Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46136 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 04:06 PM »
A million fanboys will hump theirs before it's even out of the car.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Can't really tell if the tentacles are poseable or not?

The tentacles are pretty clearly just an upside down dianoga from the Wal-Mart trash compactor packs, and yeah, they're posable.

Still, this thing is shiiiit.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 05:19 PM »
I gotta admit, I dig it more if the tentacles are poseable. ;D  That's cool...  I gotta make a shelf for this damn thing now though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 05:49 PM »
I gotta admit, I dig it more if the tentacles are poseable. ;D  That's cool...  I gotta make a shelf for this damn thing now though.

...to display the giant hunk of tan plastic.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 06:53 PM »

What other way could Hasbro have made this, other than making it an even larger hunk of tan plastic?  Hmmm?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 07:19 PM »

Yeah, more or less...   :-\  I actually will probably expand on it at some point though, to make it a little larger somehow...  Not sure how, but somehow.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 08:41 PM »
What other way could Hasbro have made this, other than making it an even larger hunk of tan plastic?  Hmmm?

since, presumably, toys are for children first, they could have made just the sarlacc, and you could stick it in real sand. as many children do.  as it is, it's really ugly. seriously, take your finger, cover up the monster itself, and what do you see? a giant hunk of warped tan plastic. not for me.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Didn't Hasbro at one point say they wouldn't do a hole in the ground?  I remember that from a Q&A somewhere.  Anyways, this isn't my scene, but kudos to them for taking a shot at playsets.  I would much prefer myself something Hoth or Death Star (next year?) but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Didn't Hasbro at one point say they wouldn't do a hole in the ground?

They even frowned upon it, but I have no idea where the original question was adressed - I just know it was asked.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 02:40 AM »
Not something I'm too interested in, but judging by the UBP performance last Christmas, Target will sell these with or without my purchase.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 06:50 AM »
Didn't Hasbro at one point say they wouldn't do a hole in the ground?

They even frowned upon it, but I have no idea where the original question was adressed - I just know it was asked.

I think this is it....
We understand your current stance on playsets, but if you go back to making beasts, would you consider a Sarlacc pit? It's got a big gross mouth, tentacles, and the special editions have added a large beak (which, should you make this figure, we'd hope could be a removable aspect), yet this is one Star Wars creature that's always gotten the short end of the merchandising stick despite being a major part of ROTJ. It could be done as a beast pack, maybe an ultimate battle pack, or even part of a boxed set with a Tatooine Skiff. (AF, 12/21/07)

Wow….multiple questions on the Sarlacc this week! All we have to say is that the challenge of making and marketing basically a hole in the ground with teeth is a pretty stiff one indeed. It is a beast, but doesn't look like one. Kids won't get it. How would you display it? Not to get any hopes up, because it is a cool idea, but the challenges might be impossible to solve.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:51 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 08:23 AM »
that is one of the ugliest things i've ever seen. a giant hunk of tan plastic with a glory hole in the middle? no thanks.

Imagine the uses for this thing if the "Special Edition beak" wasn't included.  :D

I can only think of one, so I don't mind the beak.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Its funny that yet again Hasbro seems to have "lied" about not wanting to make something.  It sure has been happening a lot lately, they say something won't happen or stay quiet about it (or flat out deny when pictures have been leaked), and then a few weeks later - ta da.  I'm really starting to think, unless things like this UBP, the Falcon, and the AT-TE massively tank at retail, that we're going to see some sort of Death Star playset/environment within the next couple years.  It all depends on how things sell though I'm guessing.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 10:17 AM »
I wonder if the skiff has somekind clear stand included so it can hover above the pit. The way it works now, if you put the skiff next to the pit, the pit is actually higher then the floor of the skiff.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 11:54 PM »
This set doesn't do anything for me. I would be interested in the sarlacc if anyone wants the other stuff. It will save me on work to build one for myself.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link