Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55426 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack
« Reply #210 on: May 7, 2009, 05:21 PM »
I like Keonobies idea...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 8, 2009, 09:17 AM »
I like Keonobies idea...  :)

Agreed. It would be nice to give them a taste of their own medicine.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 8, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Would this by chance be targetted at the Pawtucket RI area?  That way when anyone who works at Hasbro goes into a local WM they would find 60,000 Yarnas.

That would be hilarious!  That might just be worth a road trip this Summer...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 8, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Would this by chance be targetted at the Pawtucket RI area?  That way when anyone who works at Hasbro goes into a local WM they would find 60,000 Yarnas.

I'd be game, Justin, if you need someone to haul them into the store.  ;D (Oh, and you get on me about the quotes function  ;) )
« Last Edit: May 8, 2009, 10:40 AM by Darth Vlad »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 8, 2009, 11:03 AM »

I'd be game, Justin, if you need someone to haul them into the store.  ;D (Oh, and you get on me about the quotes function  ;) )

I'll just note that you had to edit yours... ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 8, 2009, 12:43 PM »

I'll just note that you had to edit yours... ;)
Not for the quotes, though.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: May 9, 2009, 03:22 AM »
I finally got one set tonight...  It's outstanding.  It's worth every red cent.  It's maybe Hasbro's best work in a single item IMO. 

I'm definitely down for a handful of these sets, if I can find them.  I'd like 4 or 5 if I can manage it.  Love the sled.  It's an outstandingly well sculpted and put together piece itself.  The figures are good, but Red Leader is pure shite because of the body used.  Valid reasoning for that from Hasbro, and I think I can find the figure useful now, but the shortness just really does suck.

What really sucks is that it's taken this long to get a normal height, SA X-Wing pilot...  And that it wasn't widely available to use for pilots, when they come up.  That's kind of crappy unto itself when you think about it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 9, 2009, 10:20 AM »

What really sucks is that it's taken this long to get a normal height, SA X-Wing pilot...  And that it wasn't widely available to use for pilots, when they come up.  That's kind of crappy unto itself when you think about it.

I agree, but I'm under the impression that the normal height body will be used from here on out. Wedge, will use it, Corran will use it and Red 4 (the EVO pilot) will use it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2009, 05:21 PM »
It seems that way...  at least I hope so Anton.  Though now I look back and Biggs is using a larger body, Red Leader's using a smaller one...  Some of the more important (yet secondary) rebel pilots probably aren't likely to get that new sculpt right away.  That's a little bummer.  I can deal with Gold Leader as he is, but it'd be nice to get Biggs redone with the new sculpt only because he wasn't tall particularly, and an articulated figure of him would be nice. 

Still, lots of pilots to be done.  I really wish we'd get a simple, generic, powder blue emblem, clean helmet, "young", black lensed pilot at some point.  They were the most common in the hangar and we've yet to get one.

Then it would be neat to get Dak for a sorta Snowspeeder version of the same character, more or less.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2009, 08:43 PM »
I was looking at some Yavin reference pictures today and it looks like there may have been multiple droids that had the same paint job as Red Leader's astromech. There is one in the Yavin briefing (which very well could have been his) but there's also one in a Y-Wing.

I guess I don't mind if I get stuck with a few extra droids. A few extras wouldn't look bad in a Yavin diorama.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2009, 09:42 PM »
I'm a big "I can bull**** anything" fan, as far as droids go.  Droids are like cars...  How many aqua 1996-ish Chevy Cavaliers have you seen in your life?  And that's on one friggin' planet.  You know damn well there's paintjobs on droids that are all over the place.  That R5 might be the pimp droid everyone wanted because of the nifty paintjob, and thus many exist.  Anything is possible.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Is that the first instance in history where a 1996 Aqua Chevy Cavalier was equated with being "Pimp"?   :o

I do agree with Jesse, that the names of droids simply indicate their model, of which there are thousands or millions of individual examples.  Maybe that is an idea for Seth Green and the guys at Robot Chicken, to have Luke call R2 and have 5 or 6 respond to his call.

If you want to EU the idea, you can assume the Rebels stole a shipment of a couple dozen identical R5s and distributed them as needed, this one to a Y-Wing, that one to an X-Wing, that one to a tactical officer, etc.
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2009, 01:47 PM »
I finally saw another of these packs today.  I was tempted, but eventually passed on picking up another.  I really like the set overall, but I didn't see the value in getting another of the R5 and Red Leader.  And I've never been one to cherry pick parts of a battle pack and then sell off the figures I didn't want.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2009, 11:32 PM »
I finally got one today and it's great!  The cart is awesome, the Tech figure is cool, the Droid's cool and the Pilot's not so bad....although he does kinda look like Bob's Big Boy.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Now that I have my fill, these aren't too hard to find around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."