Author Topic: CW "B'omarr Monestary Assault" Battle Pack  (Read 7844 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
CW "B'omarr Monestary Assault" Battle Pack
« on: September 22, 2008, 02:12 AM »
As per our front page, we got a boxed shot of the new B'Omarr Monestary Assault battlepack...

As per Hasbro's news that they'd be cutting back on figures in packs, there is a Droid Pilot missing from one of the STAP's it seems.  That's incredibly silly to me, and I honestly think the savings they're maybe getting by cutting figures from these packs is likely negligible...  I get it if it's new stuff like the "Scramble on Yavin" pack, but when it's all retooled or duplicate crap, it's lame that they eliminate it.

Regardless, here's the pic...  Clicky to check it out!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 11:14 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: B'Omarr Monestary Assault
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 06:36 AM »
Missing droid? I though Ani was intended to pilot that STAP from the beginning..
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:35 AM »
Missing droid? I though Ani was intended to pilot that STAP from the beginning..

Yep, there was a preview of this set back in Aug that showed it only having Anakin and 1 BD. I do agree that it is incredibly lame that they couldn't throw in another one since it's a repack. I guess the cost of 2 STAPs and the retooled Anakin ate up the budget for this set.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I might be interested in the STAPS, but not enough to get the figures with them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:24 PM »
That's fine, I'll leave it on the shelf like I have been with all of their other lame battle packs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I might be interested in the STAPS, but not enough to get the figures with them.

I hear ya Ant. I want the STAPs but not the figures. I'll get the set though and if anyone wants to buy/trade for the figs, I'm up for that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Since apparently these are starting to show up at retail now (I found the Shield Generator pack yesterday, so this might have been there as well), has anyone picked one up?  If so, does the Anakin figure indeed have the rumored knee articulation?  I've been sort of on the fence about this pack (although the STAPs would be nice), and I was sort of waiting to see if the Anakin was improved on or not.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Since apparently these are starting to show up at retail now (I found the Shield Generator pack yesterday, so this might have been there as well), has anyone picked one up?  If so, does the Anakin figure indeed have the rumored knee articulation?  I've been sort of on the fence about this pack (although the STAPs would be nice), and I was sort of waiting to see if the Anakin was improved on or not.

I read that Anakin does have new legs that have knee and ankles articulation. The battle droid has modified arms to grip the STAPs controls.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:09 AM by Jayson »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 09:12 PM »
I read that Anakin does have new legs that have knee and ankles articulation. The battle droid has modified arms to grip the STAPs controls.

I found this today at Target (along with the Shield Generator Attack set, which I left sitting there) and can confirm that the Anakin figure has articulated knees and ankles, as well as a totally soft goods "skirt", making this the "ultimate" animated Anakin.  The Battle Droid is a different shade of tan from the basic carded release, and the lower arms have been modified, as Jayson said, to hold the STAP controls, although the stress from the packaging and rubber bands make his legs prone to fall off.  Mine are literally held to the torso by the blue electricity accessory, or otherwise, he'd be a legless droid. 

The STAPs are the real winner of this set, though.  I always liked the STAP as a toy, and the new CIS paint job looks great on these toys.  Paying 20 bucks for two figures and two vehicles is well worth it, in my opinion, and it makes the Shield Generator set look like something of a rip-off to say the least. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 10:28 AM »
I ordered this set through HTS. I won't need the animated figures, so they will be up for trade/sale. Those not buying Anakin yet, this is a great opportunity to get an SA one. Those army building or want an extra STAP Battle droid can get this one from me.

Trades are preferred first.

Please PM me if interested.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 05:36 PM »
It's call B'Omarr Monestary Assault except there is not one B'Omarr monk in the package. Why couldn't they just call this "Flying Stap Attack"?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 08:10 PM »
It's call B'Omarr Monestary Assault except there is not one B'Omarr monk in the package. Why couldn't they just call this "Flying Stap Attack"?

Have you seen the movie? I think it's name appropriately.  ;)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15 PM »

Uhhhh....there was not one B'Omarr monk in the movie. :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 10:03 PM »

Uhhhh....there was not one B'Omarr monk in the movie. :P

I have yet to see the movie, so the name is spoiler IMO.   ;)

Why don't they just call it "Star Wars Battle Pack #37" like they do with the comics?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 12:17 AM »

I have yet to see the movie, so the name is spoiler IMO.   ;)

Go see it already! You know you want to.

The Battle Droid is a different shade of tan from the basic carded release, and the lower arms have been modified, as Jayson said, to hold the STAP controls, although the stress from the packaging and rubber bands make his legs prone to fall off.  Mine are literally held to the torso by the blue electricity accessory, or otherwise, he'd be a legless droid. 

I wonder if it's because the the Battle Droid is suppose to come apart (as dipicted on the back cover with its left arm and torso separated from the rest of the body). It appears that the electric arcs hold the arm and torso to the BDs legs.