Author Topic: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 46559 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones (Spring 2009)
« Reply #120 on: July 4, 2009, 11:07 AM »
I never in a million years would have caught that, but he is 6' 1" after all. However, it's not like he's Chewie or Leia.  Fraction of a point off on the anal retentive critics list, but still, an excellent figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Just got my shipment from HTS and I really like these figures!  Quick run down:

Obi-Wan:  Best AOTC Obi-Wan made.  My only gripe is I wish he came with an unlit saber (love the comlink though) and a Jedi Robe.  Luckily, I have enough robes from other figures that I can swap them out.

Tarados Gon:  Nice addition to my Jedi.  Probably should be the generic Jedi body from now on.  Just wish he too came with a robe, but since he's sort of scene specific I guess it's a pass.

Captain Typho:  Well done figure, but I now see the gripe about the size.  Fits well in my Naboo Assult Squad though...I just put him in the speeder.

Aunt Beru:  Well done figure overall....I really only purchased for the BAD part.

Uncle Owen:  See Aunt Beru.  Also, for customizers he has a nice generic body type.

HK-47:  Best BAD yet!  Can't wait to get the Anakin so I can complete him and have him out terminating meatbags!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2009, 12:10 PM »
Is there anything different about this latest ARC Trooper in terms of paint or sculpt from previous versions or is it a straight repack?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2009, 12:15 PM »
Is there anything different about this latest ARC Trooper in terms of paint or sculpt from previous versions or is it a straight repack?

There are some slight weathering details that are different, but essentially it's a repack.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2009, 02:48 PM »
Anyone happen to have an exact breakdown of the repacks of this wave, with their droid parts?

I managed to get the wave, and some extras for customizing, and I'd like another HK-47 or two if I can manage building them.  Army builders welcome, but really any repack is at this stage just out of something different.

BTW Obi-Wan may be my favorite Jedi figure ever.  It's incredible.

And HK is without a doubt my favorite BAD figure.  Incredible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2009, 04:11 PM »
It think they breakout like this:

Spacetrooper - Left Arm 

Hoth Rebel Trooper - Right Arm
Clone Pilot - Left Leg
Anakin Skywalker (EII Evo) - Head & blaster
ARC Trooper - Right Leg
Jango Fett - Torso

Edit: fixed the arm pairing for the Hoth Trooper and Spacetrooper
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:09 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2009, 04:47 PM »
This is a nice wave. My two gripes so far are that Typho's wrists don't stay on too well and that Beru's eye color is wrong.  :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2009, 06:07 PM »

There are some slight weathering details that are different, but essentially it's a repack.

Thanks.

As for this wave... I've found everything except Anakin and Obi-wan.  So far my only gripe is Owen's puffy coat.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2009, 07:56 PM »
It think they breakout like this:

Spacetrooper - Right Arm 

Hoth Rebel Trooper - Left Arm
Clone Pilot - Left Leg
Anakin Skywalker (EII Evo) - Head & blaster
ARC Trooper - Right Leg
Jango Fett - Torso

Hoth Rebel Trooper comes with the Right arm - I just picked this up today along with AOTC Obi-Wan and Owen/Beru. I agree with Jesse, Obi-Wan is the best Jedi figure ever without a doubt and also the best Obi-Wan figure ever, the detailing is just so superb.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21 AM »
It's more than a little disconcerting that out of the eight Targets in my immediate area, only one has received any new basic figures in at least three months. Wal Mart has be continually re-stocking with wave five. I feel lucky to have gotten this wave in a store.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2009, 12:37 PM »
That's the exact same scenario here.  WM just keeps reloading wave 5, Target gets a case maybe once a month.  I went with HTS for these last couple waves, and I'm glad I did.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2009, 12:54 PM »
The figures were produced in the usual numbers, they are going to show up eventually.

The only time I have ever seen them not show up in great numbers was that last EI wave with Ascension gun Padme and Sio Bibble.  Not sure where they wound up.

