Author Topic: Indy 5-New Figures?  (Read 13652 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Indy 5-New Figures?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I like Crystal Skull.  I don't know why people are hard on it.  Sure it wasn't Raiders, but nothing ever will be.  It's a pretty fun little film, and while it's not 100% succesful, I still enjoy it's breezy sense of humor, and Ford is excellent.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 11:12 PM »
I thought it was pretty successful, actually. :)  It put Ford in the top spot for highest paid actors last year, so it couldn't have been "bad".

The toy line wasn't successful...  That I partly blame Hasbro for, more than the movie.  Sadly, I think it's not just that it's no Raiders...  It's also no Temple, and to most I think it's also no TLC...  That's how I viewed it, and I actually enjoyed it too Mike.  It's just not on par with the other 3 films at all though.  Ford's always good as Indy, that's a given...  There was some pretty dumb **** in it though that knocked it down many pegs to me, but it was fun enough.

No clue who the baddies are gonna be in a 5th movie though.  The Russians weren't as cool as the Nazis were.  You just hated them more for some reason.  You almost felt bad for some of the Russians.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 12:05 AM »
I liked the movie a lot too speedermike.  I think people are way too hard on it. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:20 PM »
I actually enjoyed the movie a fair amount as well, and I've watched it a couple of times on DVD too.  Sure, it isn't anywhere near Raiders (or any of the "OT" of Indy, to me) - but it is still a fun watch overall.  The alien stuff was maybe a little out there compared to previous Indy movies, and the whole monkey part sort of makes me cringe - but I still liked it enough to hope they do make another one before Ford is in his 80s. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 02:12 PM »
I think I'm one of the few people that liked the Monkey thing.  To me, it was right out of something you'd see in TOD.  It was absurd, but at the same time I liked it.

The alien thing was ok to me, other than the last few minutes.  I thought some of that was overdone. 

But hey, it was still Indy to me, but is all its own in a way.  I thought Harrison Ford was at his absolute best in this one.  Really, he did an amazing job.  Mutt was great and so was Oxley.  Marion wasn't bad, but I wasn't that impressed.  The Russians were a bit of a letdown though and Mac wasn't all that great. 

Overall I think this was in league with TOD.  Not Raiders or Last Crusade good of course, but by no means awful.  I am absolutely pulling for 1-2 more of these.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 12:01 AM »
I enjoyed the movie for the most part and will overlook almost everything except the blatant attempt to have Shia Leboeuf replace Harrison Ford as the heir apparent.  Let it die.  If you can get another out of Ford, I'm supportive.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 03:04 AM »
I enjoyed the movie for the most part and will overlook almost everything except the blatant attempt to have Shia Leboeuf replace Harrison Ford as the heir apparent.  Let it die.  If you can get another out of Ford, I'm supportive.

Well said...

LeBouf with the sword thing (trying, so so hard, to replace the whip, eh?), the monkey vine thing, and any myriad of other window-licking events int he movie really hurt it.  And almost all were around Shia's character.  He had his moments, but he's better as Jones' sidekick.  The new short round...  only more able to fist fight people.

If Ford's in I'll go see it and enjoy it probably.  If it's all Shia...  Oofah.  :'(

However...

I welcome any and all attempts to get the toy line back to retail, even if it is short-lived again and only delivers us a couple new waves (including that last unreleased wave).  That would rawk bawlz.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 09:21 AM »
In case you missed it in the NYT story:

“I’m retiring,” Lucas said. “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.”
He was careful to leave himself an out clause for a fifth “Indiana Jones” film. But otherwise, “Red Tails” will be the last blockbuster Lucas makes. “Once this is finished, he’s done everything he’s ever wanted to do,” says Rick McCallum, who has been producing Lucas’s films for more than 20 years. “He will have completed his task as a man and a filmmaker.”
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:21 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Colonel Dietrech & Marcus, here we come!