Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55589 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2009, 12:01 PM »
looks like I'll be hunting for these tonight. Those who have deals with me for my extras, hopefully we'll be able to complete these deals soon, now that they are showing up in stores.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Thank JJ, this is definitely one of the coolest packs to come out in a while. I'm half tempted to set one up with a bunch of TIE Fighter Pilots as well.

Nice mini dioramma there Jay - I'm looking forward to popping one of these open!

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2009, 05:38 PM »
I picked one of these up today. The tech, sled, and the droid are fantastic. I'm really bummed that the pilot ended up on the Luke body and not the new comic pack version. He is too short, the joints on the Luke version are too square, and his neck isn't even painted. It's not a really bad figure or anything, but it is disappointing after the initial pictures we saw. And I don't want to army build the pilot at all because it is on the Luke body.

I think I'll still have to pick up a few more sets anyways for the tech and the sled. I might have to do the same as Jayson and pick one up for TIE Pilots and maybe give it an Imperial grey paint job. Overall this is probably the best battlepack that Hasbro has put out to date.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2009, 05:53 PM »
I've got something of an idea to use the pilots...  I'm aiming for some "youthful" guys as customs.  In the EU many pilots are young (16 to 18), and so they may have that shorter stature going.  The new ST figure's heads are all pretty youthful, so I figure they may combine.

I bought the last EU Rebel Pilots pack at WM last night, specifically to make a tall Red Leader figure...  I'll work with whatever I wind up with extra then, to make some shorter Luke-ish Rebel Pilots then.  I'm thinking though, that those ST heads will work nicely since they're all very young looking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Hasbro should do us all a favor and offer up an 8 pack of Yavin techs.  Wait until they battlepacks are all sold out or whatever, but I want at least 12 of these, I don't need 12 carts, and I definitely don't need 12 pilots or droids.

Saga Legends... deluxe with the cart only... mail-away... 8-pack, whatever.  Just please make these available in some other affordable format.

And the Evolutions TIE Pilot too while you're at it.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Hasbro should do us all a favor and offer up an 8 pack of Yavin techs.  Wait until they battlepacks are all sold out or whatever, but I want at least 12 of these, I don't need 12 carts, and I definitely don't need 12 pilots or droids.

Saga Legends... deluxe with the cart only... mail-away... 8-pack, whatever.  Just please make these available in some other affordable format.

Cosigned.
"This is the way."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2009, 01:16 AM »
I think I'll still have to pick up a few more sets anyways for the tech and the sled. I might have to do the same as Jayson and pick one up for TIE Pilots and maybe give it an Imperial grey paint job. Overall this is probably the best battlepack that Hasbro has put out to date.

FYI. Captain Needa's head fits on the Rebel ground crewman's body and the Death Star Trooper's helmet fits on the crewman's head too.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:30 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2009, 02:29 AM »
That gives me a boner for what kind of work they could do with an honest to goodness, GOOD quality Rebel Fleet Trooper...  That's one nice looking action figure on its own, and the Yavin Rebels are always going to be my favorites.  I must have many of this figure.

Looks like I'll be making a lot of "young" recruit pilots and R5 repaints.  :-\  The sleds rock too, so no problem on those being in some bulk.  They look like a pretty common piece of SW tech...  I could see them transporting slabs of carbonite, pilots, cargo...  Hell, ferrying men to the front in combat.  A camo deco perhaps... 

I wonder which other heads will make natural swaps?  Tycho's perhaps?  I've found his, the Yavin Ceremonial Guard, and the McQuarrie Rebel all had interchangeable heads.  There's a number of figures like that.  Actually I put Keyan Farlander's head onto a Snowspeeder Pilot body and it fit perfectly, making a Snowspeeder Keyan (he was supposedly at the battle of Hoth IIRC).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2009, 02:40 AM »
I wonder which other heads will make natural swaps?  Tycho's perhaps?

Tycho's head does fit on the crewman neck post. It's a little snug, but it snaps on there.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2009, 02:56 AM »
That's a good one that I have a number of...  That means the Rebel Honor Guard's head should also fit, and even has the rockin' sideburns.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2009, 10:15 AM »
That means the Rebel Honor Guard's head should also fit, and even has the rockin' sideburns.

It does. So does the human B-Wing Pilot's.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2009, 10:20 AM »

Man I here you about an 8-pack. I'd still buy 2-3 of the battle pack, but then 8 more of just the techs would fill my need just fine.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2009, 12:58 PM »
The cart is cool, and you do need a ton of Techs, but I need at least 4 of the R5's:  One for Red Leader's X-Wing, one for the Y-Wing it was in in the hangar, one for the bts shot of it on the Death Star, and one for my Darth Maul, cuz what other astro is he gonna use?  :D

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2009, 02:00 PM »
well, with those extra sets I'll be getting I'll have several extras as you know...

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2009, 02:06 PM »
well, with those extra sets I'll be getting I'll have several extras as you know...

I think I am already down for 2 of your extra R5's, let me know if you think you'll have more available.  :)