Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164090 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #675 on: June 8, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Just got back from a TRU trip and found Pons Limbac, he rang up at $7.49 so they ended the sale earlier than advertised out here as well.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 8, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but looks like Target has their StarFormers on sale for $10.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #677 on: June 8, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Not a huge selection, but there is a Buy One, Get One Free Deal @ HasbroToyShop

Buy one select toy or game from the ‘BOGO Event’ category and get one toy or game from the BOGO Event category of the same or lesser value free (up to a $39.99 value). Limit three free items per order. Shipping charges will apply to entire order. Taxes may apply. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid only while supplies last. Not valid on previous orders. Offer may expire without notice due to error, fraud or other unforeseen circumstances. Offer valid in U.S. only. Void where prohibited. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. Offer expires June 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM (ET).
« Last Edit: June 8, 2010, 04:18 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 8, 2010, 11:26 PM »
Just got back from a TRU trip and found Pons Limbac, he rang up at $7.49 so they ended the sale earlier than advertised out here as well.

Can confirm my local TRU ended the sale too. Local Wal-Marts are still $4.50 though I've heard rumors that other Targets and WM are upping the prices back to thr $6 range.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 8, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Did it do any good? Did they actually move product?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #680 on: June 8, 2010, 11:52 PM »
Every store I have been to has...  They're down to the bare minimum(s) of pegwarmers pretty much.  My nearest WM went from having literally a full section in the main SW aisle of basic figures, as well as a completely full endcap of Legends, down to just pretty much filling up the main aisle now (it's got space for new stuff) of figures.

And that includes them getting in case upon case of ESB Wave revision cases and the snowbi-wan/Ani cases lately which have been selling through for the most part. 

The usual suspects have lingered on though, like Legends Plo, Legacy Plo, CW3D Plo, and Yarna.  Also a number of Bespin Guards oddly enough...  It's down mostly to Legends/CW3D stuff now though.  Still 3 1st day of issue Yarna's I laugh about all the time too.  Love seeing those around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 9, 2010, 09:32 AM »
... Still 3 1st day of issue Yarna's I laugh about all the time too.  Love seeing those around.

Did they also have C5 contest stickers on them? It would be sad if one of those had an actual winning ticket in them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 9, 2010, 11:01 AM »
The sale prices at the local Target move Clone Wars and Legends but the TLC figures were already at a minimum with the most recent stragglers being a Wing Guard, Hood and Agen Kolar.  And, of course, we still have blue packaged Breha and Bail Organa and a Stass Allie figure left from the flood last October.

Walmart, on the other hand, has moved Clone Wars at $4.50 but not as much Legends and I don't think any sale price is going to move all the Malikili, Nien Nunb and Nikto figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #683 on: June 9, 2010, 04:07 PM »
... Still 3 1st day of issue Yarna's I laugh about all the time too.  Love seeing those around.

Did they also have C5 contest stickers on them? It would be sad if one of those had an actual winning ticket in them.

Surprisingly, no...  None of the blue stuff but Xixor/Leia comics got the sticker.

At my store there were TONS of Nein Numb's around and they actually moved, so you never know.  $4.50 pilots is a good price.  The Nikto and stuff were gone anyway.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 30, 2010, 01:24 PM »
Just sent in for that "free gear give away" thing.  Fingers crossed for the Rex helmet for my son.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 30, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Can confirm my local TRU ended the sale too. Local Wal-Marts are still $4.50 though I've heard rumors that other Targets and WM are upping the prices back to thr $6 range.

Crap! At Target they were like around $4.99 when on sale... but the $6 price range is OK, too! At normal price they're $9 flat, including tax.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 30, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Some jackhole on another forum was trying to give me crap for buying figures online at TRU at "inflated prices" and I had to explain that the figures actually cost $7.49 on the pegs now at any TRU, not just online.  ::)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 30, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Some jackhole on another forum was trying to give me crap for buying figures online at TRU at "inflated prices" and I had to explain that the figures actually cost $7.49 on the pegs now at any TRU, not just online.  ::)

Why should he care what you pay for figures. That's your business. He's just jealous you got them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #688 on: June 30, 2010, 07:03 PM »
It seems confusing as to what people are even paying...  Some are saying $9.99, others are saying less...  I don't get to TRU often.  TRU.com was having a sale going on when they put these up?  Or no?

$7.50-$7.99 is what we were paying, so if you paid that I don't see anything inflated about it...   $9.99, eh...  But like was said, it's your money.  I just wouldn't spend that kind of dough on them.

I'm just twiddling my thumbs till I can wander out to a TRU I guess.  No sense getting pissy with someone for buying stuff now.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 30, 2010, 10:07 PM »
It seems confusing as to what people are even paying...  Some are saying $9.99, others are saying less...  TRU.com was having a sale going on when they put these up?  Or no?

The advertised price is at $9.99, but with the BOGO sale and free shipping, it comes out to what we are pretty much paying at the moment.