Author Topic: Need some ebaY help!  (Read 2377 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Need some ebaY help!
« on: June 28, 2003, 04:49 PM »
Just got this in the mail and noticed all the weapons are repo's - the seller had another auction where he stated he had repo's which leads me to believe he knows.

Even though he stated there in an e-mail prior to me paying that there were no repo's to his knowledge.

What should I do?

-Fish-
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 07:02 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Got scammed need some help!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 06:54 PM »
Well looking at the auction, he mentioned that it "is for a large lot of Star Wars figures, the figures are all complete".
He does no mention repro's. To me you should have got original weapons.
Now he had another auction that did not sell. It mentions that "this is for a large lot of Star Wars figures. The figures are not complete. I will also be including 30 mixed repo weapons in this lot".

Did you get the figures exactly as described & every figure that was shown in the picture? There is the possibility that he may have mixed them up. Then again...

Maybe he can refund you your money or send the proper weapons out to you. He gave you a Positive feedback so if the seller does nothing to satisfy you, then you can slam him with a negative.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 07:00 PM »
That sucks.  Really sorry to hear that Matthew.  But personally, I'd probably never consider buying any supposedly authentic weapons from a guy that was admittedly selling repros at the same time.  Just too risky.

When he told you they were authentic to the best of his knowledge, had you already made him aware of the fact that you knew he was also selling repros?  If not, that might've been the difference between him thinking he could try to pull a fast one on you, or thinking that I should just be honest with this buyer since he already knows that I sell repros...

I'd just contact the seller, and tell him that you received the weapons, and they are most definitely repros - no questions about it.  And for that reason, you'd like to return them to him for a full refund (including the return shipping cost).  If he plays hardball after you're initial request, I'd even drop a mild "threat" in there that you're going to rat him out to eBay for trying to pass off repros as originals.  Ebay frowns greatly on that.  Mention you'll hit him with negative feedback as well...

So just contact the guy, be polite and honest, and tell him you're not going to make a big stink about it, but that you just want your money back.  Hopefully that does the trick.  Good luck, and let us know how it goes...

Dale (DSJ) might also be able to chime in with some good advice, since he absolutely loves busting eBay scam artist like this!

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Need some ebaY help!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 07:07 PM »
UPDATE

Thanks Dale and Matt.  The seller just reimbursed me $80.00 per my request.  I'll eat the shipping and take it as a lesson learned.

Looks like it all worked out -  have a nice remainder to the weekend fellas.

-Fish-

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 07:14 PM »
Dale (DSJ) might also be able to chime in with some good advice, since he absolutely loves busting eBay scam artist like this!

D'oh!  As always, in the middle of a lengthy reply of mine, I'm beaten to the proverbial punch, and look like a doof!   :P

Glad to hear it worked out Matthew.  I never looked at the auction though, and didn't realize you were getting figures in it too...  If it was a good enough deal where you'd still really want to keep the figures, it might be worth it to you to do that, and try to track down the weapons separately, or maybe the seller could exchange some original weapons for the repros he sent you.  I'd hate to see you lose a nice handful of figures in the process as well...   :-\

You have a good weekend too Matthew, and stay the hell out of the nasty heat out there!   :'(  Or just go jump in your pool there...   8)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Need some ebaY help!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2003, 07:22 PM »
Glad that worked out for you Matthew.  Most people aren't so lucky like that.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2003, 07:27 PM »

D'oh!  As always, in the middle of a lengthy reply of mine, I'm beaten to the proverbial punch, and look like a doof!   :P

Early bird gets the worm!    :-*  :P  

Glad it all worked out Matthew. He's a zero feedback & may just be avoiding getting a negative from you. He did the right thing by giving you a refund.  Just hope the shipping cost wasn't too much.

I agree with Chris, your lucky  ;).