Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164371 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #15 on: August 3, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I don't believe the BMF was on sale, none of the stores I was at today had it marked anyway
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 4, 2008, 01:34 AM »
The only things I bought at Target were the AT-TE and battlepacks, due to the ****** pricing at Target, so I may try to get the AT-TE adjusted if I can.  I'll give it a go anyway and see what happens.

I got my $20 vehicles at TRU I do believe as they were not out at my Target when I stopped by that day.  I did however pick up 2nd's of the V-19 and Homing Droid today. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 4, 2008, 01:36 AM »
Glad I held off on some of the vehicles.  I scored  a Homing Spider Droid at Target today, and even with tax the sale price was $17 and change.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Price,sales,discounts
« Reply #18 on: August 7, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Hey good news! Went to my local Target and they slashed their prices on TLC and CWC to $6.99. Bad News TRUS raised their prices on the same figures to $7.99.  I was going to talk to the manager and let her know that Wal Marts was kicking their ass in the price wars. I refuse to buy a $7.99 figure..not going to happen.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 7, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Was very unnerved to see that KayBee raised prices on TLC figures.  $9.99 each?  It's like they want to go out of business.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 7, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Does anyone understand the TRU pricing logic?  Offer the figs for $7 when they're hot and people would have paid whatever for them, but now that the excitement has died down, they restock, raise the prices to $8 and ditch the free Grievous offer.  Seems like a good way to make less profit in the beginning and next to no sales from here on out.  ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 8, 2008, 12:04 AM »
Does anyone understand the TRU pricing logic?  Offer the figs for $7 when they're hot and people would have paid whatever for them, but now that the excitement has died down, they restock, raise the prices to $8 and ditch the free Grievous offer.  Seems like a good way to make less profit in the beginning and next to no sales from here on out.  ???
and what funny is they have the TAC Legends figures for 6.99 still..the same ones repacked for the Saga legends line

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 8, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I think TRU always planned to have the figs at $8, but had to reduce the price so people would actually go to Midnight Madness.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #23 on: August 8, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Was very unnerved to see that KayBee raised prices on TLC figures.  $9.99 each?  It's like they want to go out of business.

Holy crap! They were $8.99 on 7/26! I bought Saesee and Padme there. How is that place even is business still. I am sure they are very excited about the new Robocop movie coming......

And TRU raising their prices is sad, I wanted to give them the support. Thankfully I already ordered my next two cases from NFC. I hate shopping at stores for the bulk of my collecting.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 9, 2008, 03:56 PM »
My local Target also raised prices to $8, matching TRU. Looks like I'm buying exclusively at Wal-Mart now, unless I see something totally exclusive and rare that's worth the money.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: August 9, 2008, 06:25 PM »
Exactly.  I'm a WM guy now if Target and TRU are both gonna go to the $8...  If WM goes that way, well then I guess that's just gonna be what it is then.   :-\

It never hurts to call the district offices of any of these companies and complain either.  I suggest it as basically the only thing you can do to raise a stink over it. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 9, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Exactly.  I'm a WM guy now if Target and TRU are both gonna go to the $8...  If WM goes that way, well then I guess that's just gonna be what it is then.   :-\

It never hurts to call the district offices of any of these companies and complain either.  I suggest it as basically the only thing you can do to raise a stink over it. 

I did exactly that.  Sent a complaint letter to TRU about them jackin up their prices so shortly after the MM sale.  I did get an apologetic response and said they would be forwarding the issue to HQ.  I don't have a lot of faith that it will do anything, but we'll see.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: August 9, 2008, 10:55 PM »
You'd be surprised.  I may just do the same thing this week Jman...  The more the better I say.

Target here is indeed up...  It sucks.  I'll likely be forced into making buys there too as really nobody here is restocking jack it seems, save for Target restocking a case here and there.  WM's not moved a single thing since the 26th.  TRU, well they're too far away for me to bother checking.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 12:07 PM »
My local TRU jacked up the prices on not only the figures, but seemingly everything else over the last few days.  All three figure lines are up to 7.99, with the Starfighter vehicle assortment going from 19.99 to 24.99 for no apparent reason (other than that's what TRU charged for the 30AC Starfighter assortment).  Target jacked up their prices to follow suit, with the basic figures back at 7.99 after only dropping to 6.99 on Monday of last week.  Wal-Mart's still holding steady at 6.63, but I don't see that lasting much longer once they get wind of the other retailer's pricing strategies.

On a bizarre note, TRU is running a "Buy One, Get One at 50% Off" sale on SW comic packs, Galactic Heroes, and SW TFs this week.  Naturally, TRU didn't restock for this sale, and have nothing but Mouse/Basso and Tarkin/ST from the 30AC line on the shelves.  But hey, if you're looking for any of the peripheral stuff and your TRU is better than mine, it might be a good time to stop by.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 01:57 PM »
If they had the Luke/Imp Chick or other comic packs, that would be an ok sale to get some fodder. 

I noticed comic packs were $13 at Target last night, along with $8 figures...  Yeesh...  I hate price hikes.  All attributed to rising oil prices right?  I wonder if we'll see prices come down with oil? 

Yeah, I don't think so either.