Author Topic: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?  (Read 49447 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 03:53 PM »
I stopped by Target today and they had one each of the Falcon (endcap) and the AT-TE (aisle).  I'm not sure if they are the same ones, or if there is restocking though.  Between here and Wal-Mart though, the AT-TE seems to be selling fairly regularly so far, and the Falcon its tougher to say.  Like others have said, it might be more of a "holiday time" type of thing.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 10:02 PM »
I bought the AT-TE at TRU because I just couldn't wait any longer and it came with the free Holo Grievous figure.  Still haven't even seen a Falcon at retail.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13 AM »
I went to a local target today and they had the AT-TE but no BMF Falcons.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 12:42 AM »
From what I've seen so far:

Target - No Falcons, 2 AT-TE's

Wal-Mart - "Centerpiece" similar to the Indiana Jones ones from May with Falcons and AT-TE's, there are more Falcons than AT-TE's

TRU - 1 Falcon, 3 AT-TE's

Also, WM is the only store that I've seen give equal space to both big vehicles. Target only has price tags for the AT-TE, and TRU looks to have enough room for about 2-3 Falcons and 4-6 AT-TE's.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I've seen lots of each and Target and TRU. Certainly no shortage. Haven't been in WM, KB or K-Mart in a while.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I just opened my BMF last night, all I can say is WOW. My only complaint is the landing gear feet fall off easily. I have yet to open my AT-TE which I plan on tonight.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 1, 2008, 10:44 AM »
I was just going through this thread and counting things up, and just here at JD alone (or in those who have replied) I counted up 14 each of the Falcon and AT-TE that have sold.  That's 28 vehicles of $100 or more, so I'd say - at least according to our small "focus group" - that things are selling pretty good.  We'll see how they do overall though.  Also, just looking through the replies here again, it seems like the majority of people who have only grabbed one or the other (like me), intend/hope to get the other one later on.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 1, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Oh I am definitely buying both, but I'm holding out a few more weeks in hope for a sale.  Plus I'm collecting two other lines at the same time so I have to balance things out.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 1, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I too got both and have only opened the BMF.  Should be getting around to the ATTE this weekend!
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 1, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Oh I am definitely buying both, but I'm holding out a few more weeks in hope for a sale.  Plus I'm collecting two other lines at the same time so I have to balance things out.   :-\

KMart is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all SW toys!

I'm going to get extra AT-TEs tonight! SO you'd get 3 at $200. That's only $66.67 each before taxes. A STEAL, IMO for the AT-TE.

Oh and this SALE ENDS TOMORROW!!!

So go get them NOW! You're unlikely to find a better sale on these in the future. Now is your chance to get them on sale while they are still fresh and NEW!

-Sal
« Last Edit: August 1, 2008, 05:27 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 1, 2008, 05:39 PM »
KMart is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all SW toys!

Ya, we're aware of that, but the Mart that is K isn't stocking the AT-TE or the Falcon in MN.   :-\

Great deal though - only if they don't mark up those two items like they do with everything else in their stores, but I think you'd still be ahead.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 2, 2008, 10:13 PM »
I've picked up two AT-TEs (one to open and one to keep MIB) and one BMF (haven't opened it, but when I find one in better packaging, this one will be my opener).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 2, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Both Target and TRU in Tonka have the Falcon now, but I've been able to hold off.  Hoping the go on sale in a month or two.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 3, 2008, 03:12 AM »
Picked up the Falcon last night.  Very impressive!  It was hard to resist it for even a week. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 3, 2008, 09:25 AM »
I grabbed both the AT-TE and BMF on the 26th, and it was like Christmas in July (literally) around my place that afternoon.  Both of them are without a doubt the best ships Hasbro/Kenner has EVER produced for the SW line since its inception.  I opened/assembled the AT-TE first and was in awe, and then opened the BMF and was even more in awe. 

Around my area, the distribution has been extremely weird.  One Wal-Mart hasn't sold very many of either, while Target never even got the BMF to sell, and TRU is selling more AT-TEs than BMFs, although the BMFs aren't selling badly by any stretch of the imagination.  I think that overall both of these are going to be huge successes.