Author Topic: Legacy Collection Pegwarmers?  (Read 12168 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Legacy Collection Pegwarmers?
« on: August 1, 2008, 10:48 AM »
I figured it was time to start a pegwarmers thread, since I've started to see a lot of the following since 7/26:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (3D)
Anakin Skywalker (3D)
General Obi-Wan Kenobi
IG Lancer Droid
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (Blue)
Evolutions Fett Legacy
Evolutions Padme

The Quad Cannon Trooper, Sandstorm Luke, and the Wokling are the only three figures I still haven't seen anywhere at this point.

Anyone else noticing any trends where they live?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Pegwarmers?
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2008, 12:46 PM »
I figured it was time to start a pegwarmers thread, since I've started to see a lot of the following since 7/26:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (3D)
Anakin Skywalker (3D)
General Obi-Wan Kenobi
IG Lancer Droid
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (Blue)
Evolutions Fett Legacy
Evolutions Padme

The Quad Cannon Trooper, Sandstorm Luke, and the Wokling are the only three figures I still haven't seen anywhere at this point.

Anyone else noticing any trends where they live?

There isn't much of anything Legacy around me. It's scant even for CW figs. Though the Fett and Sith repack EVO sets are def. pegging hard. I'm not counting Saga Legends (Legacy) in this as those are expected to peg a bit.

My WM just put out some figures, so they have a little, but it's by no means pegging. My local TRU only had ONE Legacy figure on the pegs. That was Yarna, but it was only ONE of here and none of the rest from waves 1 and 2. SO that's not bad at all, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2008, 09:42 AM »
It's pretty much every Saga Legends figure around here that's pegwarming, even the plain white clones.  I don't know what Hasbro was thinking doing a third assortment that is in the same type of packaging as the regular Legacy figures, but it looks like we're stuck with a pegwarming assortment again.  ::)

The animated figures are hanging around a bit more than the Legacy figures, although the only Legacy figures who are "pegwarming" right now (and I say that sparingly since we're only a week into the lines) are the Commander Gree rerelease, the EVO Trooper rerelease, and the Kashyyyk Trooper rerelease.  There are way more of those than any other Legacy figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 3, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Anything that's a repack has been peg/shelf warming since day one around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 4, 2008, 10:20 AM »
After taking a look at the stores this weekend, everything seems to be selling fairly well around here still.  The "Legends" stuff does seem to hang a bit longer than the new stuff, but there isn't necessarily a ton of that either.  Most of the Legacy Wave 1 and 2 stuff seems to be selling through, with Ak-Rev the only figure I've seen closer to "pegwarming".  The Animated stuff is doing well too, with Yoda and Grievous downright rare, but Anakin/Obi-Wan/Clonetrooper/Battle Droid fairly easy to find (but not in large numbers).

On a side note, I don't know about your areas - but here all three lines (Legacy, Clone Wars, and Legends) are all just stocked together on the same pegs.  So much for keeping things seperate.  It seems to be ok for now, but I sure hope that the later Legacy Waves don't get impossible to find due to pegwarming Legends or tons of Clone Wars figures (as they will likely get a big retail push with the series).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:13 PM »
At this point, a couple months out from the release, I'm not sure what the pegwarmers are overall.  I think anything from Wave 1 from either line (Clone Wars or TLC) is pretty easy to find.  I haven't checked exact numbers, but they do seem to be fairly plentiful for the most part.  The Ewoks maybe are a little bit of a swifter seller, as is the Legacy Collection overall compared to Clone Wars.  Wave 2 of The Legacy Collection is showing up more regularly now, although those are a lot more scarce than either of the other waves so far (Wave 3 hasn't shown up here at all yet).  Of Wave 2, the Clones - particularly the Scuba clone - and SaeSee Tiin seem to be the toughest to find.

