Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55405 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 09:46 PM »
The return of the mini-rig?  Cool. 

Who didn't like mini-rigs?

;)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 12:58 AM »
I'm easily picking up at least 3 of these...  Hands down this is the best battlepack Hasbro ever made, and it's 100% geared towards collectors.  Well done to them...  All figures/pieces I've wanted to see done this way for years now.  If I'm lucky, I may get more even.  This is quality stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 01:52 AM »
This looks very well executed overall.  Great choice for the pilot, first of all.  And the accompanying astromech shows that some thought went into this.  The hanger tech looks solid, and even with this photo it looks pretty well articulated.  The hangar transport is easily one of the best battle pack accessories we've gotten.  I think it might even be a bit better than the Senate pod.

I like this set so much that I'd love to see a second version.  Maybe with a lineup like this:

-Y-Wing pilot with blue helmet markings
-astromech
-Commander Willard
-Hangar tech with directional wands
-Y-Wing ladder & X-Wing ladder
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 02:03 AM »
Ladders that would fit the existing ships is an kick ass idea.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 10:18 AM »
I'd take a figure or two out of that second BP idea and replace with a vehicle maintenance energizer (similar to the vintage version) which was an actual movie prop.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 12:39 PM »
What a pleasant surprise. Love the set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 12:20 AM »
The return of the mini-rig?  Cool. 

Not sure if this has been addressed, but they mentioned that this seem to be the path of the new battlepacks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 08:44 AM »
oooh... very cool.  What a nice little surprise to find out we are getting the Sled and great new versions of Red Leader and his droid.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 12:40 PM »
And also, throw on a jacket onto that ground crew guy, and you effectively have a decent Rebel Fleet Trooper... at least good enough for my interests.

What the hell, they are not even remotely close...way different helmets as well as the different colors

I suppose before you jumped down my throat, you didn't read my comment, "at least good enough for my interests."   ???

Regardless, great set.  Glad to be getting the sled.  It's amazing how many little custom sort of things like that people have made are finally getting produced by Hasbro.  Maybe we'll see the Echo Base sled later on down the road.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 01:09 PM »
And also, throw on a jacket onto that ground crew guy, and you effectively have a decent Rebel Fleet Trooper... at least good enough for my interests.

What the hell, they are not even remotely close...way different helmets as well as the different colors

I suppose before you jumped down my throat, you didn't read my comment, "at least good enough for my interests."   ???

Regardless, great set.  Glad to be getting the sled.  It's amazing how many little custom sort of things like that people have made are finally getting produced by Hasbro.  Maybe we'll see the Echo Base sled later on down the road.
Oh I read it, but I stand by my WTH...they are not even close to the same, why wouldn't you want a new RFT instead?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Yeah...  I gotta go with Scott on this one...  It's not even in the ballpark of accurate, so I'd not be content with just "throwing on a vest" to make a Rebel Fleet Trooper out of that figure.  Just because it has the helmet doesn't make it accurate...  Why not just throw the helmet on the Death Star Trooper then, ya know?  His shirt's closer. 

I'd love to see the tech re-released on a card though to army build, but Fleet Troopers wear buttoned shirts, baggy pants with large pockets (cargo pants), boots w/the pants tucked into them, and technically the technician should have a helmet WITHOUT the neck guard extension.  All techs had the more rounded helmet that's more natural to the original piece it was created from (naval flak helmet made to cover earphones, etc.).  So technically the helmet may not be 100% on for the tech, but that I can live with if they get the re-used RFT helmet.

Add in the fact he needs a military style holster that hangs off his hip, the shirt has a collar, and folds over his right chest where it buttons, and all that stuff...  It's really not accurate to a RFT at all. 

Hasbro just needs to get going with the RFT resculpt and done right.  It's an army builder, so why skimp?  Even the Yavin Guard seemed to do well at retail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I think they're pretty similar designs... they both are in bland attire, are rebels of the same film, and have similar helmets.  Obviously different, but similar in many ways too.  Kind of like comparing X-Wing pilots to Snowspeeder pilots. 

I didn't say that I wouldn't rather have a Rebel Fleet Trooper in the line though...  and we all know that one's coming anyway at some point.  This suits my needs for now, and is great variety for the Rebel ranks.

If you are saying that at proper Rebel Fleet Trooper should have been in this set instead, I'm afraid that I'd have to disagree.  Imagine if Hasbro were to include a proper Rebel Fleet Trooper in this set instead, and it was the only way it was available.  There would be many aggravated collectors, as they'd have to fork over $20 just to army build one at a time.

With this Battle Pack, you get a figure that works perfect for the sled that comes with it.  A proper Fleet Trooper in this set instead of the crewman would not jive.

I'm all for a new Rebel Fleet Trooper just a much as anyone else though.  It's at the top of my OT wishlist.  I think an Evolutions set might work out well for it, as long as it came with a couple other good army builders... but, a single carded figure would probably be the best way to bring it out I suppose.

We both want the figure to be made, no sense arguing that point.  And hopefully we'll get a pleasant surprise with a well done Rebel soon. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I like this set so much that I'd love to see a second version.  Maybe with a lineup like this:

-Y-Wing pilot with blue helmet markings
-astromech
-Commander Willard
-Hangar tech with directional wands
-Y-Wing ladder & X-Wing ladder

I agree.  They should have this be a running change, or have multiple versions come out at the same time like the Rebel Pilots 1 and 2 Evo sets.  I would like a couple of hangar techs and hangar shuttles, but would like some different pilots and droids instead of buying multiples of the exact same set.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 05:05 PM »
Wow.  :o So this must be what it's like when Hasbro actually applies themselves to the battle pack format. I like it. :)

I will buy several of these. And yes, I will put a few vests on some of the ground crew guys. It's worth a try, and will work for me until we get a new RFT. (Or was this Hasbro's plan when they made this guy? :-X)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 05:57 PM »