Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164974 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #630 on: May 5, 2010, 11:31 AM »
thanks Pete.

Seriously, I wish Hasbro had a pile of loot system similar to bbts.
Had this sale been going on the day prior I probably would have bought some battle packs too.  I wish I could add to my order but I guess I can understand why.

I guess what is bogus is the fact that I made my purchase the day prior because of the "spring cleaning sale" or whatever it was - then the next day they put some of the very same figures involved in the sale the day before cheaper in a non advertised sale - if that makes sense.

IE sandstorm Han at $5.99, now at $4.99

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 5, 2010, 11:43 AM »
I'm going to have to partake in the HTS sale. Good deal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 5, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Yeah, this actually prompted me to make my first ever order from HTS. Both the TCW BattlePacks I needed were on sale for $19.99. With shipping, tax, minus the promo code SW2010 discount, together they came to $46.15 total. That's at least a couple of bucks cheaper than I would have paid at Target or TRU, you know, if they were to ever actually stock those around here.

Heck, I may go back and pick up a couple of figures for openers, then I'm totally and completely done for the summer.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 7, 2010, 06:51 AM »
Well, it took a bit more doing than I would have liked, but I finally got HTS to give me the refund of $22.50 off of my order for five battlepacks.

I had used the SW2010 code when I ordered and initially all they wanted to give me was $12.00 back - I had to call them up a second time and teach them how to do simple math.

Once they figured out that I was right they issued me the full credit.

So at least it is confirmation that they will do price adjustments.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 7, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Looks like walmart is trying to compete with TRU. Figures are now $4.50 at two of my local ones.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 7, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Per the front page:

The Expanded Universe wave sightings have been rampant, and even on sale, but those sales end soon. The wave keeps reappearing at stores which were cleared out just the day before though, so don't give up hope for finding a deal. They just showed locally for me even!

Jesse, where are you getting information that the sale ends soon? Everything I've seen on stickers and when scanning Legacy figures indicates the sale is good for amost two more months - ending on July 3.  And CW figures are supposed to be on sale through July 17...

Can you please tell me what I'm I missing here?  Thanks!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 7, 2010, 11:33 AM »
yar - the scanners at TRU say "sale ends 7/3/10"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #637 on: May 7, 2010, 02:49 PM »
The scanner I saw Sunday literally said that it ended this week, 5/8/10...  Maybe that's just a gaff at my store then?  I'll update that though since everyone else saw differently.  That's good for those still hunting then at least, so at least it was a good news misinformation on my part rather than a bad news.  It gives me a little hope of finding them on sale still then.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2010, 02:54 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 7, 2010, 06:26 PM »
didn't check scanners but all the stickers promoting the sale were gone from the pegs, and the Battlepacks/vehicle were slashed to $19.99.  Wondering how this is varying.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #639 on: May 7, 2010, 06:34 PM »
didn't check scanners but all the stickers promoting the sale were gone from the pegs, and the Battlepacks/vehicle were slashed to $19.99.  Wondering how this is varying.

None of my local stores advertise the $4.99 sale outright either but it is active. You have to either scan the UPC or check out to see/reap the new lower price.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 7, 2010, 06:57 PM »
It seems to vary from store-to-store.

One store in my travels had tags advertising the Vehicle and Battlepack reduction, but not the figures.

And then the one near where I work has the tags on the figures but no indication that the other items were reduced, but if you take 'em to a price scanner they are.

So I guess it's a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 7, 2010, 08:53 PM »
My TRU has an assload of $4.99 figure ticket things on the pegs and a $19.99 tag for the one assualt vehicle they have left.  A few of my Targets dissed the sale markers on the LEGO items after the first week in April or whenever even though that sale still lasts until Sunday.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #642 on: May 7, 2010, 11:47 PM »
I never saw, at either store I visited, anything advertising any sale but the BOGO Force Unleashed and things like that.  I saw the BOGO tags but those were gone Sunday when I went to another store (if they ever had them up  ???).

Figures were $4.99 though, but when the register said, "Sale Ends:" the date beside it was this Saturday...  With how many people say they saw another date, I'm guessing it's a single store's glitch.  *shrugs*  $4.99 to July is pretty welcome to me though, so I'm more than happy to be wrong on that.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 8, 2010, 10:10 AM »
i have to admit it was awesome to finally score a wave (eu) at this price,very cool

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 8, 2010, 10:30 AM »
It just goes to show how much we are ripped off on prices over that last year or two.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours