Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164102 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #660 on: May 19, 2010, 08:56 AM »
my Target just put out 2 Wedge X-Wings last week  ???

still at full price btw
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:56 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 19, 2010, 10:06 AM »
We've had Y-Wings on the shelf pretty consistently since they first hit.  I think the local Target was out of them for about a month starting right after Christmas but they restocked, either from the back or a new shipment, and they've been out since.  There are even 2 or 3 at my Walmart store marked $45 in the clearance section.

My Target had 2 or 3 X-Wings on an end cap right after Christmas.  When they started their clearance they moved the X-Wings to a new end cap where they were the only SW product and they never marked them down.  When they dismantled the end caps the X-Wings disappeared but I don't know what happened to them.  I was hoping for a drop in price and I was going to pick one up.  Another Target I stop in when I make the trip had two on the shelf as of a week ago, still regular price.  I really want this, but I just can't justify $50 for it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 19, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Ya the X-Wings just kind of disappeared here as well.  They either sold through very well or they're still hiding in the back?  Never did see them on clearance either - which is a first for a Target exclusive (at least in my neck of the woods)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 19, 2010, 10:37 AM »
It was the same thing here locally as well.  They never hit clearance at any of our stores, and then just disappeared as well.  Surprising, especially for a Target exclusive.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #664 on: May 28, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Looks like Hasbro wants to help retailers avoid summer clearances: Star Wars Free Gear Give-Away.

From May 28 through July 31, 2010, spend $25 or more on select Hasbro toys and get a free role play toy - choose from Captain Rex Helmet or Duel Action Lightsaber.  Click the link for all the details.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #665 on: May 29, 2010, 12:15 AM »
I kind of wanted a Rex Helmet, and so I went out to see if I can find $25 worth of stuff to buy.

WM had some battlepacks, but all at full price, so I was a little reluctant to jump at those...  Target had a Vulture Droid though so I bought that and put a couple Legends figs in to push it over, and voila.  $25 was easily had, so I sent a form in...  Interesting little give-away.

And it goes a while too, so you never know what may turn up too, between now and then.

It's a good thing for doing charity give-aways too I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 29, 2010, 05:16 PM »
I think it'd be cool if Hasbro continued this "free" redemption, but with basic figures instead of the role play products... similar to when they mailed out SL figures for a while.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #667 on: May 30, 2010, 02:02 AM »
Sometimes it goes more with a certain audience and what they have the most stock of...  From what I've gathered, their role-play stuff sells well, and they produce tons of it, and sometimes it appears like it's not selling but the reality is they make a ton and sometimes get stuck with extras, but the numbers they sell far outweigh the overproduction.  Just what I've gathered/heard over the years.

And so they're stuck with Rex helmets and sabers, and figure to move stuff that's out there before the end of July they'll give some of it away.  Figures I think are a more controlled production situation.  They may have lots of some figures, or not, and maybe the offer just doesn't apply as well then?  That's a possibility anyway.  I'd think at bes tthey have lots of Legends maybe, and that may not even entice people much.

Roleplay stuff's popular though, so I think this may help clear things a bit.  I've got one Rex helmet, and a few extra forms printed just incase I find stuff in the next 2 months.  I figure, why not?  Ya know? 

I'm actually really happy to get the Rex helmet too...  I wasn't willing to plunk money down for one as it's one of those things I'd like to have but am too cheap to buy for myself because I simply didn't need it.  Just a goofy thing to own to me.  But this offer made it easy for me to get one now.  I guess I'll put it up with Vader or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 2, 2010, 09:55 AM »
On the front page JJ mentions that Ross stores have TFU three packs for 8 bucks.  Oh I wish there were Ross stores near me....

Not sure if I'll get a chance to go for Hasbro's new buy $30 worth of stuff, get a lightsaber or helmet free deal, but I really like that you get to pick what you want.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 2, 2010, 02:17 PM »
On the front page JJ mentions that Ross stores have TFU three packs for 8 bucks.  Oh I wish there were Ross stores near me....

I have one Ross store near me, and that one sells more Pirates of the Carribean stuff that doesn't sell at all instead of Star Wars products. The most Star Wars product I've run into at Ross were a healthy assortment of comic packs.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 2, 2010, 03:27 PM »

The local Ross store had nothing. That being said, I'm looking for one of each set. If someone is willing to help, I'd be willing to pay $10 plus shipping per set.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #671 on: June 2, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Hey Greg,

I'll stop up this weekend and see what they have.  The Incinerator set's a LOT harder to get, just so you know.  I saw only one.  The other set there were 5 maybe.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 7, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Does anyone else here shop with BING Cashback Savings?  I got this unfortunate notice via email today:

Dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user.  We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team

:'(

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #673 on: June 7, 2010, 01:46 PM »
I've saved a bunch of money over the past couple years using that bing search/cashback, sad to see it go. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 7, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Yeah, same here.   :(

Total cashback savings to date: $341.98
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today