Author Topic: Figure variations  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Figure variations
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:19 PM »
Does anyone know of a site that has a good list of figure variations in the modern line?  I don't mean every little tiny carded thing, but sculpt and major paint changes... like Tan Vest Jedi Luke vs. Black Vest - or the Blue coat / brown coat Hans... blue pants / brown pants endor Han.

That sort of thing?

I wasn't sure where else to put this - but now that the room is re-done I'm thinking about getting more into these major variations.  I've got some, but I doubt I have them all by any stretch. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Figure variations
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:30 PM »
I imagine POTF2.com is your best bet for all of the modern lines.

The checklists here have separate variation lists, but only to the first year of the Saga line (Thomas Grey's work, not mine).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 01:48 AM »
I have an Excel list of regular figs and major variations dating back to POTF2.  I'm betting the list has 99% of all the major variations that have popped up.  I'm running through now and changing the format on a few things*, but it should be ready in a week or two if anyone wants an Excel based customizable checklist for their stuff.

Justin

*I'm fixing it so that you can easily filter on all versions of a single character (i.e. Luke Skywalker and all the versions of Luke that have been made since 1995.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 02:06 AM »
this will be  a very cool thing to see. i tried to collect variations but only if i can get them at retail. Lee's toy review magazine has articles on things like this and with pictures highlighting the actual variation as well as a checklist of the figure line...
He's no good to me open

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 11:37 AM »
I'd definitely be interested in that list, it sounds like it would be most helpful.