Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164422 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #435 on: November 20, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Sounds like HTS has $4.99 flat rate shipping again this weekend...  ends 11/30/09.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 20, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Got my order from Toy Rocket today and everything looks good outside of the item that they reimbursed me for.  As a bonus, I didn't realie I had ordered the CW Assassin Droid x2, so was shocked to see these in the box!  Looks like this is a safe bet - order at will!

I wouldn't got that far yet...

I emailed them early this afternoon and I just checked now and I haven't heard back from them yet.  I know, I shouldn't panic and give them time to respond.  However, when I call and I try to contact them and no one picks up and it goes to their answering machine, then tells me to leave a message, but I cannot because the answering machine is full - that gives me a little reasoning to be concerned...   :o

edit:  also, live chat operators = not available....

edit x2:  finally got a hold of someone on the phone.  he said my order is taking so long because it was so large (33+ items) and they had to locate evrything in their warehouse.  he said now i should receive a shipping notice Friday or Monday.

Well, I have received multiple notices saying that they got way more orders in than expected and that there would be delays of 5-7 days.  I was getting these even after my shipment was sent out, so I assume they've gone to everyone who ordered including yourself.  Sending an email and getting a response same day is relatively rare in my experience.  Even big retailers like Target often say they will get back to you in 24-48 hours.

I’m just a sample of one, but outside of the item that they removed from my order, everything went smoothly with my order.  I got a well packed box of all the items I ordered and everything was in very good shape, so I would order from them again. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 21, 2009, 03:34 PM »
I ended up going to Elmira last night and stopping at TRU, Kohls, Target and WM.

TRU had a huge ****load of SL and CW and not a single TLC figure mixed in with the 100+ figures on the pegs.  I did buy a CW Commando Droid and ARF Trooper, both of which I had been putting off at $8 a piece. 

Kohls was also running a sale on figures.  Normally $10 they were marked to $8.99 and had door buster promo of some sort for another 20% off to make them $7.19.  They had the new ROTS wave on the pegs, which I had on order from HTS anyway.  But I snagged a secon IG-88 and the Ewoks.  I had a $10 coupon that I got from Kohls about a week ago...walked out with both figures for a total of $4.73. 

So I ended up with 4 figures for a total of $17.68. 

Now it's looking like the KMart sale is on for tomorrow; Buy one, get one free.  Unfortunately, my store found ANOTER case of Saga Legends over night.  Six TLC figures, but they're all carry forward repacks, nothing new that I don't have.   Still, it'll be worth a stop in the morning I guess.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 21, 2009, 04:01 PM »
I'm honestly SO surprised that Kohl's, of all places, carries Hasbro Star Wars. :o I need to search that Kohl's store near me!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 21, 2009, 05:08 PM »
I'm honestly SO surprised that Kohl's, of all places, carries Hasbro Star Wars. :o I need to search that Kohl's store near me!

Kohl's had 2 SW exclusives a few years back, so ya - they're a player to some extent.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #440 on: November 21, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Kohl's had 2 SW exclusives a few years back, so ya - they're a player to some extent.

Weren't those the Wookiee Copter and the AT-RT exclusives?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 21, 2009, 06:54 PM »

Almost.  I think it was the BARC Speeder and AT-RT.  They each came with an extra figure packed in.  I think I have the BARC but not the AT-RT. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 21, 2009, 11:23 PM »

Almost.  I think it was the BARC Speeder and AT-RT.  They each came with an extra figure packed in.  I think I have the BARC but not the AT-RT. 

E...

I believe you're both right.  The assortment was the bonus clone with AT-RT, bonus wookie warrior with BARC Speeder, and the Wookie copter, since I got all three at the same place.  The Copter did not have a bonus figure though.  I think I still have a spare set of the bonus figure packs or at least one of them.

Wasn't Kohl's also the hot spot for a few basic figure runs?  I remember there was a Palpatine variation from ROTS that I tracked down there and some of the harder to find figures like Black Suited Clone Pilot.  They were also a hot spot for the TAC (wave 5?) EU figures (Revan, Malek, etc.).  Every once in a while they're worth checking into...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #443 on: November 23, 2009, 02:04 AM »
The KM sale was a great success for me today.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 23, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Kmart was a complete waste of time for me. Neither of the two in my area would honor the sale. They have different weekly adds.  >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 23, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I was able to get my KMart to give me a rain check for the battle packs at the $20 price. They might have gotten some in for the start of the sale on Sunday, but by Monday morning (the first day I checked) they were out of them entirely - and that didn't change all week.

So here's hoping that they get in some more Red/White packaged new sets soon...

Of course, last week, I was able to score 2 complete sets of the Padme/Matchstick CW wave at KMarts and now they're doing the BOGO sale, so I'm going to swing by there and see if they'll adjust my receipt. I doubt they'll do it, but it's worth a try...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 23, 2009, 12:02 PM »
I got my receipts adjusted here in town and they were from when I was away on business at a KMart I found where I was staying. You have 7 days to have an adjustment done. It's on the back of the receipt so give them hell if they say different and you are in the 7 day period.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #447 on: November 23, 2009, 12:22 PM »
20% off code for HTS with free shipping: Family2009

It expires on 11/30.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:22 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 23, 2009, 12:50 PM »
20% off code for HTS with free shipping: Family2009

It expires on 11/30.

awesome man - thanks for the info!

Ok Hasbro - the cards are in your hand - put either one or both of the last two Legacy waves up for pre-order and you will have my money    :P

or more comic packs for that matter   ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 23, 2009, 01:15 PM »
I got my receipts adjusted here in town and they were from when I was away on business at a KMart I found where I was staying. You have 7 days to have an adjustment done. It's on the back of the receipt so give them hell if they say different and you are in the 7 day period.

Cool! Thanks for the info!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!