Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46133 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2008, 08:42 PM »
I don't think anyone has one yet, so that's a judegment call at this point.  Check out the pick on page 4 if that helps...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I'm gonna go on a limb, based on images, and say it's a cheap base...  I say this only because that kind of vacu-formed styrene has a distinct look to it, and this base seems to have that look...  I could be wrong, but I'm not thinking I am.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2008, 01:51 PM »
I will be picking this set up. Simply because I have always wanted a Sarlac, and the sceen would be really easy to recreate with the figures there and the few others that I have sitting in a box.

Now the question is, do I need a $125 Falcon more than this set? I can only display one due to size. Which one is more important to me.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2008, 04:25 PM »
I will be picking this set up. Simply because I have always wanted a Sarlac, and the sceen would be really easy to recreate with the figures there and the few others that I have sitting in a box.

Now the question is, do I need a $125 Falcon more than this set? I can only display one due to size. Which one is more important to me.

FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON! FALCON!
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2008, 04:59 PM »
I agree with JP.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2008, 08:48 PM »
I say Sarlaac but i am not a vehicle guy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2008, 11:17 PM »
I say Sarlaac but i am not a vehicle guy.

I'm in the same boat, and I'm going with the Falcon.  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Saw a spot cleared out and the shelf label set up for the UBP's while at Target the other day....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Someone on 'Scum found one already. They have a picture and everything.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Well, I opened mine last night.

The Sarlacc pit comes in three pieces.

The first piece is the maw of the creature. The "beak" from the Special Edition does come out, so if you are so inclined to not display it with the "beak", you're in luck. The "mouth" is made of a rubbery plastic and the tentacles are "bendy" (soft plastic around a wire frame)

The next piece is a hard-plastic mound. The mound is sand colored and basically goes around the entire "mouth" piece. At this point, the Sarlacc is doing pretty good. You could theoretically display it like this if you wanted, in fact, in 20-30 years, these two pieces will probably be all that remain.

The final piece is the big rectangle of sand and it's made of (surprise!) the same cheap flimsy plastic that was the base of the Lars Homestead. In fact, I'd almost go as far as to say that it's even flimsier than the Lars Homestead base. So yeah, Hasbro really cheaped out on this last piece.

The Skiff is the Skiff and the figures, with the exception of the Han and the Lando, all stink. So if you're buying it for the Sarlacc, just be aware that 1/3 of the thing is cheap plastic.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:24 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Sounds like a $63 bargain!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Or a $69.99 bargain, as Jayson reported at Yak this morning that one of his local buddies picked one up, but the price was higher at that store. 

Thanks for the review Pete_Fett... I guess the price on this set doesn't bother me so much as the lack of value we're getting... the Skiff is cool and all as a repack, and isn't exactly cheap to find, so that's great for those that don't have one (or two).  And the sarlacc monster seems good too, but that's where it ends for me.

Sounds like the base is a true disappointment, and I'm not surprised at all.  I guess I'll have to try and make my own "sand area", which I really don't want to have to do.  Does the Skiff stand on it easily, or does it tend to tip over?

The figures... Hasbro continues to screw us over... why not a reworked Nikto or Weequay?  Or a repack of a cool alien like Pote Snikin?

I'll still get it, but yeesh!  This one is gonna be painful.  At least I'm passing on the Clone Wars set.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2008, 01:07 PM »
That's actually two confirmed stores within 5 miles of each other that are pricing this at $70.  Ridiculous.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2008, 01:44 PM »
That's actually two confirmed stores within 5 miles of each other that are pricing this at $70.  Ridiculous.

Make that 3 Justin. I just visited another Target and it was $69.99 there as well. This must have been an overnight change in their system because that store had them entered (via DPCI check) at $62.99 yesterday.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Wow, that's a 40% price increase over last year!