Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55563 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2009, 03:10 PM »
I just opened my set over lunch and I have to say that my initial giddiness was well founded.  I hope this thing shelf warms like hell becuase I might every single one I see.  By far the coolest item of the year IMO.  The detail on the cart is exquisite.  Here's to hoping the Asian backdoor sellers can get a pile of the Hanger Techs ;)

The only downer as many have already mentioned is the Red Leader using Luke's body.  It is an easy switch to the bigger body though so no big whoop
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:11 PM by Scott »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I picked up two more sets and am going to get rid of everything except the Rebel Techs. I'm going to wait to see if I can pick up any more sets before formally offer them so I don't have to offer everything piece-meal.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:26 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Found this at Target today. This is ******* the best battle pack ever released by a trillion miles. The only negative is the Red Leader because of the damn Luke body, but as a filler item it's okay. The astro droid's paint scheme is awesome. I'm glad they keep repainting the **** out of that R5 mold since it really is a nice figure. And now for the stars of this set; the tech and the sled are probably the best Rebel category items Hasbro's made (that's right - the tech easily beats the new Hoth Trooper). Like Jesse said, the tech really makes me excited about what they can do with a new RFT. :)

I'll probably buy one more of this set if I see it again and keep the tech and sled. So if anyone wants just the astro droid and/or Red Leader, LMK and we can work something out.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2009, 06:26 PM »
I've got one extra droid and one extra pilot - $12 shipped if anyone is still looking.

EDIT:  They're gone - but I'll probably have more eventually...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:52 PM by Rob »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Rob...if you find another set.. keep me in mind..

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2009, 10:45 PM »
How so?  For the extra droids, pilots, and carts?   :-*

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2009, 09:50 AM »
Pretty much echoing what others have already said.  I found this pack at Target over the weekend, and it really is nice.  Like Scott said, the detail on the cart itself is really well done.  The smaller body for Red Leader is a little disappointing, but really the only drawback of the set in general.  I really like the R5-K6 figure, and the ground crewman is a nice figure as well.  I hope I'm able to pick up a few more of these as well.  Like others have said, one of the best sets Hasbro has released - I hope it keeps shipping for awhile now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2009, 10:17 AM »
I picked up another set and have put everything but the Tech up for sale in the classifieds.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2009, 11:54 AM »
I'm up to four so far, and have managed to sell all the extra parts already.  I'm shocked at how well this is going.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Still haven't found one, but I love how quickly it's selling!  Surely that will make it back to Hasbro, that a quality new pack sells better than repacks, and to collectors, no less!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2009, 07:00 PM »
Picked up one this morning (my first) - I hope I'm able to easily acquire another two to open. This is a great pack.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2009, 09:54 PM »
This must be the first OT BP set that fans are clamoring for.  Congrats Hasbro - even though we're still missing something from this overpriced set.  You seem to rock 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2009, 11:23 PM »
I found this today.  This is hands down the best OT BP that they've done.  I would have been stoked for the droid alone, but the Yavin Tech and the sled are great additions to the line.  They should reissue this with a different droid and pilot, and sell even more.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Just picked this set up this evening at Target ($22.99 pre-tax. $25.30 after tax) and even though the Battle Packs have gone up in cost, this set prices out just nicely. 3 figures + a mini rig at today's prices bought individually would have been at least $34+ pre-tax,  so the cost is just right. As is the set, it's the best Battle Pack ever in my opinion, the details on all the figures are high quality (sans Red Leader's short stature) especially the paint job on the R5, that's actually quite outstanding. And the Ryan Stiles figure looks to be a great base for future figures such as AT-ST Drivers, Imperial Techs, perhaps Rebel Fleet Troopers (JJ, being the RFT guru can they just slap on a new torso and call it a day here?). And the mini-rig cart is a fun toy, it doesn't look like much but its a well done piece. The only thing I'm left scratching my head about is the control handle on the cart. The packaging shows that its a longer piece and after checking Yakface's photoshoot of the set it appears they did shorten up the handle. I thought perhaps there was an add-on piece to extend it but no such piece found in the box. Did I miss it or was this just cut out? It does make the tech's positioning a bit off but nothing too horrible. I'm looking forward to picking up another of these sets down the road.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Crazy me picked up my last pack and I've already committed to sell just about everything I don't want.