Author Topic: Legacy/Clone Wars Rarities?  (Read 7635 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Legacy/Clone Wars Rarities?
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Of what was "supposed" to be out, was there anything you didn't see this weekend?  For me personally, there was a few things I either missed or we didn't get at all in our area yet:

TLC Wave 2 SaeSee Tiin, Padme, and Tessek/Quarren Soldier
TLC Battle Pack - Hoth Speeder Bike Pack
TLC Evolutions - Rebel Pilots 2, Imperial Pilots
TCW TRU Exclusive Holo Grievous

There are some other things we weren't sure about (WM A-Wing, etc.) that I didn't see either, but those might be on the way later.  I will say, I don't think Target got the later Evolution sets because they had a ton on an endcap at our store, and all there was were Fett and Padme sets.  They also didn't have any TLC Wave 2.  I only saw the Battle Packs at Wal-Mart, but they had the Clone Wars bike set and the Hoth Recon set.  Wal-Mart didn't have any Evolution sets out.  TRU didn't seem to have a ton of basic figures stocked, especially for making such a big deal of being the "exclusive" location for MM.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 7/26 - Anything You Didn't Find?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:04 AM »
TCW holo GreviousEvo-sith,Rebel v2, Imp pilots, Padme
TLC wave 2
all the GH found wave 1
not a single BP
no B-wing

In all Hasbro Canada completly forgot about us. I went to a bunch of stores and only two places had new stuff. Although one of those stores only had 1 box of Legacy wave 1 out...the only Legacy figures I have seen. TRU was good with all the vehicles and had a ton of product but again no Legacy, Gh or anything else I listed above. However they did have a lot of Fett and Rebel v1 evo sets out. From the looks of it they must have gotten solid case packs of it because I got there at opening and there were no other evo sets to be seen. Rumor has it that the holo grevious will be maming its way up to canada in august..but then again this huge release date was supposed to happen this weekend and it never came.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:27 PM by JangoTat »
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 02:56 PM »
Only thing I didn't get that I was looking for was the Rebel Pilots II evolutions set. Not bad though out of all the stuff I wanted. I'm glad I don't have to track a ton of stuff down. That bogs down the fun of collecting, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Rebel Pilots II & Imperial Pilots evolutions sets. I did not see the Speeder Bike BP either but not sure I will buy that, most likely it's a pass. I found everything else even Order 66 for $2.49 each!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Rebel Pilot Evolutions I
Rebel Pilot Evolutions II
Imperial Pilot Evolutions
Battle Packs
Snow Bunny Padme, Quad Gunner, Saesee Tin from Wave 2
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 04:05 PM »
The pilot evolutions set was the only thing I was looking for that I did not find.  Of course I wasn't looking for much else.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I didn't see/find:

Basic Figures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, Ewoks
Evolutions: Rebel Pilots v.2, Imperial Pilots, Vader's Secret Apprentice
Battle Packs: all
Comic Packs: What was supposed to be out again, I forget? I saw nothing new.

That's about it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 05:45 PM »
I saw all of the general issue basic figures from all lines.  Also saw all of the general issue vehicles.

DIDN'T SEE:
EVOLUTIONS:  Rebel Pilots 2 & Imperial Pilots
BATTLE PACKS:  Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol, any Clone Wars bp's
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 09:02 PM »
I have yet to see any of the Evolutions pilots sets.  All of our local stores only got cases of Wave 1, with just Padme.  Other than that, I've seen everything else at least once. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 09:47 PM »
-Wave 1 Ewoks pack
-Wave 2 Sae Sae Tinn ( :( )
-Reb Pilots Version 2  ( :( )
-Imp Pilots

I'm really bummed on all 4 of those too, as I had those all in the "must buy now" column, unfortunately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 02:01 AM »
I have yet to see any of the Evolutions pilots sets.  All of our local stores only got cases of Wave 1, with just Padme.  Other than that, I've seen everything else at least once. 

And I'll add holo Grievous to this list. The local TRU might have had it, but I missed it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I've been back at the "Big 3" again since the weekend now, and at this point I think there are only a few things I haven't seen at all.  I've seen every basic Legacy and Clone Wars figure except for TLC Wave 2 SaeSee Tiin, and I haven't seen the Rebel Pilots II or Imperial Pilots Evolution sets (although I ordered the Imperial set from HTS).  I think I've seen about everything else at one point or another (at least what I was looking for) although a lot of it has sold out since then.  For example, I haven't seen the following since opening night:

TCW Wave 1 Yoda, Grievous
Evolutions Rebel Pilots I
TLC V-19 Fighter

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Legacy/Clone Wars Rarities?
« Reply #12 on: August 7, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Kind of on the opposite side of the "pegwarmers" thread, is there anything in particular from either the Legacy or Clone Wars lines that have been tough (or impossible) to find at retail near you?  Most everything seems fairly easy to find, but some things have been tougher:

Never Seen at Retail
Legacy Wave 2 SaeSee Tiin
Legacy Evolutions Wave 2 (Rebel Pilots II and Imperial Pilots)
Legacy Comic Packs (Asaaj/Tol Skorr, Anakin/Durge)

Seen Once or Twice, but Not Often
Legacy Wave 1 - Leektar and Nippet
Legacy Wave 2 - Clones (Scuba and Quad Gunner)
Clone Wars Wave 1 - Yoda, Rex, and General Grievous
Legacy Vehicles - V-19
Legacy Battle Packs - Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol
Clone Wars Target Exclusive Commander Fox

Overall, things seem to have sold pretty well around here though.  Really, a lot of Legacy Wave 1 and 2 can be tough to find from time to time.  You can find them, but they certainly aren't plentiful.  The Clone Wars stuff seems to be selling pretty well too, with the Clones, Battle Droids, and R2 being the most plentiful it seems.  The V-19 is virtually impossible to find, and the Evolution sets have been pretty much sold out as well (even the glut of Fett/Padme ones at Target were down to four sets total).  Even the bigger vehicles, while they can be found, do sell through from time to time to an empty shelf.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy/Clone Wars Rarities?
« Reply #13 on: August 7, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I've seen everything but the Imperial Pilots eVo pack on my daily/weekly runs.  Can't really explain why that would be....Fox has been selling suprisingly well for such a bloated price.  Many of my Targets are completely sold out of him, but I'm hoping he comes back for his eventual clearance.  I guess you could also say that the Torrent seems to be the more popular of the assault vehicles.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy/Clone Wars Rarities?
« Reply #14 on: August 7, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Both Legacy waves are very rare, especially at Targets. I've only seen the Rebel Pilots II and Imperial Pilots sets once at retail, and I bought the Rebel set.