Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164358 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #705 on: July 19, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Not sure if anyone would care, but I was at KMart yesterday and anything in their clearance section was an additional 50% off.  So the Imperial ARC fighter and Clone Wars Y-Wing, which were $52ish, were clearance priced to $42 (I think) meaning they were $21 or so.  They also had the Clone trooper helmets, the RC-R2 and a smattering of Lightsabers and Blasters.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #706 on: July 22, 2010, 01:18 PM »
HasbroToyShop 10% off code. COMIC2010
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 22, 2010, 01:24 PM »

Drawing a blank again - do those codes generally "expire" when it comes time for the SDCC goodies?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #708 on: July 22, 2010, 01:25 PM »

Drawing a blank again - do those codes generally "expire" when it comes time for the SDCC goodies?

Not sure, this one expires on 8/15
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 22, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Just thought I'd share a very insignificant piece of news, but, at Target, you can easily get clearanced Malakillis and other "undesirables" in the LC line for $4.19. Hopefully they'll get a tsunami of new TVC product in the coming month, especially since there's not even a Star Wars section at most stores anymore.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 25, 2010, 05:12 PM »
Here's a fun Target find; the only 3 basic figures they have left are Breha Organa figs.  They have clearance tags on them and are currently scanning for $3-something (50% off I believe).  However, some chucklehead tagged them with a clearance sticker saying they were originally something like $14.89 and they're now $7.44.

I think it's a conspiracy by Target to never, ever sell those three figures.  Ever.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 25, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Here's a fun Target find; the only 3 basic figures they have left are Breha Organa figs.  They have clearance tags on them and are currently scanning for $3-something (50% off I believe).  However, some chucklehead tagged them with a clearance sticker saying they were originally something like $14.89 and they're now $7.44.

I think it's a conspiracy by Target to never, ever sell those three figures.  Ever.

E...

;D  Now that's funny.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #712 on: July 26, 2010, 02:20 AM »
My Target had like 10 Bespin Guards...  No matter how good they make him, he still won't sell. 

I bought 2, I'll admit.  I didn't think they'd have anything, but I was wrong.

They also have Yarna and Breha...  still.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 28, 2010, 01:32 PM »
My Target had like 10 Bespin Guards...  No matter how good they make him, he still won't sell. 

I bought 2, I'll admit.  I didn't think they'd have anything, but I was wrong.

History repeating.

Back in the 80's the dark-skinned Bespin Guard was a total peg warmer. You could still find them on ESB cards years after Kenner ended the whole Star Wars line. I wound up with 8 of them. I think I have one MOC somewhere.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 29, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Your mileage may very on this because it happened to me at Target - and they were reducing all clearance stuff to 75% off

I bought:
2 Clone Commander Blascters - marked down to $10 each
1 Clone Nerf gun - $4.25
1 Clone Helmet - $10

But the best part is, with the inclusion of the Aurra Sing figure I bought last week - I can now mail away for another free Rex Helmet   ;D  (I have to use the Sing purchase because for whatever reason the Clone trooper helmet wasn't included on the form - only the Rex style).

I am thinking I may be able to send away for a 3rd too with the purchases I made a while back on the Snow Speeder and Cloud Car vehicles during TRU's bogo 1/2 off sale.  The form just says standard vehicles....

And yes - I will of course be using different mailing addresses   ;)  hope it works - I am just getting this stuff for my son to give to his friends for birthdays

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 29, 2010, 05:30 PM »
And yes - I will of course be using different mailing addresses   ;)  hope it works

I don't think they care for this promo - well at least the TF one said you could have multiple shipments sent to the same address - just need a seperate order form for each submission...SW could be different though?  I dunno..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #716 on: July 29, 2010, 06:51 PM »
I am 99.9% sure there's no problem shipping to the same address.  They just want to clear things out, so no limits or anything.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 29, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Come to think of it - where's the link for the helmet?  I like free stuff.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #718 on: July 29, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Come to think of it - where's the link for the helmet?  I like free stuff.

Star Wars Free Gear Give-Away.

From May 28 through July 31, 2010, spend $25 or more on select Hasbro toys and get a free role play toy - choose from Captain Rex Helmet or Duel Action Lightsaber.  Click the link for all the details.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #719 on: July 29, 2010, 09:29 PM »
I got my Rex Helmet not too long ago actually.  It's pretty nifty as a toy, I see why kids love these things.  I had the Vader...  They're too big to buy them all I figure, but man that Boba one is tempting too.

Free though, couldn't pass it up.  I've not had a need/urge to buy much more SW stuff to get another item, but I just maybe broke $25 last week, so I need to go through all my receipts the last month and see what I maybe bought.  I don't believe Jodo Kast counts, unfortunately. :(