Author Topic: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?  (Read 49439 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?
« Reply #75 on: December 2, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Yeah, as I guess, there seem to be a slight uptick in sales on the bad boys. Hopefully it'll be enough to get additional big items next year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 2, 2008, 09:39 AM »
I should have picked up the Falcon last week when it was $119 at Walmart.com (with $.97 shipping).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 3, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I think Target has the BMF on sale for $139.99 this week.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 3, 2008, 02:04 PM »
I got the MF,Gunship & AT-TE...

I would love to have one more Gunship for custom paint, and one or 2 more AT-TE.

I would like a AT-TE like the handbook, I guess Hot Toy's company can make one...but....uhjjjj...$$$$$$  ;Dl

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1303/690704292_a160e19ff1_b.jpg

« Last Edit: December 3, 2008, 02:49 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2008, 09:08 PM »
I haven't noticed these vehicles around lately.  Guess the ones predicting this would be a big Christmas seller were right on.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Yeah, I was waiting to buy an At-Te as a reward for finishing my Grad School semester, but I don't see them anywhere.   At least by the time I find one, it should have the newer legs.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008, 10:27 PM »
TE's went for $75 and stuff.  I got one for that, shipped free, from Hasbro...  Outstanding!  The Falcon's are all I see now, though I did see $99 Falcons at WM tonight.  I was SO tempted to buy.   :'( 

AT-TE's are all pretty much gone here around Pittsburgh though.  WM occassionally has one or maybe two.  They have lots of Falcons though...  Anywhere from 3 at the least, to 10 or so, usually stocked outside the toy area.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Hmmm, in my area. at least on  4 Target stores has one or two AT-TE, but still at retail price, all Walmarts I go at least has more than 2...
TRU's has way more than that...

I would love to have one of these AT-TE with the new legs...if I get one, I will return my  bad AT-TE legs with the recip' of the newone lol!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2008, 01:50 AM »
I was at an out-of-town WM and I found the BMF for $99, and I almost sprung for it. But, I only have so much for gifts, and that was a little too big of a gift for myself. That and I really have no room, whatsoever.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2008, 02:39 AM »
TE's went for $75 and stuff.  I got one for that, shipped free, from Hasbro...  Outstanding!  The Falcon's are all I see now, though I did see $99 Falcons at WM tonight.  I was SO tempted to buy.   :'( 

AT-TE's are all pretty much gone here around Pittsburgh though.  WM occassionally has one or maybe two.  They have lots of Falcons though...  Anywhere from 3 at the least, to 10 or so, usually stocked outside the toy area.

That's odd, since I think the BMF is the better vehicle.  (Of course this opinion is from soneone who does not own an AT-TE yet.)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14 AM »
As I wander into stores during the season, I'm always seeing people pick up one or the other of these as gifts. Hope this bodes well for new ships next year.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2009, 02:57 PM »
I guess this year this technically just goes for Clone Wars, but the topic in general is still valid.  With the big "Turbo Tank" out this year, how many are buying (or have bought) it?  I know I've seen it several times around town (at Target and TRU so far), and it seems like a couple have sold but there is always at least one on the shelf.  I don't know if that's a good indicator or not, because we saw the AT-TEs and Falcons sit to some extent last year as well (depending on the area I guess - and both have made a comeback at our local TRU now).

The excitement level for the Turbo Tank doesn't seem quite as high as it was for last year's ships, although I think the reviews so far have been pretty positive from a "fun toy" standpoint.  I personally haven't picked one up, but may later depending on budget (or if a really spiffy deal comes along sometime next year - I didn't have the money at the time of the Target.com deal).  It seems like the "1 per year" big vehicle model is something that Hasbro would like to continue for the Star Wars brand, and I like it as well.  It is sort of nice having that big "holiday" toy out there, sort of like the vintage line had a few "big items" throughout its run as well.  I remember things like the Falcon, AT-AT, and Death Star being on a lot of Christmas lists when I was a kid.

Going into next year, there seems to be a lot of rumors of an all-new Slave 1.  That would make sense.  I think Adam mentioned it over at GH this week, but there are obviously Mandos in CW this season, hints at Boba Fett appearing in both the animated and live action series, and it is the 30th Anniversary of ESB.  Plus, they really could add in some spiffy stuff to an all-new, larger Slave 1.  The other choice would probably be an AT-AT (if we're staying with the ESB anniversary theme).  I'm not sure what other CW vehicles would be good candidates right now (with Hasbro apparently a little more wary about the Seperatist side of things), so unless we see something new in the animation it might be time for an OT offering again.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 1, 2009, 03:29 PM »
BMF Falcon - no, boring.  Sick of main characters, main ships.

AT-TE - YES.  Love it.

Turbo Tank - Would have, but the scale is soooo bad that it just looks awful.

Corporate Alliance Tank Droids (I know, not so big) - BRING THEM ON!!!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 1, 2009, 06:53 PM »
BMF-Yes

ATTE -Yes

Turbo Tank-Yes

And keep in mind I don't even like Clone Wars stuff.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 1, 2009, 08:12 PM »
BMF-Yes

ATTE -Yes

Turbo Tank-Yes

And keep in mind I don't even like Clone Wars stuff.

I'm glad my yearly dues to this web site are being well spent.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours