Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164389 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #285 on: September 2, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Cool, I'll have to check out Rite-Aid. The only SW stuff I've ever seen at my Rite-Aid is a $13 POTF2 8D8 figure that's been on the shelves for years. ;D

Yeah, I think that's Rite-Aid's exclusive figure.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #286 on: September 2, 2009, 11:54 PM »
They're common here, 3 within 5 minutes of my gf's place I think, so time to stop into them I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: September 3, 2009, 02:59 AM »
Has this been reported ANYWHERE other than his site?  Because I'm not seeing this anywhere else...  Kind of a curious thing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: September 3, 2009, 11:26 PM »
I'd like to back up Adam Pawlus' report on the Previews stuff at Rite-Aid...  Since they're like fly **** here, I plan to hit many in the next day and see what's available.

So far though, I hit one at a backwater town that is in my county (had a scrimage tonight, so I was there anyway), and I scored a Previews Crimson Empire Crucible set.  $19.99 + 6% sales tax.  Not shabby, and I'm very, very glad I didn't pay full price for this POS, because it is indeed a POS.  The 4 Power Rangers would be outstanding if they had better legs used than the Training Clone...  A Palpatine and Vader are just basically fodder then.

If anyone's curious though, I think the heads of the POwer Rangers would fit on the SNowtrooper perfectly (whose head fits the Tycho A-Wing Pilot figure perfectly, in a completely unrelated turn of events).

Enjoy.

Oh, and I'll let you know if my tear through another 5 or 6 stores yields me anything in the next day or two.  If I find a Rand Ecliptic TIE Fighter, I'm going to be giddy to get one for Biggs at a cheaper price.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 4, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Thanks for those head swap notes JJ, I needed another excuse to pick up an additional Crimson set.  >:(

;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #290 on: September 5, 2009, 03:21 AM »
I hit 3 Rite-Aids tonight, I'll get to two tomorrow I think.

Of the 3 I hit, nothing, except one had about 5 Crimson Empire sets...

Just for the curious, basic figure prices at Rite-Aid?

$11.50 abouts.

I really would love finding a Previews Rand Ecliptic TIE Fighter...  alas, nothing thus far.  Also no GI Joe stuff either.

I'll keep popping in as 2 are on my way to my girl's place anyhow.  The others aren't terribly inconvenient to get to either.  THere's at least 7 easily accessible to me, haha.  Sad.  Wal-Mart is a minimum 25 minute drive but I've got Rite-Aid like it's going out of style.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 5, 2009, 03:37 PM »
I stopped off at the local Rite-Aid and there were 7 PX Evaders (yes, that's right 7), 4 Crimson Empire sets, and 4 GI Joe sets (don't recall the name of the set).  Each item was $19.99 plus tax.  I picked up one of each of the SW sets.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 6, 2009, 12:37 AM »

Just for the curious, basic figure prices at Rite-Aid?

$11.50 abouts.

:o  Anyone at Rite-Aid Pricing Dept. still awake?  $11.50 for a figure or $.50 more for an exclusive figure with a massive vehicle.  Yeah, that makes sense.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 6, 2009, 10:05 AM »
I noticed in the TRU Sunday ad today that they have a two day (Sunday/Monday) Labor Day sale going on, and the Falcon ($80) and AT-TE ($50) are both on sale today and tomorrow.  Pretty nice deals if you've been holding out.  All these sales on the big vehicles from last year makes me think I could hold off on the Turbo Tank.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 6, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Oh man! I am SO tempted to pick up another AT-TE! I managed to avoid doing so last time, but $50 is just such a deal. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 6, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Guess I'll post this here too..

Caught this on AP's 16 Bit...I had no clue.

Reports from over the web indicate that the Rite Aid drug store chain is getting Diamdond's overstock collector toys. For just $19.99, fans are finding Star Wars Ecliptic Evader TIE Fighters, Crimson Empire boxed sets, and G.I. Joe Extreme Conditions box sets. Happy hunting, your mileage may vary!

I just found 2 Crimson Guards sets at Rite Aid.  Originally, being a fan of the Crimson Empire comics, I was on board to buy a set.  But I let it go because the figures looked short, they had the clone training legs, and the paint jobs were pretty bad.  Plus the original price was like $40 or something.  Then I found them for $20 an hour ago.  After scrutinizing both sets, I still left them.  Even for $20 I didn't want it.

I guess the bottom line is, it was a nice idea to make training royal guards, but the execution was poor.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 6, 2009, 09:48 PM »
I noticed in the TRU Sunday ad today that they have a two day (Sunday/Monday) Labor Day sale going on, and the Falcon ($80) and AT-TE ($50) are both on sale today and tomorrow.  Pretty nice deals if you've been holding out.  All these sales on the big vehicles from last year makes me think I could hold off on the Turbo Tank.

Awesome sale!  Wish I would have waited....especially on the $135 deal I got on the Falcon  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #297 on: September 6, 2009, 11:54 PM »
I am going to try and pick up an extra BMF tomorrow. If I am able to get one I plan on keeping it boxed since I already have one. I wanted to get an extra on clearance but missed out. $80 is a killer deal. I already have x2 AT-TE's s I am done with that although $50 is pretty sweet.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2009, 03:38 AM »
This doesn't apply to TLC stuff, but I've got a report that Saga Collection and 30th Anniversary Collection figures (basics and other stuff) have shown up at TJ Maxx stores.  It's from a friend so I'm trusting it, but it may be an isolated incident.  I'm going to pop into mine when I get time here this weekend and see what I can spy.

If you're near a TJ Maxx though, stop in and snap us a photo if you find something...  May be worth a shot.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2009, 04:14 AM »
TJ Maxx... You should go!

God I hated those commercials...
"This is the way."