Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 52851 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2009, 01:57 PM »
If they're not going to be full of new figures, I'd rather they be 100% kid-targeted repacks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I've kind of enjoyed the battle packs lately as well, at least until the recent less figures/higher price change.  Even though the Hoth Recon pack shelfwarmed a lot of places, I really liked that pack.  Obviously the Yavin pack was great, and there have been some other cool ones over the past couple years as well.  I don't mind them having the kid-targeted packs either.  I know as we've bought for our nephews in the past, it really is a nice way to give them a nice "collection" of figures for a reasonable price (especially when it was 5 figures for $20).  I agree that it stings when you're buying a $25 pack for basically one new figure though.  I can deal with a repaint/retool or two in a pack, as long as we're getting a couple all-new things as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Hasbro has stated a couple of teams over the last few weeks that the Battle Packs will be reverting to repacks/repaints as opposed to new figures.  So I would guess it will be crap and we won't be happy :)

Hasbro has been somewhat contradictory on battle packs.  Just look at "Resurgence of the Jedi".  Those figures are all retooled.

Based on my conversations with them at SDCC, we're likely to see battle packs in either one of two formats:

-All figures are straight repacks.  There are the sets that will be designed for the"birthday gift" sale.
-All figures are slightly modified or packed with different accessories.  "Resurgence of the Jedi" falls into this category.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2009, 08:37 PM »
If they're not going to be full of new figures, I'd rather they be 100% kid-targeted repacks.

I kind of agree with this...  if the lithmus test of it is the Yavin IV Hangar set, which I consider outstanding despite some repainting.

I'd rather that they went full-collector with a set, or full-kid, but it's the in-between sets that hurt the most, when you plunk down $25 to get one or two figures you want, or an accessory you'd like over anything in the set.  Kind of like the Vulture's Claw set (not that i"m into animated stuff).  To get the Trandoshan you've gotta plunk down $25 and accept figures you either already have or simply don't want.  That bites, and the way prices are going up in the line I'm more inclined not to buy at all than to buy and choke down the extra cost for the one guy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2009, 12:56 AM »
I don't mind smart repainting if it creates some new stuff, I just don't want 4 things I already have and one figure that I really want thrown in.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2009, 02:00 AM »
Pure repaints are pretty limited to droids and army builders though...  That's a tough one to take if it's a Vader with snow on his feet, or Luke with some green smudges on his knees.  The Yavin IV pack is probably the ideal I think for most collectors...  The upcoming Resurgence of the Jedi set too.

The Vulture's Claw set is kind of the anti-that...  And then the stuff like the Palpatine's Office Duel set is pretty lame top to bottom and easily passed on by just about everyone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2009, 08:01 AM »

The Vulture's Claw set is kind of the anti-that...  And then the stuff like the Palpatine's Office Duel set is pretty lame top to bottom and easily passed on by just about everyone.

I like a BP like the Palpatine Duel because as a non opener it let's "me" set up an important scene without actually opening any figs.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2009, 08:27 AM »

I like a BP like the Palpatine Duel because as a non opener it let's "me" set up an important scene without actually opening any figs.

I totally agree with Nick, since like him I am non-opener of the Battle Packs and I love how they set up a movie scene perfectly in small box that does not take up much space.  As long as Hasbro keeps making these I will keep on buying them. 8) :)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:05 AM by Rob »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2009, 12:51 AM »
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(  :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2009, 01:02 AM »
Nice, four very easy passes for me.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2009, 01:04 AM »
Yeah I really am not seeing anything in there I'm wanting right now.  All very much geared at kids IMO.  Unless that arm holding Vader's helmet is a new piece or something I'll probably be passing on all 4 sets.  That kind of makes me happy, actually.  That's that much less to spend.

The basic line will keep me plenty busy, haha.  Not to mention wanting 3 AT-ST's, another Octuparra Droid, the possibility of more Evolutions sets should they go on sale, the possibility of more Target 2-packs if they go on mass clearance like the previous sets, comic packs, still not finding that f'n ball turret battlepack...

Holy ****.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2009, 02:39 AM »
I absolutely LOVE the Tatooine and Vader sets - the Clone Wars sets are, well, suckish... c'mon, Hasbro, this was the perfect opportunity to upgrade that pathetic Bane sculpt.  :o  I actually thought Jocasta Nu would be included, and we do not, NOT need that Yoda again! And that Jedi Showdown BP is a sore reminder that Hasbro is aiming the BPs for kids now...  >:(

The Tatooine set could do with the Evo 2005 Maul (with maybe a retooled torso  ???) instead of the Saga Legends figure, which is actually still on shelves. And although it fits the context of the set, re-releasing the Qui-Gon with the poncho while the exclusive Eopie offer is still going around is a bad idea. WOW, HASBRO. Really.

The Birth of Vader BP is both collector/kid oriented. Nice set, I'll try to pick this one up!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2009, 03:08 AM »
All very much geared at kids IMO. 

I'm not even sure kids want them.  I mean, I see tons of CW Anakins & Osokas warming the pegs everywhere, and they plan to release not one but two battle packs with both of those figs? 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2009, 03:36 AM »
Easy passes all the way 'round.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback