Author Topic: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?  (Read 49456 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2008, 01:24 PM »
I'm contemplating getting another AT-TE... but I also want a new digital camera, as well as I want to buy a Schleich Castle and customize it... can't decide on what to do.  The camera is probably what I'll end up doing.

Regarding a Turbo Tank, it would be nice to see it have a remote control feature.  I don't think that's out of the question since the AT-TE and Falcon are both electronic... and that's a good point Nicklab, there's a lot of room for them to fit in the drive systems for it.

If they do release the Turbo Tank and it's around the size of the AT-TE, I will be very pleased.  Though I know that's way out of scale, I don't mind...

I just hope that we get a Sail Barge before it's all said and done.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 01:41 PM »
I just hope that we get a Sail Barge before it's all said and done.

I have concluded that this is the only large scale vehicle i would buy.

As for the Falcon and AT-TE, i see the falcon everywhere but have seen the AT-TE consistantly at 1 TRU. It seems to be the better seller.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2008, 01:48 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if the AT-TE sells better for the two obvious reasons - the lower price and because of the Army Builders.  It's crazy, but there are people out there buying multiple AT-TEs, whereas I don't hear about too many people army building the Falcon.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I want a 2nd AT-TE actually but don't wanna plunk the cash down.  I've yet to get a first Falcon...  No justifiable space for it, but a second AT-TE I would force somewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2008, 08:54 AM »
I totally agree with you Jeff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2008, 01:20 PM »
I still think an AT-AT more properly scaled would be the best big vehicle option.  Not to sound like Hasbro, but it has a much more aggressive play option than would a sail barge.  It's funny because I think a sail barge needs to be close to scale to be effective, but an AT-AT can be underscaled and still work (and it would be a lot easier to package).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2008, 02:31 PM »
I still think an AT-AT more properly scaled would be the best big vehicle option.  Not to sound like Hasbro, but it has a much more aggressive play option than would a sail barge.  It's funny because I think a sail barge needs to be close to scale to be effective, but an AT-AT can be underscaled and still work (and it would be a lot easier to package).

Not to mention it's also completely ******* awesome. ;)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I want a 2nd AT-TE actually but don't wanna plunk the cash down.  I've yet to get a first Falcon...  No justifiable space for it, but a second AT-TE I would force somewhere.

Dude...that could be rather uncomfortable. 
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2008, 09:08 AM »

Not to mention it's also completely ******* awesome. ;)

Yeah, I just can't say no to better Imperial stuff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2008, 12:23 PM »
Absolutely!  I mean, I'm not resistant to a Sail Barge, but I guess since I made one as a partial diorama and partial vehicle, I'm biased.  But a close-to-scale AT-AT would be tougher to scratch-build, and it just seems like a better contender for Hasbro development dollars.  (And again, they would be hard-pressed to be able to make a barge fit in a box properly.)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline TerdVader

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 5, 2008, 10:45 PM »
It's not that I don't think a new AT-AT doesn't have it's merits. BUt I really feel it's an FU to the fans that shelled out 100 for the Endor version not too awful long ago. Even after the excitement of POTF2 wore off and I was out again, I remember seeing this repacked behemoth at a TRU sometime during it's initial neoclassic run. I couldn't believe they wanted 74.99 for it. And to this day I don't think it's worth that. Then again in 06, as an avid collector, I made this the 1st vehicle I passed on after dropping my jaw at the 89.99 then 99.99 price tag. Anyways, I feel like I was smart by doing so. Eventually I'd find one from 97 in a comic shop for $20 and snag it as mine, but many collectors did shell out that money at TRU and I've seen pic of some collections that have 2 and up to 10 of these monsters. If I had that invested, the last thing I'd want to see is Hasbro up the ante on this. Which again, isn't saying they shouldn't, but it's just disheartening to know that any vehicle is game, and my old "enter vehicle name here" might not be the cool one available. God knows what I'd do if they ever scaled the Republic Gunship, I've got 4 of those! (j/k, I'm perfectly fine with my stuff)

To partake in the other aspect of the conversation, I don't have the BMF since I'm okay with the one I have, and I got an ATTE at midnight madness, I may pick up a second in that battlepack that comes with a **** load of figures for the same price. ( if it's the same price)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 11:09 AM »
I'm curious to see how these will end up selling through the holidays.  It seems like many (maybe the majority) of people here seem to be seeing both of these (depending on area) sitting at most of their local stores.  I could grab either one locally as well, with the Falcon sitting at both Target and WM, and the AT-TE primarily at Target (and occasionally TRU and WM).  They do seem to be selling, as I see the stock go down little by little.  It also seems like these are starting to get discounted already, which might be more to do with holiday savings/economy than them being poor sellers.  Our Target currently has the BMF on sale for $127, and I see that HTS and other online retailers have dropped their prices a bit on these as well.  There is word of discounts on the AT-TE as well.

Its kind of a tough year for these, with the economy what it is, and with both being out at the same time.  I know we have discussed that before, staggering out the "large vehicle" releases a bit, and I'm wondering if that would help them or not.  That being said, it will be interesting to see how these things sell in the next month to month and a half.  Personally, I hope they do well, as I'd like to see more.  I know that a lot of people here don't even collect the vehicles, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more OT vehicles get the BMF treatment (1 a year is plenty for me personally) - and I know there is a big following for more of the PT/CW vehicles as well.  We'll know more in a couple months probably, but what do you think is the "top dollar" for something like this at retail?  Is it $100?  Does it depend on the ship/vehicle?  Should Hasbro stick to one "BMF" vehicle each year?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Picking up my Falcon from a friend who no longer wants his tonight!   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2008, 02:31 PM »
Lately, I've seen more AT-TE's than BMF's. A run last night to the local big 3 (TRU, WM, and Target) found that WM had 3-4 AT-TE's and no BMF's, Target had 2 of each, while TRU had a whopping 2 dozen AT-TE's on a top shelf and 2-3 BMF's. Besides the irregular amount of AT-TE's at TRU, I've been seeing definitely more of the walkers than the Falcons in Chicagoland as of late.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 1, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I don't know if this is just a local thing or not, but the "Black Friday" weekend really did wonders for these vehicles around here.  We were out shopping throughout the weekend, and visited all of the "big 3", and both the Falcon and AT-TE were sold out at Target and WM, and were getting close at TRU when we were there.  Nice to see these selling well, hopefully it will continue.  Star Wars in general seemed to be selling like crazy, particularly the basic figures and vehicles.