Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46017 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #135 on: December 9, 2008, 05:45 PM »
My take on this:

Skiff = $20
Sarlaac pit = $15
Four poorly painted figs = $16

That's what, $51?

Seems more in line with what they did last year (though nothing will beat last year's sets IMO).

Seems Target kept it in line with their current price structure:
Skiff (BV)= $21
Sarlaac pit (BV)= $21
Five poorly painted figs (BP) = $21
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2008, 07:20 PM »
For a while it looks that the Sarlacc pit should be a bit bigger to eat the henchmen  :) the skiff has a nice paint job, but the action figures lack  a good painting. Always when HASBRO repacks, some details are supressed if they add a new one. For example Lando shows 2 brown bracelets but his shoulder armor looks very fade, nearly the same color of his shirt. If Hasbro is saving money in the cards of each separate action figure is unnecesary to omit painting details. This is why some characters never get a complete update (in paint job).

I agree that this BP is overpriced.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:22 PM by EpicGon »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2008, 02:00 PM »
I caved and bought this on clearance today for $54.99 (087-06-2070)  Still overpriced IMO, but I'm going to hold onto my receipt in hopes of finding another at 50%-75% off - just in case there's stock left after Target's clearance.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2008, 12:10 AM »
I had some gift cards so I decided to use them towards this thing.  I'd love to find one on clearance to cut into the price, but at least it only cost me $30 out of pocket. 

Like a few others have mentioned, I was pleasantly surprised with what a nice job they did on the pit itself. 

Of those crappy figures, the Weequay, Han, Lando, and Luke seem to be pretty different (in terms of paint) than the older releases, but Fett looks identical to one that I already have on my shelf (not sure which one it is at this point).  Does anyone know if there's anything I'm missing when I compare the two Fett's?  I'm now keeping goofy paint variations, so most of these are staying, but if the Fett is the same I won't need it.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:17 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I caved and bought this on clearance today for $54.99 (087-06-2070) 

Not clearance - it's a price cut.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2008, 03:03 PM »
I saw this thing last week and it was an easy pass.  What really bothered me about this pack was the crappy weapons.  What cheap ass plastic is Hasbro using for weapons these days?

The base with the sarlacc is cool and I wouldn't mind another skiff, but for what they're asking?  No thanks.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I caved and bought this on clearance today for $54.99 (087-06-2070) 

Not clearance - it's a price cut.

In that case Target owes me $8.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2008, 09:07 AM »
My wife got me one of these for Christmas, and I'm pretty happy to have it in the collection.  I haven't gotten a chance to open it yet (need to find room), but the pit and skiff look pretty coo.  The figures...not so much.  As a side note, it was at the $63 pricepoint when she picked it up (a few weeks ago), and its now price cut to $54 at our store too.  Can we take our receipt in to get the difference?  I thought I've read of people doing that before, but we've never done it ourselves.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I saw a few of these at Target for $54 over the weekend. Personally, I think the GI Joe bp is much better. 2 large vehicles, 1 small and seven figures for the same price.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Can we take our receipt in to get the difference?  I thought I've read of people doing that before, but we've never done it ourselves.

They should give you the difference without much hassel IF the reciept is less then 2 weeks old.  If the purchase was made more then 2 weeks ago, you won't be able to get a price adjustment without buying a new one at the $55 price and then returning it with the old $63 reciept.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2008, 10:09 AM »
Personally, I think the GI Joe bp is much better. 2 large vehicles, 1 small and seven figures for the same price.

No doubt. But then again, Hasbro owns the license for Gi-Joe.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2008, 01:42 PM »
The Joe set is a much better deal it seems, yet it's everywhere in my area while all the Sarlacc Pits are gone... lol.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2008, 03:28 PM »
The Joe set is a much better deal it seems, yet it's everywhere in my area while all the Sarlacc Pits are gone... lol.

Same thing in my neck of the woods (as are all the Joe jets) - but I haven't seen the CW BP since the second or third week of its release.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Yeah, I've seen much more of the Joe packs myself. I wonder if there were different production runs.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Yeah, I've seen much more of the Joe packs myself. I wonder if there were different production runs.

Had to have been. I never saw a Sarlacc or Christophsis pack in a store without requesting them. Target terribly mishandled them, never even supporting them with an ad, so I don't see the point. Wouldn't be surprised if these are the last two Ultimate Battle packs we see,m especially given how well the GI Joe ones have gone over.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise