Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 52857 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2009, 12:17 PM »
The Geonosis Assault battle pack is reshipping with the new Battle Packs.  I saw it in the red packaging along with the Battle for Endor and Gelagrub Patrol packs.  I think the CW Rishi Moon Outpost pack may be shipping with these, too.

Has ANYONE spotted these at any retail outlets other than a TRU?

We have had 0 market penetration here so far...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2009, 02:06 PM »
I've seen the Geonosis Assault packs (with the gun bubble) at one of the Wal Mart stores in my area.  There was only one and it was in the blue & white packaging.  I purchased two of the same pack over a month ago at TRU.  I have not seen the other battle packs in my area yet, but have not been looking too hard.  Lots of Jabba ones and some others from earlier this year.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2009, 02:23 PM »
I saw a Rishi pack at WM the other day so they are getting them in too. I got a case of new Battle Packs from BBTS last night. The case had: x1 Geo Bubble, x1 Endor Pack, x1 Grub and x1 Rishi

The Endor pack is by far the best one of the three new ones, even the revised Luke is nice. The Grub is really dumb, a pretty useless BP overall but the Clone is nice. He even has newly tooled blasters, but like many of the new vehicles/figures the deco is just not there. The Geo Bubble is a reissue but very nice and I am returning the Rishi pack for a Geo Bubble that I picked up. So I did not open that one.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Jack, thanks for that report!

Now I have a reason to start hitting up the Walmarts again...starting tonight!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07 AM »
Got the gelagrub set...  The Clone's nice enough and has a ball-jointed torso which is nice and unexpected actually.  The pauldron's awkward though. 

I stand by my opinion on the updated Bly would've made this set a must-have whereas it's a rough one to stomach for me at this point.  The grub's nice, but it's roto-cast (a relatively cheaper/cost-saving process compared to something complex like the Yavin IV sled), the Trooper's not entirely new, and this really just stings due to the beast's simplicity to me.

It's not great for the price.  For $20 I probably would've tracked a second down at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2009, 06:44 PM »
I hope to get the Endor set soon! I never buy BPs since they're so pricy, but this is an exception!  :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Found the Endor Battlepack tonight, and Gelagrub as well, at K-Mart...  Not shocking to some as KM generally gets in stuff that's maybe tough to track down elsewhere, but the shocker was they're actually competitively priced on this line!  Not much else of course, but $24+ was the cost on the battlepack, just over $25 after tax, so if you're hunting down these new ones I recommend stopping into your local cluster**** K-Mart!

My neice just got a job at one.  I wonder what the employee discount is?   :-X
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:33 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2009, 08:34 AM »

Found the Endor Battlepack tonight, and Gelagrub as well, at K-Mart...  Not shocking to some as KM generally gets in stuff that's maybe tough to track down elsewhere, but the shocker was they're actually competitively priced on this line!  Not much else of course, but $24+ was the cost on the battlepack, just over $25 after tax, so if you're hunting down these new ones I recommend stopping into your local cluster**** K-Mart!

Now if Target would just join the party.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06 AM »
The blue boxed BP's are in no short supply around here. Makes me a bit concerned about the new ones arriving. But then again, the holiday is upon us.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Just a quick reminder -

#1 - This thread is for discussion of LEGACY COLLECTION Battle Packs, not for bitching about how much it sucks that you can't find Clone Wars Battle Packs.  If you want to discuss the Clone Wars BPs, please go to the Clone Wars forum.

#2 - This thread is for discussion of LEGACY COLLECTION Battle Packs, not for bitching/discussion the way your significant other affects your collecting habits.  If you want to rave/complain/mock your significant other and the effect they have on your ability to collect toys, please take it to the existing thread.

Thanks!  :-*
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:30 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2009, 02:53 AM »
Can anyone who has the new Endor BP - is the Jedi Luke the new Legacy Collection Luke with a Poncho and Helmet or is it an older base-sculpt figure?

I'm hoping it's the new Jedi Luke with the extra Endor gear, but I don't think that will be the case...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2009, 05:59 AM »
Can anyone who has the new Endor BP - is the Jedi Luke the new Legacy Collection Luke with a Poncho and Helmet or is it an older base-sculpt figure?

I'm hoping it's the new Jedi Luke with the extra Endor gear, but I don't think that will be the case...

It's partly the TAC Jedi Knight version with the TSC accessories, but he also has a new removable tunic and belt.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I'm surprised the Endor Luke includes the unflared lightsaber. It makes sense since the accessories were from TSC, but a quick-lightsaber swap is in order.  ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2009, 03:40 PM »
I found the Gelagrub with 327th Clone today.

Two.  Thumbs.  Down.

Definitely not worth anything close to $25 plus tax.

The gelagrub is sculpted too small, and oddly shaped too.  It's kinda long and skinny and stretched out but just too underscaled overall.  This thing bombs bigtime.  I had a spot all cleared out on my shelf next to my 327th squad, and now I'm decided I'm going to used a huge mound of sculpy and just do this guy myself.  I know I can do better than Hasbro on this.

Just take a look at how bad Hasbro flopped on this one.  First, a clone on gelagrub from the movie.  Notice the overall size of the gelagrub head, and how far the clone is off the ground on it's back, how high he is:

Now, look at Hasbro's version.  Notice how underscaled and smallish it is, and how the clone is practically on the ground:

Big fat "F" on this one.

And I'll let it go now due to the AT-ST high not having worn off yet.  The chicken walker is so good, I'll let the gelagrub go.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:44 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2009, 04:32 PM »
I found the Gelagrub with 327th Clone today.

Two.  Thumbs.  Down.

Definitely not worth anything close to $25 plus tax.

I gotta agree with you on your entire review. Though I love the oddball item in my collection, this thing just didn't cut it. The sculpt of the bug is decent, but as you noted it's tremendously underscaled and Hasbro failed to replicate the translucent, "glowing" look. Had this set included an additional trooper (or two) I could have forgiven the small size of the slug. But as it is, the slug takes up barely any space in the box and looks pathetic with the clone riding it.

Whereas the Geonosis Assault set is passable, (Yeah, I know some of you will disagree) the Gelagrub would have been best suited for the Deluxe assortment.

Also, in case any of you are on the fence with this or any current BPs, hit up your local K-Mart. Not only are they stocking the new "red box" wave, but they are also on sale for $20 a pop.