Author Topic: TRU Clone Wars ARC-170 (Wampa's Head)  (Read 11483 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Clone Wars "Wampa" ARC-170
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Awesome, loving the sticker. I'd rather not apply them in this case.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Wow - for $45 we get a Wampa Head Sticker?!?

At least with the "Lucky Lekku" Gunship that is printed/stamped on the mold and has a cool weathered look that you'd never get with a sticker.

Definitely going to space out buying this guy - perhaps make sure I get my MIB one now and then wait for sales/discounts/whatever closer to the holidays to pick up a second one - you know this puppy will be around for a while.

Does TRU have any other exclusives or vehicles coming out soon? If not then yeah, this thing will be around for a while. Heck, just the other day I saw more White TIEs and the STAP attack and Hoth Patrol battle packs. Not exactly running through those too quickly. Not to mention the fact that I can still easily pick up the Holo Grievous figure too.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Definitely going to space out buying this guy - perhaps make sure I get my MIB one now and then wait for sales/discounts/whatever closer to the holidays to pick up a second one - you know this puppy will be around for a while.

I don't believe I've ever seen TRU clearance any Star Wars stuff ever. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 04:50 AM »
Actually, when TRU has a "sale" it's usually something like spend $X and get ABC for free. Like a buy-two-get-one-free kind of deal.

But that's kinda mute now - I just got TRU's "Biggest Toy Book Ever" and on the back of mine there were three coupons:

$10 off a purchase of $100 or more valid 10/26 - 11/30
$10 off a purchase of $100 or more valid 12/1 - 12/31
Free $10 Gift Card with a purchase of $75 or more valid 10/26 - 11/30

Since I also still need to pick up some Wave 1 Saga Legends to finish off that sub-line, I can always pick up one or two of them each time I make a purchase just to push me over the threshold to qualify, so for example...

Purchase #1:  Score two of the "Wampa" ARC-170 ($90) and throw in two Saga Legends figures ($16) as soon as I see the ARC exclusive - get $10 off that purchase. Since I need to get the figures anyway, as I see it that brings the ARCs down to $40 each instead of $45.

Purchase #2: Score one each of the V-Wing and Hailfire Droid exclusives (guessing $60 there), so throw in another two Saga Legends figures ($16) and use the other coupon that expires at the end of November to get a free $10 gift card. (Here I'm hoping that the stores will get those exclusives before the end of the November)

Purchase #3: Once December 1st rolls around, score my opener Hailfire Droid and V-Wing Repaints which again assuming the price is $30 each and I'm sure by that time I'll easily be able to score some new Comic 2-packs or the two battle packs that are just hitting now or anything else that may have hit like TLC Wave 4 or TCW Wave 3, etc... to bring that purchase up to anything over $110, so I can use the $10 gift card AND the $10 off coupon.

So it's not really a "sale" but it's $30 worth of savings that I can get if I spread the purchases around. That's all I meant.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 04:51 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Picked this one up. I kind of like those ships, though, they are huge.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 05:15 PM »
So can someone scan in that wampa head sticker for me?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 09:10 AM »
So can someone scan in that wampa head sticker for me?

Sent you a PM. I should be able to do that.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Great. Thanks for the stickers. I'll keep them around in case anyone wants them for customizing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours