Author Topic: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 46388 times)

Offline RogueLeader

• Youngling
  • Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones (Spring 2009)
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2009, 01:47 PM »
While I don't doubt that they are telling the truth about this wave being produced in less numbers, I don't think that makes it especially limited.  If you think of the tons and tons of previous waves we've seen out there, I think the reality is that this one was made in large numbers but just not as much as past waves.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2009, 06:14 PM »
Well I guess I temporarily take back what I said about Wave 7 for the moment, although I'll believe it when I see it.  Most of those were all new molds, and when Hasbro makes a new mold, Hasbro is gonna use a new mold till the cows come home.  They're not going to take a bath on it.  If they don't turn up in a couple months, they'll be issued again eventually.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown of repacks.

Unfortunately for me, Wave 6 is actually the scarcest one here.  Which, of course, has the Hoth Rebel in it.  Go figure.

The Wave 7 figures have now hit several WM stores, but Target's not ordering jack and or squat.  Target gets nothing new, ever.  WM it's hit and miss, as WM is.

I've seen this wave at 4 different stores though as of this weekend.  Better than Wave 6, by far.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2009, 07:44 PM »
Two questions:

1.  Is the "new" Hoth Rebel Trooper shipping in the blue/white line look, or are they saving Mr. Clean Shaved HRS for a later wave in the red/white line look?

2.  Will the red/white TLC line carry the same SKU as the current blue/white TLC line (thus ensuring that the pegs full of Yarna, Breha, and Stass Allie will further prevent new figures from being ordered) or will the current blue/white TLC SKU be phased out soon?

The second HRT and Ugnaught will show up in the new line look and the new line shares the same SKU as the Blue/White packaging as all three lines assortment numbers (TLC - 87535, SL - 87995 & CW - 87638) carry forward.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:46 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2009, 08:06 PM »
The second HRT and Ugnaught will show up in the new line look and the new line shares the same SKU as the Blue/White packaging as all three lines assortment numbers (TLC - 87535, SL - 87995 & CW - 87638) carry forward.

This may be the perfect time for me to bail on carded figs since I'm not a fan and I want to quit.  Very easy to see who's who on the pegs though so good luck folks!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2009, 02:50 AM »
My local Target hasn't gotten a single case of Legacy figures since before Christmas.  Seriously.  Saga Legends gets stocked about once a week, Clone Wars maybe once every two weeks (up until recently), and there hasn't been any new Legacy stuff since mid-December when wave 4 hit.  All they have at this point are about 10 each of Breha Organa, Yarna, Stass Allie, and 3 Bails.  Quite sad and/or irritating.

You and me both, brotha. I have two Targets in my area, one that opened in March. The only difference between the two is that the new Target has the exclusive remote droids, a few Rancors and pegs full of wave 4/5. The older Target hasn't restocked any toys since Christmas. I really need to take a picture of the toy aisles the next time I'm there, the entire toy section is as bare as when they removed all the SW toys last year in preparation of the Clone Wars launch.

Wal-Mart however has been rocking it. I can usually find all the new figures late at night but I know some people don't have that "luxury". That's how I scored my AOTC wave, but I'm sure we'll see a little more of it before the red/white packaging hits. I know the stores can't go two months with only Legends and Organas and Yarnas on the pegs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2009, 02:54 AM »
It's ironic that I've seen Wave 7 a bit now, and I've seen Wave 6 only once...  Sad.  And by "a bit", I mean I've seen Wave 7 at 4 different stores, but I've yet to see the Anakin.

Still, I saw Wave 6 only once in its entirety.  It's still rare around these parts, and I never had a snowball's chance at a silver BAD figure.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2009, 10:42 AM »

This may be the perfect time for me to bail on carded figs since I'm not a fan and I want to quit. 

Do it. I did it ending with the 30AV and have been happy ever since.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown of repacks.

Unfortunately for me, Wave 6 is actually the scarcest one here.  Which, of course, has the Hoth Rebel in it.  Go figure.

