Author Topic: Target Exclusive Battle Packs  (Read 12030 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Target Exclusive Battle Packs
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:22 AM »
Looks like this is what Target will have for the fall when the KotCS DVD comes out...

Target "Jungle Chase" KotCS Battle Pack

Includes even more repacks - Jacket Mutt, Spalko, Dovchenko, Skull Indy, Russian.  Again I say, "damn Hasbro and their relics for tricking me into buying these figures for $7 each already."  I knew I should have just waited for the eventual cheap repacks but I just couldn't wait...    >:(   :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Jungle Chase" KotCS Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 12:52 AM »
Well, I've only bought one of those figures, but to be completely honest, I don't want the rest all that badly.  I'd rather have the relics. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:45 AM »
Agreed...  Not much reason to buy those unless you don't have 'em already.  Easy pass there.  Hasbro's really gotta get their **** together with IJ to make it interesting enough to purchase.  By that point maybe they should pack all the later wave figures (TLC, etc.), since they're impossible to find now, into a battlepack.  That way you may see them somewhere. :)

I will say IJ really relies on his settings more than anything.  I'm shocked they aren't trying for something like that with battlepacks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Yeah, pass for me too, since I already bought all of those figures.  One thing I'm starting to take from this week/weekend's pictures though is it might be wise to start waiting for the multipacks in some of these lines.  It seems for Star Wars, GI Joe, DC Infinite Heroes, and now Indy it would be a fair amount of savings just waiting for these.  Of course, that's easier said than done sometimes (and you never know what's going to get put into a battle pack).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Again, I don't understand how they can hold the $20 PP for five figures when individually they retail for twice as much.

This is a bargain for newcomers or collectors looking to fill in holes.  I might just bite considering I only have the Indy.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I have the Indy and the Spalko, but Spalko was free from the TRU B2GO Free sale in May so I guess I'll take one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Target "Tank Showdown" TLC Battle Pack
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Good news is I can finally snag Indy's dad (come October) - bad news is he'll still be a bitch to find:

Again, five $8 figures for $19.99 (I still think the price will go up to $24.99 by the time these hit retail) is quite the bargain and I'm seriously thinking about picking up all three (Jungle Cutter, Streets of Cairo, and the one above) because of the value and the fact that I only have the KotCS Indy and two troops as of today.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:09 PM by Jeff »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Again, I don't understand how they can hold the $20 PP for five figures when individually they retail for twice as much.

This is a bargain for newcomers or collectors looking to fill in holes.  I might just bite considering I only have the Indy.

I know, my guess is Target's $8 price point is just a bit of gouging, but still, at $7, you're looking at $35 for this many figures.  It's fine with me to see battle packs like this though, as $20 is a great price for this and a great gift for a kid...  I probably will pass on this set though.  Might change my mind when I see it in person, but I kinda doubt it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Tank Showdown" TLC Battle Pack
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:35 PM »
I'll be all over this set... looks like the Indy is from one of the Deluxe sets, no?

I haven't seen a trace of Wave 3, and this has two figures from that wave, so that's nice to see.  Also more army builders is a plus... I'll most likely grab at least one of this set... even if I have found Henry and Vogel by then.  This is a great price for some nice figures.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 04:36 PM »
I may even buy all the battle packs just to keep boxed because they're so nice! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 01:02 AM »
I'll buy it if I can't find Henry by then. Of course I bet the Henry doesn't have any of the accessories. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 11:37 AM »
I'll buy it if I can't find Henry by then. Of course I bet the Henry doesn't have any of the accessories. ::)

This is what I'm afraid of with this set. It just seems like Hasbro made this too easy after packing Henry Sr. one-per-case, so they have to screw something up.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 08:31 PM »
It just goes to show. Just wait and figures are always re-released in cheaper battle packs.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 2, 2008, 08:31 AM »
You have to wonder - how long before they take four Crystal Skeletons and pack them together in a Battle Pack with an Indy figure?

What continues to amaze me is that Hasbro continues to show us how EASY and CHEAP packaging is to make.

I can't believe they suckered Target into carrying these.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 5, 2008, 11:46 PM »
I wonder if this will make it to retail. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!