Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55416 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2009, 02:58 PM »
(JJ, being the RFT guru can they just slap on a new torso and call it a day here?)

No, not by a longshot...

The Techies are wearing basically a jumpsuit with small pockets...  Rebel Fleet Troopers are wearing heavy cargo/military pants with large pockets for carrying ammo/grenades/etc.  Fleet Troopers have pants tucked into boots as well, and they're in just a generally larger/baggier pant than what the techies are wearing (you don't want too baggy if you're crawling under things or into crawl spaces to work on stuff).  Also the techies have pockets on the lower leg, whereas the RFT's pockets are just hand pockets at the top, and then the large pocket on the side of each pantleg.  It's actually very different looking if you compare the two.

There WERE techs in pants with separate shirts...  Or there was one anyway.  He's the tech officer who was in communication with the pilots.  His uniform is completely different from a standard tech though.

So no, no vest swap and stuff...  It's not in the ballpark of accurate.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:00 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2009, 05:48 PM »
Hah, I just knew you'd be able to answer that. It's uncanny really...  :D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 1, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Ok - so I got my first opener yesterday and I opened it up this morning. What the HECK happened to the handle on the sled?!?!?!

At first I thought mine was broken so I went an looked at my MIB set and that one too has a short handle. If you look at the back of the box, the handle is supposed to be nice and long so the tech doesn't have to have his arm ridiculously bent back to "drive" the cart.

Is there a hidden piece somewhere that I didn't find? Or did Hasbro change the part post product photography?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 1, 2009, 10:09 AM »
It wouldn't be the first post photography change.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #184 on: May 1, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Is there a hidden piece somewhere that I didn't find? Or did Hasbro change the part post product photography?

No hidden part, it did not past safety or the drop test. The model on the back is a frail paint master/sales sample just for photography which is done months before actual production begins. So that is never a real gauge of the toy. (Hence the actual product my vary jive). Packaging is done before the product is made, all of those cardboard boxes need to be printed, shipped and waiting at the factories before the production so the product is ready to be boxed during manufacturing. As the toy gets to the end of development they go evaluations especially before tooling begins, then they go through rigorious testing and changes to assure quality/safety is made every step of the way. Little changes like the handle happen all the time. If that fell from a high place or was stepped on it would easily break. Shortening it made it more durable & compact making it stronger which would pass the QA test. To mold it in a softer PVC plastic would be too expensive so they had to keep the molding in ABS plastic which tends to be more brittle but less expensive. Thus the change/compromise of shortening the handle happens in order to keep the age grading it is. Those age grades on a box are there for a reason and to fit in a certain age grade there is a level of criteria that must be met per age grade. The lower you go the more intense.

After 9 years of Toy Design I been through it a thousand times. There are reasons to the little details that some question as to why didn't they do that. It all comes down to cost/safety and most times not the desire to lose accuracy. (Sometimes there are lazy ass designers that take shortcuts because it's easier to do so, you just got to know what to look for to spot this.)
« Last Edit: May 1, 2009, 05:26 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: May 2, 2009, 01:55 AM »
Hah, I just knew you'd be able to answer that. It's uncanny really...  :D

It's a blessing and a curse, what can I say?   :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 2, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Everyone can relax now. I'm done picking these things up. You should be able to find them on the shelfs now.

Out of everything I picked up, I've been able to get rid of everything I didn't want save for 1 pilot and 2 sleds.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #187 on: May 2, 2009, 11:41 AM »
I've only found the one, but I may buy another, to have a sled for my Hoth shelf.  We'll see.  I just nabbed a Regal Jawa from '78, and my dollars seem to be going more and more toward vintage.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 2, 2009, 04:37 PM »
This set seems to be more scarce than the Jabba pack.  I did a toy run a few days ago and found a few of the Jabba packs but only one Yavin battle pack.  Is the mini-rig that big of a draw?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 2, 2009, 04:48 PM »
This set seems to be more scarce than the Jabba pack.  I did a toy run a few days ago and found a few of the Jabba packs but only one Yavin battle pack.  Is the mini-rig that big of a draw?

I do think the Yavin set is more of a draw, but more so than that is the fact there are two Jabbas and only one Yavin per box (and one ATTE Squad).
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 4, 2009, 09:21 AM »
I saw another one of these at Target this weekend, so I picked it up.  There were two Jabba sets on the shelf there as well.  Of these packs, it seemed like the AT-TE squad was the first to sell around here, followed by the Yavin pack.  It does seem like the battle packs sell pretty well in general around here though, I rarely see them sitting for too terribly long.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 4, 2009, 01:16 PM »
I STILL can't find this set.

I've got several deals pending to sell my extras to others and I haven't found a single one yet.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 4, 2009, 09:41 PM »
pm sent anton
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 5, 2009, 01:34 AM »
I am kind of surprised I have not found this set yet.  I am not in panic mode yet but was wanting to find a couple to buy. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 5, 2009, 10:14 AM »
People on 'scum have reported finding these at WM.