Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86161 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #435 on: February 5, 2009, 10:59 PM »
I think the guy that tackled him should be signed, and the guy that stole the ball should too...  That guy seemed to hold the ball after a savage hit, and the security that tackled him really wrapped up nice...  Both should be proud.

The two that ran into one another...  Well, I hear Cincy, Cleveland, and Detroit are all looking for some new guys in the secondary I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 6, 2009, 08:46 AM »
I don't follow the Steelers so..... does Harrison do things like he did in the Super Bowl a lot? If not I feel JediJman is being a little over critical of Harrison as a whole based off one questionable violent moment.

If you've discussed this already, don't answer, you two's posts are too long and I don't care enough so I haven't read them all the way through.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 08:48 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 6, 2009, 09:37 AM »
I don't follow the Steelers so..... does Harrison do things like he did in the Super Bowl a lot? If not I feel JediJman is being a little over critical of Harrison as a whole based off one questionable violent moment.

If you've discussed this already, don't answer, you two's posts are too long and I don't care enough so I haven't read them all the way through.

NICK.  We just moved past the whole Harrison thing.  I don't follow the Steelers, nor do I have a tally of the number of jerk moves he's made on other guys.  Maybe he has two and maybe he has 100.  How would you count them up?  Look at the debate over just this one action let alone others.  What number of similar violent actions would satisfy you?

In my own opinion, he was way too rough with Francisco for no reason.  It's one thing to get mad and hit or push a guy, but it's quite another to keep going after him once he's down and not fighting back.  If you look at the way he whipped that drunk in Cleveland, that seems overly aggressive to me to - maybe not to some others.  I don't know Harrison personally and I'm not going to waste time looking up more of his plays, but the guy seems to enjoy beating up on people based on these two instances.  It's been my experience that people who can't control their anger are repeat offenders, but I don't need a count on that to make up my own mind that he's a thug. 

By the way, there are a lot of interesting quotes online from Francisco about the play.  He says he had the urge to fight back, but held his anger in check becasue it knew it might hurt their chances of winning the big game.  Chew this over - had the refs decided that Harrison's actions occurred a second sooner, Arizona would have had a first down with a strong likelyhood of scoring AND cutting more time off the clock later in the game.  Harrison could have very easily cost his team the game and has to know that, yet he still went after Francisco.  If that's not evidence of anger management issues, I don't know what is.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today