Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164105 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #645 on: May 10, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Just FYI - for those of you living in range of a Meijer store - I visited one in Mishawaka, Indiana two days ago and they are already starting to clearance Legacy items - some down to 50% off.

Battle Packs were $12.50 - I finally grabbed the Gelgarub pack - it wasn't worth it to me at the MSRP - unfortunately I already have all the other BP's I would want.
Y-Wing/Shadow Arcs were $33 - I grabbed the Y-wing

other than that comic packs were only marked down to $11 and change

Blasters both the small trooper style and the commander style were marked down 50% off - $10 and $20 respectively. Also the Rex helmet was half off - I believe down to $20

there may be other things clearanced but that is all I believe seeing - also I am pretty sure Meijer does clearancing corporate wide, not store to store - but I could be wrong

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 11, 2010, 05:12 PM »
Good incentive on their end to clear out old product to those not in the know.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 11, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Good incentive on their end to clear out old product to those not in the know.   :-\

That and $4.50 figures.

Man - so now, for $4.50 I can get a figure with primo articulation, a droid part, and basically a lottery-ish type feel that I may actually win something (who knows if something was actually done to those figures or not).

In a couple of months for $8 I will just be getting the figure with primo articulation...    ???

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 12, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Hasbro Toys shop is doing 20% off plus free shipping. FREESHIP20. I had to pull the trigger and get the Stormtroopers I had been eyeing up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 12, 2010, 02:51 PM »
Hasbro Toys shop is doing 20% off plus free shipping. FREESHIP20. I had to pull the trigger and get the Stormtroopers I had been eyeing up.

I was just coming in here to post hat... between the 20% off and the $4.99 on lots of older figures, I was able to buy up a few of the army builders I'd passed on at 4.00 each.  Can't beat that.

If anyone skipped out on Scanning Crew Troopers, now's your big chance.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:53 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #650 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14 PM »
That's pretty decent for sure.  Good time to stock up on lots of stuff over there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 12, 2010, 03:24 PM »
Picked up x10 Sandtroopers and x10 Spacetroopers off HTS.  nice deal!   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Two things -

HTS refunded me $6 after putting my one phone call in a week or so ago complaining about the price going lower the day after I purchased something during one of their "sales"  Funny thing is had I waited until now it would have even been cheaper - oh well.

Also yesterday I received my 3 free Saga Legends figures for buying my clone commaner blaster.  My early prediction was I was going to be receiving Saese, Plo, and Saese - but I actually received Vader, Chewbacca, and AOTC Clone!  The last one was the real shocker to me.  All were moc just like they would have been had I bought them from a store.  There cards were by no means mint (not that I cared) because they were crammed in a box that wasn't wide enough.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 16, 2010, 11:41 AM »
I noticed this morning that figures were $4.99 at Target. It might be a good time to stock up on ESB wave army builders if that's your thing.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 16, 2010, 07:03 PM »
I noticed this morning that figures were $4.99 at Target. It might be a good time to stock up on ESB wave army builders if that's your thing.

Glad to hear that Target has joined the game, but they have an army of crap in my neighborhood.   :-\  - still not seeing the stickers, not that I care though

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 16, 2010, 07:57 PM »
yeah,target seems to be the odd man out when it comes to figures these days,the ones around me havnt re stocked in months,they seem to keep stocking the esb wave and no new clone wars figs either

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #656 on: May 17, 2010, 04:09 PM »
I picked up:
 x3 Sae See Tiins from WM (Yes, it's true. They are for customs.)
x2 K'Kuhk, Darktrooper, Spacetrooper & EP1 Obi-Wan from TRU also for customs.

It's amazing what a lower price can do. I find myself taking advantage of the great deals out there. I now have incentive to hit Target since their price is lower.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 17, 2010, 07:31 PM »
It's amazing what a lower price can do. I find myself taking advantage of the great deals out there. I now have incentive to hit Target since their price is lower.

I agree - I've found myself buying Legends army builders lately since I can get them for so cheap at TRU and WalMart.

I've bought another six 501st Legion troopers and four Super Battle Droids lately, mostly for the gun lockers so I can give that big gun in the locker to my Spacetroopers, but getting the additional army builders is nice too.

Wouldn't mind picking up some Shocktroopers at this price as well...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 18, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Not only did I see the $4.99 figure price at Target tonight but most everything else is on sale also.  Vehicles for $19.99, BPs for $22 or $23 and change, Transformers were $13.99 I think.  I don't recall if the Clone Wars fig/vehicles were on sale or not but the Galactic Heroes were $4.99 also.

I don't think the Y-Wing was marked down and I don't recall if the role play items were or not either.  I didn't even look at the comic packs because they disgust me.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2010, 10:50 PM »
I don't think the Y-Wing was marked down

The what?  I haven't seen the y-wing or the ARC since around Christmas I believe at Target, WM, or TRU for that matter.  Nice to see that selection is still available in certain parts of the US - at an awful high pricepoint  :)