Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread  (Read 82119 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2009, 05:44 PM »
I thought Trespass was the best episode of the series so far, and not just because of all the awesome Snowtroopers.  Good writing, good story.  And I love the Talz.  I hope Hasbro makes some of those, but with them apparently not doing Nadarr, one has to doubt how obscure they're going to get with the line.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 1, 2009, 12:02 AM »
So far I go with this mature episoe & rookies.

Sooner or later we will see this guy in action...can't wait to see the chapter  :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #227 on: February 1, 2009, 11:41 PM »
I thought the nod to McQuarrie concept snowtroopers was a great touch. They even use the same concept helmet markings on Rex.

Does anyone else think there may have been a subtle nod to the whole blue/brown Han coat debate too.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2009, 11:51 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 1, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Yes Filoni stated that in one of the clips...

Now I'm interested to find the illustrated book where they said they took inspiration of/for  McQuarrie snowees & troopers for Trespass. I bet its an out of print book  ::)  :)

They said Ep V Hoth was not faithfull to the illustrations & lands cuz in the mov was based in real locations not CG etc.<--- Sorry for my brocken english.

Love the concept art:

« Last Edit: February 2, 2009, 01:03 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 2, 2009, 09:48 AM »
"Trespass" may have been my favorite episode yet, or at least in the top few.  The Hoth sequences are some of my favorites parts of Star Wars in general, so that might have something to do with it.  The clone snowies looked pretty cool, and I even liked the "cold weather" get up for Obi-Wan and Anakin.  Nice use of the Talz species in here too.  I hope we see toys of all this stuff, including the speeders, very cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: February 2, 2009, 05:02 PM »
My only gripe is that the Talz were established as being off-world already, so that taints EU a little.  I'm sorta putting these as like Humans coming from a variety of planets.  Talz and other species maybe evolved on various planets...  Still though, there's a Talz Jedi in the original CW, and now they were just discovered during the CW?  That was a continuity snaffu.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #231 on: February 2, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Also of note that the bio for Baron Papanoida (Lucas in smurf disquise from EIII) has been retconned to make him of the same species as the Pantorans.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: February 2, 2009, 08:29 PM »
I wonder if he becomes the next control freak ******* to take over their race?  It'd fit his personality even.  Cute tie-in. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 3, 2009, 02:32 PM »
The only thing about this episode I didn't like was the fact that they chose Talz for this story. I know Lucas has no need to adhere to established EU, which includes Foul Moudama as a Talz Jedi, but as Jesse James said, they could be an isolated, primitive population of the species. It just seems dialogue could have been changed only slightly and fixed everything. They didn't have to be called creatures, and if Obi-Wan had mentioned encountering Talz before, it would have been more believable that he would be able to negotiate a meeting.

Otherwise, everything was pretty cool.

Sorry for my brocken english.

What's your native language? I'm certain you speak English better than I speak your language, even if it's one I've studied, so no worries. Anyone who learns this crazy language after their own language has my respect.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #234 on: February 3, 2009, 07:03 PM »
I've often found foreign folks usually speak better English than Americans do, so don't feel bad Theta.

About the Talz...  Yeah, I was disappointed, but I'm really to the point that I consider Star Wars not much different than Star Trek...  Lots of species that look/sound/act the same, but from different planets.  My Star Wars has Jawas being indigenous to a number of planets...  Humans are indigenous to a number of planets, etc.  Corellia, Naboo, Alderaan, etc. all have indigenous humans...  Other species can have that too...  Some are less common, some have small differences (extra set of eyes, or like ST they have maybe just slightly different physical features like pointy ears or a ridge on their nose, spots, or something).  That's just how I've come to accept things...  The Talz have "cousins" that haven't evolved past a more primitive state, but there are Talz from a more evolved planet out there cruising the galaxy, becoming Jedi, and just livin' it large like any other advanced species.

It helps me sleep at night with these continuity errors nobody gives a **** about.

In turnabout though, I think it's cool that Baron Papanoidia is now part of that Chairman Cho guy's species.  Cool tie-in there, and adds something to Lucas' character...  sorta.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 5, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Newsarama has a preview clip up from this week's episode, "Hidden Enemy".  From what I understand this is a "prequel" episode to the Clone Wars movie.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 5, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Prequel to the prequel of that one prequel that was the third sequel from the series of prequels. Oh boy, this is getting fun!   ;D

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 5, 2009, 11:53 PM »
Newsarama has a preview clip up from this week's episode, "Hidden Enemy".  From what I understand this is a "prequel" episode to the Clone Wars movie.

Exactly, also perhaps thats why there was not Ashoka Tano in Trespass, finaly we will understand the movie better. Now I know that all chapter are "not" in alphabetical order, could be 2 or 3 but not all.

PS: these guys are  George Lucas "wanna bessss" by going back & foward  ;D
« Last Edit: February 8, 2009, 08:24 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 7, 2009, 08:16 AM »
That Haircut says it all right  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™