Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46024 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Pit of Carkoon Playset?!?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 11:49 PM »
The Scarlac is nice, but we have everything else. I donno if the Scarlac is worth $60.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 11:52 PM »
The Scarlac is nice, but we have everything else. I donno if the Scarlac is worth $60.

Agreed.
Some repaints or kit-bashed goons would have been nice to make this more appealing like the previous UBP's. I will buy it but I will be getting rid of the extras, they are not even good custom fodder.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target Pit of Carkoon Ultimate BP
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 11:55 PM »
So it's an Ultimate BP, eh?  Strange they are willing to talk about it already given the uber-denials last year.   :P

I only have one Skiff, and technically there were two at the Pit, so I will be fine buying this set for the Pit and a second Skiff to set up.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 12:58 AM »
They may keep another one as a surprise.....I hope.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 01:05 AM »
That's pretty cool and looks actually very accurate...  I'll pick it up for sure, just for the pit...  Don't know what the figures will be as far as quality goes, but yeah, the rest of the stuff I'll just sell I think.

Love the creature though...  Not sure I'd call it a playset, per se, but sort of...  I guess?  It's kind of like the gun from Hoth in that it's neat, accurate, and I'll take one for sure.  This is much cooler than the dome, which I think I'm passing on unless there's one available for clearance at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I'm in the boat of being pretty excited for this.  I always sort of hoped we'd get a Sarlacc of some sort in the line, although I always figured it would just be cardboard or something.  Plus, the Skiff is one of the OT vehicles I'm still missing (saw it once, had to pass, never saw it again) - so that's a bonus for me.  Aside from the figures themselves, the pack is all new for me, so I look forward to grabbing it.  I wonder if there will still be two UBPs at Target this holiday season, and they are still saving one - or if the GI Joe one is taking the place of the second.  Either way, can't wait for this one.  Hopefully we'll see this trend continue of getting these larger "set pieces/playset pieces" in the UBPs - pretty cool.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 10:00 AM »
  Not sure I'd call it a playset, per se, but sort of...  I guess? 

I wouldn't call it a playset either.  It's a rehashed vehicle from 1985 with a new accessory and a base - similar to the Dagobah X-Wing with swamp **** and dragon snake.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 10:07 AM »
I wonder if there will still be two UBPs at Target this holiday season, and they are still saving one - or if the GI Joe one is taking the place of the second. 

That is probably the case, how can Target have 3 sets of this size at once? It would be overkill as the same people buying the SW buys Joe to a large extent. There is only so much money to go around, this year is getting out of hand...FAST. If it was not for my side business there would be no way to keep up with all this great stuff. The Joe line keeps getting better.......as does SW.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 11:47 AM »
:o  :o  :o This is by far the coolest thing Hasbro has ever made. I have not been so excited so Yarna was finally officially announced.

I don't think this is that cool and I really don't see it as a "playset" so to speak, but it's a start as is the homestead.

I have always wanted a Sarlaac so this is right up there for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 11:55 AM »
I wouldn't call it a playset either.  It's a rehashed vehicle from 1985 with a new accessory and a base - similar to the Dagobah X-Wing with swamp **** and dragon snake.

Call it whatever you want... it may not not a full blown playset but it's a step in the right direction and is quite a bit more than a few pieces of swamp ****. 

Anyways, good to see; regardless if it comes with repacks.  Could mean better and bigger things are around the corner.

Holy ****, this thing is some pretty serious vindication for you there.

Between the Lars Homestead stuff and this... congrats.

Yeah!  I think it's great that Hasbro is finally starting to produce some actual environments for figures.  I wish the sand bank area was a bit larger, but I'm not complaining by any means.  It's just awesome to be getting more environment/playset pieces.  Or whatever people want to call them.  This is the sort of thing that I've been personally clamoring for Hasbro to make for quite some time... environments that look like represenations from the films... I'm so happy about this, I just wish we didn't have to wait until November to pick it up!  I'll probably be annoying customer service desks at Target about this using the DPCI trick in October... hee hee

The figures ruin an otherwise fine playset. Either use better versions or don't include figures at all. Either way, congrats CHEWIE for finally getting what you want. :)

I agree, the figures really don't do much for me.  Just "extras" that will help absorb Hasbro's costs on tooling the Sarlacc I suppose.  I'll probably use the figures just for extra custom fodder or extra toys for the kiddo.  And thanks, this really is something that I've been hoping they'd make for quite some time.  I might end up trying to make a larger sand pit and use the actual creature in the middle of it.  There's a customizer called jedijep who made this... something I always thought would be way out of my league to attempt making... but with Hasbro now making the beak and tentacles, I might end up giving it a whirl.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 12:14 PM »
I actually have mixed feeling on this set the more I look at it. The sarlaac looks cool. But I think it would have been better if it had posable tentacles. It also looks removable based on the gap between the sarlaac and the Dune. The skiff is cool but I have all those figures but the Luke. Being a Target exclusive my chances on this thing are slim but if I do get it im sure using a cardboard box drenching it in glue and dumping it in sand will help make the Skiff stand higher and look better. Ill wait till I see one in person for final judgment. I am happy hasbro is attempting to make playsets without action features though. Makes me wonder what this Alpha base that keeps popping up in rumor lists will look like.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Can't really tell if the tentacles are poseable or not?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 02:09 PM »

and is quite a bit more than a few pieces of swamp ****. 

You're right - about $15 more.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 04:02 PM »
that is one of the ugliest things i've ever seen. a giant hunk of tan plastic with a glory hole in the middle? no thanks.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 04:04 PM »
that is one of the ugliest things i've ever seen. a giant hunk of tan plastic with a glory hole in the middle? no thanks.

Imagine the uses for this thing if the "Special Edition beak" wasn't included.  :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:50 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird