Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86169 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #15 on: September 8, 2008, 08:10 AM »
Bye bye Brady.  See ya next year.

Greatest news for the year. I was pretty much flipping out at the Jets for Miami's last drive but then i got that amazing news.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 8, 2008, 09:57 AM »

Greatest news for the year. I was pretty much flipping out at the Jets for Miami's last drive but then i got that amazing news.

Classless.

I wouldn't get too excited about the Jets until the 15 next best teams suffer injuries to their best players.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 8, 2008, 10:27 AM »

Classless.

I wouldn't get too excited about the Jets until the 15 next best teams suffer injuries to their best players.

You are entitled to your opinion but i think a coach signing with a team only to quit on them pretty much the next day is classless.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 8, 2008, 10:40 AM »
Calling an injury to any player "great" and "amazing" news is universally regarded as the most classless thing a fan can do.  Regardless of any coach's employment status.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2008, 10:40 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 8, 2008, 11:05 AM »

You are entitled to your opinion but i think a coach signing with a team only to quit on them pretty much the next day is classless.

Did you feel that way when Parcells was still the coach of the Pats, took them to the Super Bowl and then left for your Jets before the confetti had even finished falling on the Packers (and some would say the deal was in place even before then)?

Look, it's a devastating start to the season.  However, the Pats will still win the division, there's too much talent on both sides of the ball.  It'll be tougher, sure, but I still think they get it done, especially with their cupcake schedule. Will the win the Super Bowl?  Probably not, but who knows - maybe they'll catch lightning in a bottle twice and surprise us all.  And no team plays with a chip on their shoulder more than the Pats when people start counting them out.

And everyone's harping on the Jets and the gunslinger barely beating the Dolphins as the team to worry about.  I think people need to look to the team that plays in Western NY.  They looked pretty impressive (from what I saw) beating a pretty solid team in the Seahawks.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: September 8, 2008, 12:06 PM »
I have no doubts that the Pats will still win. Like you mentioned they do have an easy schedule. I think if the Jets make the playoffs they will be lucky to get the #6 spot.

I just hate the pats, their coach and dislike brady. If Parcells did the same thing (i never heard talk of a deal being done before hand) then it was wrong as well.

Like i mentioned, you guys are entitled to your opinion but i am happy to see the "perfect team" brought down just a little bit.

On a side note: I am really happy Chad did well yesterday. I still wish they could have kept him with the team in some capacity. I hope he does well and that they get a good win next week.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2008, 12:13 PM by evenflow »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 8, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Game of the week starts tommorrow at 6:00.

Wow, what a barn burner so far... 10-6 late in the 3rd...  And I thought that The Bears had quarterback issues going into this season...  Looks like they are not alone with their brethren to the far North...

*EDIT* GreenBay just scored again, 17-6...
« Last Edit: September 8, 2008, 09:20 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 9, 2008, 12:33 AM »
Game of the week starts tommorrow at 6:00.

Wow, what a barn burner so far... 10-6 late in the 3rd...  And I thought that The Bears had quarterback issues going into this season...  Looks like they are not alone with their brethren to the far North...

*EDIT* GreenBay just scored again, 17-6...

24 to 19 and it was a pretty good game in my opinion.  Only crappy part was that Grant didn't get that final block to make it a 59 yard TD run.  Cost me a week #1 game in my other league.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #23 on: September 9, 2008, 01:15 AM »
Jay Cutler played really good tonight against the Raiders.  I think they will have a good season.

San Diego may still win the division, but the Broncos could very well be strong contenders for the wildcard.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: September 9, 2008, 02:22 AM »
It definitely was a fun game to watch for Bronco fans tonight. Gotta love beating up on da Raidas. :) Eddie Royal looked fantastic. The Broncos passing game is going to be scary good this year. The O-line was really impressive tonight Cutler had plenty of time and we were running well tonight. That was my biggest concern with the offense. Oakland is a pretty good defensive team, I think putting up 41 against them will be a big confidence builder. If the defense can figure out how to stop the run this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them give San Diego a run for their money in the division. If not... missing the playoffs again may well be in the cards again this year.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2008, 02:23 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 9, 2008, 01:00 PM »
Jay Cutler played really good tonight against the Raiders.  I think they will have a good season.

San Diego may still win the division, but the Broncos could very well be strong contenders for the wildcard.

They pounded the Raiders, but keep in mind that it was just the Raiders.  I'll believe they're for real when they do this to a decent team.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: September 9, 2008, 02:18 PM »

They pounded the Raiders, but keep in mind that it was just the Raiders.  I'll believe they're for real when they do this to a decent team.

That's true for the most part. But The Radiers do have some really good talent on defense. Asmuhoa(sp?), Hall, Huff, Morrison, and Howard are all quality young players. The Raiders have the talent, they just need to figure out how to win games. (Not that I mind seeing them struggle horribly every year. :))
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 9, 2008, 06:32 PM »
The Raiders have the talent, they just need to figure out how to win games. (Not that I mind seeing them struggle horribly every year. :))

Amen to that.  Oakland is one team I love to hate.

I hope I don't get stabbed for typing that.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile