Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 53122 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2009, 05:56 PM »
I really hope that the trend of "complete repacks" is going to be an ongoing theme for the BPs from here on out.  BPs are, by and large, the most poorly stocked assortment of SW toys on the shelves, mostly due to the huge bottleneck caused by the Jabba's Palace and B'omarr Monastery sets.  While I think the Yavin Hangar set is one of the best things to come out of the Legacy lineup, for every one of those, we get two more Jabba's Palace sets per case, perpetuating the problem at retail.   :P

I haven't even seen a Gunship pod at retail (a friend was able to get me one of them, and that was four states away from where I live), and I'm really wondering if the Gelagrub overpriced beast pack BP will show up here at all.  As long as I can get one more pod to put on the other side of my 2002 AOTC Gunship, I'll be happy.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2009, 10:03 AM »
I do have 1 opened, but I'd like to eventually free all of them and have em all properly outfitted. 

I'm in the same boat, but I'm not even thinking about fitting the rest since they're one to a set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: October 1, 2009, 03:13 AM »
We got some proto images and among them was a look at the kit-bashed Luke Skywalker from the Resurgence of the Jedi battlepack!

Clicky image to check him out!

Finally, a super articulated farmboy Luke?  I've got a pile of gear for him here like the garage tool, T-16 model, floppy hat, binoculars, hunting rifle, landspeeder, cloth poncho, a lightsaber, an unlit lightsaber...

Maybe the most heavily outfitted figure, ever.  I may actually custom my Luke so he's got the "Flashback" figure's skirt piece.  That way he can hold his binocs on his belt and stuff.

I wholely hope they re-use this sculpt, with a new skirt/belt/holster, to do a Death Star Escape Luke at some point.  Yay!  Wet and dry headsculpts included, please?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 1, 2009, 10:59 AM »
This does look like a pretty nice figure, and I really hope it gets re-released on a basic card somewhere down the road.  I'd like several, but don't want to buy a bunch of those battle packs to get them.  After all the various Tatooine Lukes we've gotten over the years, none of them have really been the "definitive" version.  This one looks like it may come the closest.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 1, 2009, 11:42 AM »
I really hope that the trend of "complete repacks" is going to be an ongoing theme for the BPs from here on out.  BPs are, by and large, the most poorly stocked assortment of SW toys on the shelves, mostly due to the huge bottleneck caused by the Jabba's Palace and B'omarr Monastery sets.  While I think the Yavin Hangar set is one of the best things to come out of the Legacy lineup, for every one of those, we get two more Jabba's Palace sets per case, perpetuating the problem at retail.   :P

Just out of curiosity, why do you favor BP's as straight re-packs going forward? I agree it is really tiresome wading through all the Jabba and B'Omarr swag, but it seems to me repack BP's would gather dust even worse. I have 0 interest in those as a collector. Especially with all the re-packed carded figures CW is releasing in their new waves, I just don't see where there would be much demand, even from parents or kids.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #170 on: October 1, 2009, 12:05 PM »
I for one am looking to save funds were I can, and like the Legends line, and with the BPs going to a straight repack (with no repaints and new accessories) format I couldn't be happier.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: October 1, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I concur.  After this Jedi set, I am hopeful I'll not be inclined to buy another BP because of one figure, or one accessory...  As it is, that Endor set stings.  I don't want the Imp Officer that badly, just the Ewok, but I gotta buy Luke, that Officer, and a furball kite to get that furball. 

Dumping one figure and increasing in cost by $5 of $6 sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 1, 2009, 05:43 PM »
I guess I'd just rather have 1 new figure in a BP than none at all. I'm actually starved for MORE product to buy.

Heck, even a repaint or new weapon would be worth it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 1, 2009, 06:03 PM »
How long have the new BP's been out now?  Saw the CW one a week or so ago at TRU, but that's it for anything new.  I'd at least like to get on Gunship properly outfitted before the holiday madness begins.

I guess I'd just rather have 1 new figure in a BP than none at all. I'm actually starved for MORE product to buy.

Heck, even a repaint or new weapon would be worth it.

You're in the minority on that one.  I don't think any of us want to see that format especially with these inflated prices and the loss of value in these sets.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: October 2, 2009, 01:51 AM »
Yeah, $8 a figure's bad...  $25 for one new figure?  THat sucks.  Some packs are nice, but they're the minority these days.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 4, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Yeah, $8 a figure's bad...  $25 for one new figure?  THat sucks.  Some packs are nice, but they're the minority these days.

Got to agree with you. Some packs ARE nice - I think that Endor set is cool, mostly because of the Ewok and kite, and that SA Luke (which thank the heavens wasn't that horrible 2006 TSC Endor Luke). And some packs aren't THAT worth it either ... *cough* Kamino Conflict *cough*
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2009, 07:55 AM »
I'd just like to revisit my earlier statement that I'd definitely pick up the 327th Star Corps clone with Gelagrub.  Courtesy of RS:

That sculpt is cheap looking.  It looks like someone at Hasbro squatted down and pooped out a plastic blue turd.

There's no quality here for $23.99!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2009, 12:08 PM »
I will be getting one of the Grubs but I have to agree this one should be part of the deluxe line not a Battle Pack. Unfortunately it's like Moblins in The Legend of Zelda, they cannot follow you into the cave. Since this is realistic it cannot go into the deluxe line with the rest of the Can-Cells rotting on a shelf near you! It's real therefore it's a battle pack. The value is not there and a pair of working pincers is not cutting it. The Trooper should have had some more weathered deco, they could have afforded it.

If you really think about this beast it is really pointless. How slow is this thing? The Clones can walk faster and there is no saddle/harness so if this bug can crawl up a wall or plant gravity will settle in.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Well everything to me is overpriced with SW right now.  I actually like the Gelagrub myself.  I just don't know if I will plunk down the $25 right now to buy it.  I just want some other items first.  Well several others in fact.  I kind of wonder if Hasbro will actually release that Luke from Resurgence of the Force battlepack.  Didn't one of the Q&A's say recently that he does not sell all that well?  Or was I not paying attention?  They released him 5000 other times before in that outfit so you think they would but then again they never did with the VOTC Luke.  I don't really remember the 30th anniversary one sitting around that much. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2009, 03:24 PM »
They more or less said Jedi/Pilot Luke sells better than the farm boy version which I can believe. You know that pack is going to be one of the most heavily repacked Battle Packs ever. You would not believe how much repacking goes on in Joe. This is one ripe for repacks.

I am sure at some point he will be repacked. I have two of these sets on preorder I hope the 3P0 has the restraining bolt in production. It was shown at SDCC but not the press shots, that will make this a tolerable sets for repacks. I do not mind having these for a dedicated crew for the Falcon.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2010, 12:38 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/