Before that there was POTF2 Death Star Commando and Ree Yees.  They showed up online.

But for the last 10 years I have not missed a figure at retail.  In my area, so far only 1 Walmart has stocked Waves 6 and 7 with regularity.  But a couple years ago with that TSC Appo wave, it literally showed up en masse like 4 months after it's release, concurrent with 30 AC.

Just wait it out, you'll get all your stuff.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2009, 01:26 PM »
The figures were produced in the usual numbers, they are going to show up eventually.

Au contraire.

Sir Steve's Guide Hasbro Q&A

QUESTION:  As the first generation of TLC and Clone Wars packaging nears the end of its run, we are noticing smaller amounts of new waves hitting local stores, and odd case assortments in those waves and their revisions. The ESB wave seems to be trickling in very slowly, with many collectors not having seen it "in the wild". The AOTC wave has appeared online, but still not in stores as of June. Clone Wars wave 5 has appeared in short supply and with a case assortment that still only includes 1 of each new figure, padding shelves with existing figures that aren't in short supply and don't seem to need significant restocking, while ensuring new figures get choked out, and it seems to be continuing for the next few CW and TLC waves (we understand the Hasbro argument about not having enough new product manufacturing volume for a wave, but there seem to be less revisions to address that, and more figures not moving fast enough to make way). While we understand that there is always a retailer reset of the lines with new packaging, a holding of the breath, it seems like this year it's been a longer-term problem and many collectors are growing frustrated with the scarcity of newer figures. Are there other reasons behind the lack of new figures on shelves, is there a remedy for it before the new packaging comes in?

ANSWER:  Clone Wars continues to be a monstrous hit with kids, necessitating waves with only 1/case of the new figures and constant repacks of the "greatest hits" to ensure that the most popular characters remain in rotation. The problem has been with Legacy; with sales not where we were expecting them, the new waves are having a harder time getting in to retail since there is still a good amount of previous waves on the shelves. However, there here should be plenty of EpV to go around by now. The challenge will be with the EpII wave - we cut back production on this one and it will be the scarcest of all the Legacy waves, and we needed to give new production over to the red/white waves to make sure they get in to retail approximately late August/early Sept. If folks want to be sure they can get the complete EpII wave, we recommend one of the Internet-based suppliers as they are able to order product directly from us by the specific wave, whereas the brick and mortar retailers do not have that precision and there is no telling which stores will get it. Just as an FYI - there is no hard planogram reset date this year for Star Wars, so the new red/white packaging will flow in right after the previous waves have gone through retail, and will not be the same for all retailers depending upon stock.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Well crap.  If anyone finds an extra Anakin or Obi-wan and wants to mail them to me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2009, 01:36 PM »
That's the exact same scenario here.  WM just keeps reloading wave 5, Target gets a case maybe once a month.

My local Target hasn't gotten a single case of Legacy figures since before Christmas.  Seriously.  Saga Legends gets stocked about once a week, Clone Wars maybe once every two weeks (up until recently), and there hasn't been any new Legacy stuff since mid-December when wave 4 hit.  All they have at this point are about 10 each of Breha Organa, Yarna, Stass Allie, and 3 Bails.  Quite sad and/or irritating.

One of the two local WMs got in two cases of the wave 7 revision 1 case earlier this week (a friend had gotten a case with 2 of each new figure and split them with me in June from EE; thanks Dave!), and when I went in today, most of the figures were gone.  Astoundingly (to me, at least), there was still one of each of the 6 new figures, but no ARCs or Jangos.  Weird.

Two questions:

1.  Is the "new" Hoth Rebel Trooper shipping in the blue/white line look, or are they saving Mr. Clean Shaved HRS for a later wave in the red/white line look?

2.  Will the red/white TLC line carry the same SKU as the current blue/white TLC line (thus ensuring that the pegs full of Yarna, Breha, and Stass Allie will further prevent new figures from being ordered) or will the current blue/white TLC SKU be phased out soon?