As far as the other lines, it seems like the Rebel Pilots 1 Evolutions pack is pretty plentiful at TRU - but I don't think WM or Target have any at all in our area.  Of the Battle Packs, the only one I ever see is the Hoth Recon Patrol - which was the one I was most excited about.  Every so often I'll see the Hoth Speederbikes pack, but pretty rarely.  I haven't seen the Clone Wars Speeder Bike Pack for quite some time now.  Vehicles all seem pretty consistent, with the V-19 being the toughest to find by far in the $20 assortment.  The Falcon and AT-TE do seem to both be selling decently, although you can find either pretty easily around here.  Anyways, just curious what everyone's retail situations were looking like a couple months out now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:41 PM »
I don't even pay attention, but I usually see everything everywhere.  Just looking for the blue eyes to finish out my final two from w3.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 04:22 PM »
I don't even pay attention, but I usually see everything everywhere.  Just looking for the blue eyes to finish out my final two from w3.

Yeah, I've been the same way lately.  I don't look too closely at what is or isn't there from the stuff I already have, just been on the lookout for the blue eyes as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 12:26 AM »
Wave 1 (Legacy) is abundant here...  But beyond that, Legacy is moving steadily.  It's the Greatest Hits/Legends stuff and the 3D stuff that I see the most.  Legacy stuff though is going pretty decent, and even the Wave 1 stuff isn't ALL easy to find.  The Ewok especially is still tough to find, as is Luke.  Luke makes a bitchin' custom base and his hood/goggles are cool.  Good customizing figure or a figure just to buy twice to have him dueling or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention the Legends figures.  Those are everywhere, and take up the majority of the peg space at most stores (Target in particular).  Good observation Jesse, I have to say that I don't see the Luke quite as often either.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 11:28 AM »
I mentioned this in the Clone Wars forum, but around here, Star Wars figures really seem to be selling pretty quickly these days (particularly the past couple weeks).  I mentioned the Clone Wars line in particular has really been picking up, but Legacy is doing pretty good as well.  I mainly frequent Targets, but I've seen it at all of the retailers around here.  The main pegwarmers for TLC at this point seem to be various "Legends" figures, and then Yarna, Ak-Rev, and occasionally Bane Malor from Wave 1.  Wave 2/3/4 are pretty much sold through here (4 hasn't shown up much yet though), and even the Han/Chewie/Luke/Ewok figures from Wave 1 are selling pretty quickly.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Sales do seem to be going ok...  CW3D it's tough to find any action-type figure, but R2's are wildly abundant.  I know my local WM has 4 pegs of just R2 hanging around.

On the Legacy side of things, and this shouldn't shock, there's lots of pegwarmers like Yarna, and the Weequay Drummer...  Also the wannabe Sgt. Doallyn is pegwarming here too.

The rest of the pegwarmers are mostly Legends figures.  Lots of Obi-Wan and Anakin...  Not so much Clones or SBD's, but the hero and villain characters are around like Grievous and whatnot. 

I think all 3 lines are actually doing ok, which is surprising to me.  The CW3D figures don't seem to get restocked quite as much as legacy though, I've noticed.  They'll get a case here and there, but Legacy will get a full restock now and then it seems, filling the pegs...  CW is getting shafted at times I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 08:12 PM »
It's really bad with the Legends figures around here, Gree and the Kashyyyk Trooper in particular. Next up would be Yarna and Ak-Rev. Everything else seems to move pretty well. I held off on buying Han, Chewie, and Luke from wave 1, and when I decided to get them, it took me driving to a small out-of-town WM to find them.

I have never seen Ahsoka at retail. I got mine from HTS. The CW stuff is in shorter supply than Legacy, to be sure.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 12:02 PM »
I was at Target yesterday, and while looking at the sparse Star Wars section, I re-arranged things just to see what they had.  Its pretty bleak, and sales must have been quite good for the holidays so far.  They had one peg (probably 6-7) of the Legends repack Obi-Wan, one peg of Yarna (again about 6 I think), 1 each of Legends figures Mace, Plo, SBD, and Yellow BARC, 4 of Ak-Rev, and 2 Clone Wars Obi-Wans.  That was it.  Interestingly enough, aside from Battle Packs, the two Obi-Wans were the only CW figures there.  The vehicles seem to be selling well too.  I've seen the starfighter assortment restocked and sold through twice in the past couple weeks, and the Falcons and AT-TEs have nearly sold out as well (1 Falcon was there after being sold through recently).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 12:52 PM »
Plo Koon!  That figure is everywhere in my area.