Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 52858 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2009, 05:28 PM »
I found the Gelagrub with 327th Clone today.

Two.  Thumbs.  Down.

Definitely not worth anything close to $25 plus tax.

How on Earth did H think this has a $25 value  ???  This should have been in their overpriced Deluxe lineup.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2009, 06:54 PM »
It's partly the TAC Jedi Knight version with the TSC accessories, but he also has a new removable tunic and belt.

Cool - thanks for the reply.

I took a look at the pictures on the link above and I gotta say - I may have to pick up another Legacy Jedi Luke and swap that figure in to make an "ultimate" Endor Gear Luke.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2009, 12:19 AM »
Well, Hasbro has insinuated in their recent Q/A that the BP line will change format starting 2010. I hope the realistic-figure packs don't get too kid-friendly (like the upcoming TCW packs). I hope they still include a fresh variety of new figures instead of some version of Vader or Luke in every set.  :P
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2009, 09:15 AM »
My wild fantasy is to see the Tantive IV re-released with new SA RFT's.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2009, 07:50 AM »
I opened up the two Gelagrub Patrol BPs I got to add to my Felucia squad.

I know a lot of folks aren't too keen on this set, but I kinda like it. For me it's something "different" and it's also a creature I never thought we'd get. It's also cool that they put the ball jointed hips and soft-goods into the Star Corps figure. I'd love to see them update Commander Bly this way and release him as a basic figure. Come to think of it - they should have used the pelvis, legs and soft goods to update the Commander Deviss that just came out.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:38 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Man, I just can't seem to find this set. I'm only looking for one though. Hopefully it will be around here soon. With Hasbro's penchant for reissuing things, my hopes are that if I don't catch it this time, that I will another.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2009, 12:41 AM »
I'm hoping these new BPs hit around December. Are the Tatooine Ambush and Vader's Birth sets due out in 2010, or December '09?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 9, 2009, 09:21 AM »
I opened up the Slug and Endor packs. Sure the slug pack is waaaay over priced, but I still like it. Wont get more than the one though. The Endor pack is really cool though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 9, 2009, 10:47 AM »
I finally got a Gelargub set through an online retailer for just over $20, plus shipping. Still overpriced. Not a fault of the retailer either, it's all Hasbro on this one for their MSRP.

I haven't taking it out of the package yet. Likely won't for some time either.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 9, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Found the new BPs (Gelabrub, Geonosis Gun thingy...). I noticed that the Geonosis assault set was under the 'The Clone Wars' logo, instead of Legacy Collection.' :o Weird.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2009, 06:12 PM by Jabba the Slug »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 9, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Found the new BPs (Gelabrub, Geonosis Gun thingy...). I noticed that the Geonosis assault set was under the 'The Clone Wars' logo, instead of Legacy Collection.' :o Weird.

You must have come across an old one in the Blue/White packaging then. The ones shipping now are in the Red/White packaging and have been corrected with The Legacy Collection label. I grabbed 2 of the TCW ones because I wanted these bad boys for my gunships and it was an easy way to justify the expense.

I saw the Kamino conflict BP for the first time tonight at TRU...some pretty weak sculpts, IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2009, 12:22 AM »
I grabbed 2 of the TCW ones because I wanted these bad boys for my gunships and it was an easy way to justify the expense.

Do not feel bad at all. I bought 12 sets to outfit all of my gunships. Two of which I have no room to display.........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2009, 09:39 AM »
I grabbed 2 of the TCW ones because I wanted these bad boys for my gunships and it was an easy way to justify the expense.

Do not feel bad at all. I bought 12 sets to outfit all of my gunships. Two of which I have no room to display.........

I used to be like you...