Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 52861 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I don't know guys. That looks like the same old ewok we've gotten dozens of times already just repainted. Easy pass. The clone on the worm is lame with a capital L. The one with the robot wearing the clone helmet looks interesting. Too bad they didn't put more clone armor on the robot.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2009, 11:29 AM »
I think $15 for the Gelagrub set would be more in line as well, particularly if the grub is basically just a large PVC figure.  The clone is nice enough, but it might have almost been better to just put the grub in the "deluxe" assortment - if it would fit in.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2009, 12:13 PM »
I think the Grub is cool, because I love beasts/animals in Star Wars. 

But other than that, I'm aggravated... the clone is fine other than I hate the bulky removable helmet.  Plus just one figure in here is a swift kick to the nuts. 

Throw in a Felucian Warrior repack from the TFU Rancor or something...

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2009, 12:54 PM »
If it wasn't for the price of these packs, I would care about the Pilots, and the Grub but not at $25 a pop. I will get the Endor BP because I don't have the gilder. I figure the Saga Ultra costs just has much has today BP to get, so bring on Warok.

If you count the POTF2 Wicket/Logray and POTJ Palpoo/Teebo, Its just Lumat left in from the Vintage collection.  (I don't count the POTF2 Wicket/Logray and POTJ Palpoo)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Even if it were $20, it'd still sting because not only have we gotten a price hike but we've gotten less stuff...  Hasbro said they were cutting back the # of figures in battlepacks to cut costs, which was tough to take at the time since BP's were mostly repaints and whatnot.  What stings is they also have now jacked up prices on battlepacks.  If it had another figure, I'd be alright.  Not really overly happy, but I'd still buy one (not more though).

As it stands I'm very seriously considering not buying the grub pack, and that is something new, realistically sculpted, that I actually wanted...  This line's just going a bit far with price hikes and giving you less on top of asking more for it.  I'm very disappointed I guess.  I really didn't think I'd hit this point, but I am and it's a very disappointing feeling.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2009, 10:59 PM »
I'm not buying the grub, which is a $15 toy in a $25 box.  I may break down on the Endor set, though there's a lack of value there as well.  None of these suggest the value of previous sets, or even their desirability.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2009, 10:54 AM »
The Grub BP is a deluxe set easy and should have been priced accordingly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2009, 12:51 AM »
4 new BP's for next year:

1x Birth of Darth Vader
1x Tatooine Desert Ambush
1x Holocron
1x Jedi Showdown

Obviously...no word on what they contain

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2009, 01:20 AM »
"Birth of Darth Vader" - Could this one just be the working title for that Mustafar repack set they showed at SDCC?

"Holocron" - This set is supposed to be based on the "Holocron Heist" season 2 premiere episodes of CW.  I think it was confirmed at SDCC or the Q&A, don't remember which though?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2009, 01:33 AM »
I was wondering that too as the "Jedi Showdown" kind of works for that Kamino Confrontation set we're getting as well.

I'm also thinking that Tatooine Desert Ambush is a CW movie theme set, maybe with a couple Grievous bodyguards, one with the alternate head, along with an Anakin with backpack and maybe a Dooku.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:52 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2009, 02:15 AM »
4 new BP's for next year:

1x Birth of Darth Vader
1x Tatooine Desert Ambush
1x Holocron
1x Jedi Showdown

Obviously...no word on what they contain

My predictions?

-Birth of Darth Vader - pretty obvious.  Vader, Palpatine, operating table.  I figure at least one of the droids is in the set.  I'd like to see a Force crushed FX-6 personally.

-Tatooine Desert Ambush - I'm thinking this is a Clone Wars pack from the movie.  As far as a lineup, I think it'll be Ahsoka, R2 and the Magnaguards.  Maybe we'll get the hooded Magnaguard in this pack.

-Holocron - Definitely a Clone Wars pack.  It's probably going to feature Cad Bane.  That's about all there is to say without straying into spoiler territory.

-Jedi showdown - A totally vague title if I ever saw one.  My prediction?  An AOTC theme from the hangar duel, featuring Obi-Wan, Anakin & Dooku and possibly including Yoda.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2009, 10:21 AM »
By the titles, I hope there's nothing new in them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Hasbro has stated a couple of teams over the last few weeks that the Battle Packs will be reverting to repacks/repaints as opposed to new figures.  So I would guess it will be crap and we won't be happy :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2009, 11:41 AM »
I think I'd rather see crap battle packs with no new offerings over ones with near-crap and one new figure in them.  Then I can easily pass on them... I hate been torn on spending $25 for a pack that has only one figure in it that I want.

Of course in my world there would be pure repacks in about half of these for the parents to get an easy gift for the kids that refreshes main characters and army builders, while the other half kicked ass like the Yavin set.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2009, 01:36 PM »
It's a sad thing what happened to BP's. They were a great way to get great repaints/upgrades and new items that we cannot get elsewhere.

This years packs have been great despite the price being raised. They were, to me at least, a great purchase if you reflect what's in them:

- Hoth Recon Patrol
- Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol (Interesting enough)
- SHIELD GENERATOR ASSAULT
- Scramble at Yavin
- Gelebrub Hubbub
- Battle of Geonosis
- Resurgence of the Jedi

While some my disagree these packs had more going for them than less. If Comic packs are flailing, BP's are all repacks,Evo is done, Legacy getting 2 less waves and Deluxe off limits to Legacy it's not good for the core line in my opinion. Even EE had no exclusive this year .I really liked BP's as a way to get new figures and good repaints we would not otherwise get. I hope some of thees sets at least have some upgraded paint ops but I am not holding my breath. What I do not get it that sales seem to be strong on this SKU with great sell through I understand not wanting to invest in new large tools like the Gelegrub, Cart etc having figures with new heads and maybe some gear seems like a reasonable investment to keep everyone engaged.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/