Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46013 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Ok what happened to the n >:(ew Jabba?  >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2008, 09:06 PM »
I was at Target today, so I punched in the DPCI to check...  $62.99! :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Holy ******* ****!

That's completely insane. I was really looking forward to this set so I could finally have a skiff. As much as I want one, I just can't justify $62.99 for it. So this looks like a pass. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02 PM »

So how does that break down?

5 x figures @ $7 each = $35 (albeit they're all reissues)
IIRC, the skiff cost $24.99 originally and included one figure
Plus the Sarlacc pit base

It doesn't break down terribly from that standpoint.  But the pack-in figures are weak for the most part.  The Han and Lando are okay.  But the Luke is out of date.  The Boba Fett is inferior compared to the Evolutions Fett.  And the Weequay is downright antiquated.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Clearly Hasbro didn't get the memo that the nation is in a recession right now  ::)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2008, 01:10 AM »
As much as I want it, the price may actually be a deterrent for me...  I'll have to determine at the time I see it I guess, but the more I think about it, the less I'm caring right now.  I have lots to buy every holiday, so for myself I am gonna be pretty thrifty this year, with collecting and all.

I've really gotten to a point where I've cut back...  Hasbro/Retail aren't getting  a fraction of what I once would spend in a year, I'm sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2008, 08:13 AM »
I have always wanted a sarlaac so i am buying this anyway but the price is very high.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I never usually intend to wait for target clearance, but in both of these UPB cases, I just might.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2008, 12:18 PM »
recession = less people buying at full price which in turn = to Target clearancing these pretty quickly when they see 'em sittin around to long.
I've always wanted the skiff, and the Salacc looks pretty damn cool, but I'll definately hold off this till clearance and if I don't get it then oh well not too big of a deal.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2008, 12:39 PM »

Last year's sets were pretty good values for the price - this year, not so much.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2008, 12:46 PM »
Yikes, a little higher than expected.  I really want the Sarlacc set, so barring not having the budget for it or something, I hope to pick it up.  I wasn't really all that interested in the Clone Wars pack to begin with, but I'll most definitely pass on it now.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2008, 02:53 PM »
I wonder if they will have a special sale at $49.99 on Black Friday as a Traffic Driver then raise them up to $62.99 afterwards....Who the hell comes up with $62.99 as a price point? I do not get this new oddball pricing structure. $59.99 or $64.99 pick one! (Maybe it's a Gen X thing.)

This really is a shame last years pack were great because the repacks were sweet for the most part. I am buying no matter what but I will only purchase the Sarlacc. I will pass on the CW.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Yeah the Hoth set last year enticed me due to the Snowtroopers, the turret, etc.  Hell I'd buy more of the turret if Hasbro sold them in a $20 vehicle assortment 2-pack or something.  Hell a 1-pack if it had a couple figures with it...  I love that piece since it's perfect scale and detailed.

The Sarlacc's cool, and I want a Sarlacc, but $63 is getting beyond what I consider a "deal", especially because I have no need for the skiff, nor the figures.

Had Hasbro kitbashed some aliens together, even if they weren't in the movie technically, I'd have been more interested in this.  If Han had articulated legs, that'd be nice and entice me a bit.  Same with Lando if they'd cobbled together some poseable legs...  But basically you get a vehicle you don't want if you already have it, and figures most of us surely have, and no army builders.

The Sarlacc is worth $63?  Eh...  No.  And that's the way I'm leaning now with this.  The Clone Wars Pack is far better IMO considering it's almost all army builders/repaints that people coudl use more of if they're into the animated stuff.  The Sarlacc's new and cool...  Wish I could buy just it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Yep, it's overpriced. 

But I'm passing on all the repacks, and am an advocate for any sort of decent looking playsets, so I'll get one at full price... a second if I see it on clearance.

Passing on the CW set.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2008, 06:25 PM »
I long ago decided that I was going to pass on this set completely, as not even last year's 50 dollar price point would have made me feel less than cheated.  One question/concern, however:  can anyone confirm the quality of the "base" portion of the Sarlaac?  I only ask because of the Halloween mask-quality base on the Lars Homestead set, and I'm worried that this may wind up being the same situation.