The Wave 7 figures have now hit several WM stores, but Target's not ordering jack and or squat.  Target gets nothing new, ever.  WM it's hit and miss, as WM is.

I've seen this wave at 4 different stores though as of this weekend.  Better than Wave 6, by far.  ::)

Wave 7 contains a Hoth Rebel as well. I'm in the same boat, I've seen Wave 7 in relative abundance now 4 different times, but the only evidence of Wave 6 has been the repacks from previous waves. This would seem to contradict the idea of Wave 7 being scarcer than Wave 6 - but time will tell.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2009, 06:42 PM »
Yeah I got a couple Rebel repacks, but usually they, Jango, and one other repack are gone with the Concept Anakin.  All the other Wave 7 figures are around, which implies to me a possible scalper since most of the repacks are around with most of the more abundant figures of the wave.  Concept Anakin is always long gone. :)

Fortunately I got his part with the repack so no biggie there, just an observation I've made of late since I have found these.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Yeah, wave 6 is nowhere to be found. I still lack the silver BAD piece from the Hoth Soldier (though I do have an extra HK-47 right arm to trade for it!) and I never saw the Emperor anywhere.

I did find wave 7 this last weekend out-of-town, and now I wish I would have bought the whole wave. At least I got Obi-Wan and Concept Anakin.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2009, 06:19 PM »
We've seen virtually none of Wave 6 and none of wave 7 around here locally as well.  At one time I saw one Captain Needa on the pegs at Target, but otherwise I haven't seen a single figure from either of those waves at retail.  If it wasn't for the combination of BBTS and HTS, I'd still be looking at nothing but Wave 5 figures.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2009, 08:45 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that these are the last two waves of the "old" packaging.  Just remember how hard it was to find the last waves of previous lines.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I was thinking that as well, but I'm pretty sure that they are keeping the same SKU's (and DCPI at Target) which would make that scenario less likely.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that these are the last two waves of the "old" packaging.

Yes, Hasbro said in the Q&A they cut production for Wave 7 because of the "end of the line" excuse:

Sir Steve's Guide Hasbro Q&A

QUESTION:  As the first generation of TLC and Clone Wars packaging nears the end of its run, we are noticing smaller amounts of new waves hitting local stores, and odd case assortments in those waves and their revisions. The ESB wave seems to be trickling in very slowly, with many collectors not having seen it "in the wild". The AOTC wave has appeared online, but still not in stores as of June. Clone Wars wave 5 has appeared in short supply and with a case assortment that still only includes 1 of each new figure, padding shelves with existing figures that aren't in short supply and don't seem to need significant restocking, while ensuring new figures get choked out, and it seems to be continuing for the next few CW and TLC waves (we understand the Hasbro argument about not having enough new product manufacturing volume for a wave, but there seem to be less revisions to address that, and more figures not moving fast enough to make way). While we understand that there is always a retailer reset of the lines with new packaging, a holding of the breath, it seems like this year it's been a longer-term problem and many collectors are growing frustrated with the scarcity of newer figures. Are there other reasons behind the lack of new figures on shelves, is there a remedy for it before the new packaging comes in?

ANSWER:  Clone Wars continues to be a monstrous hit with kids, necessitating waves with only 1/case of the new figures and constant repacks of the "greatest hits" to ensure that the most popular characters remain in rotation. The problem has been with Legacy; with sales not where we were expecting them, the new waves are having a harder time getting in to retail since there is still a good amount of previous waves on the shelves. However, there here should be plenty of EpV to go around by now. The challenge will be with the EpII wave - we cut back production on this one and it will be the scarcest of all the Legacy waves, and we needed to give new production over to the red/white waves to make sure they get in to retail approximately late August/early Sept. If folks want to be sure they can get the complete EpII wave, we recommend one of the Internet-based suppliers as they are able to order product directly from us by the specific wave, whereas the brick and mortar retailers do not have that precision and there is no telling which stores will get it. Just as an FYI - there is no hard planogram reset date this year for Star Wars, so the new red/white packaging will flow in right after the previous waves have gone through retail, and will not be the same for all retailers depending upon stock.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender