Author Topic: 28 Days Later  (Read 6039 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Days Later
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2003, 04:19 PM »
I mean... Cory said that Fargo was boring, for example.

Dont forget he also said 2 Fast 2 Furious was good, as well as Scary Movie 3 ;)

So when is Virex going to update Lobot's Duplex? Better yet, when is he going to post his DVD collection online? :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 04:21 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2003, 10:01 PM »
Truth be told, I found the soliders to be more scary than the infected.  I found them far more dangerous, since their intellect remained intact, but their morals were thrown out the window.

Very 'Lord of the Flies'-like. It's understandable the infected will try to satisfy their desires whatever way they can, but we really don't expect a large group of people conditioned to obey and maintain order to fall into lawlessness the way the soldiers had. They actually went through the charade of being the protectorate.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2003, 12:03 AM »

And? I thought it was very boring, thats just me.

28 Days Later was boring too. Slow, predictable, and pretty much devoid of scares.

It isn't too hard to glom The Omega Man, Resident Evil, and then set it in London. Not to mention the movie was overhyped and over-rated, IMO.

I rented it again this past week, and I still hold the same opinion. This movie is for simple minded people, i.e. horror film buffs who thrive on monotony and simplicity.

Atleast 2 Fast 2 Furious was intentionally funny in parts.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2003, 12:05 AM »
Yeah, not every movie can meet the high standards of a film like 2 Fast 2 Furious.   ;D
Binders full of astromechs...

Jango Fettish

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2003, 12:12 AM »
Well, certainly not movies with rehashed story lines, billed as being "scary as hell.", when in fact they induce sleep.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2003, 01:34 AM »
and?
And? That's my point. You found one of the best films ever (fargo) to be boring, you found a damn decent film (28 days later) to be boring, and you found 2f2f to be one of the better films you've seen...

Good movie - go see it and make a judgement on your own, don't let a bad review scare you off...
At least I thought my point was clear.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2003, 12:31 PM »
There are few things funnier than arguing about anything with Fettish. Because, no matter what, everyone else is simply wrong.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2003, 12:36 PM »

This movie is for simple minded people, i.e. horror film buffs who thrive on monotony and simplicity.

Ah yes, it takes a true intellectual superior to enjoy 2 Fast 2 Furious. Seriously, anyone without a degree from Harvard most likely wont understand such a complex film. Truly a masterful work. Surprised it didnt bring home Oscars in every category.

I guess the same goes for Scary Movie 3. That movie is about as far as you can get for being for simple minded people.

Or Terminator 3. At bear minimum, you need a doctorate in physics to truly enjoy and understand this movie.

Wait a tick, Im starting to see a pattern here...

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2003, 01:05 PM »

This movie is for simple minded people, i.e. horror film buffs who thrive on monotony and simplicity.

Ah yes, it takes a true intellectual superior to enjoy 2 Fast 2 Furious. Seriously, anyone without a degree from Harvard most likely wont understand such a complex film. Truly a masterful work. Surprised it didnt bring home Oscars in every category.

I guess the same goes for Scary Movie 3. That movie is about as far as you can get for being for simple minded people.

Or Terminator 3. At bear minimum, you need a doctorate in physics to truly enjoy and understand this movie.

Wait a tick, Im starting to see a pattern here...

When it comes to Sanford, you just never know...Sanford is known to flip-flop on movies (and other stuff).  Matrix Reloaded anyone?  And one minute he's a fanboy of Jango, the next minute, a DVD "afficionado."  Who knows?  Maybe this time next year, he'll be a fan of 28 Days Later.    

Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2003, 01:27 PM »
Alright everybody...  Let's please try to stick to the topic at hand here: 28 Days.  Thanks.   :-*

Still haven't seen it myself, but I've heard a lot of good things about it, so we'll probably have to rent it pretty soon here - maybe on Halloween.  Looking forward to seeing if it'll live up to all the hype...  Hope so!