Author Topic: CW "Jabba's Palace" Battle Pack  (Read 21104 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:42 PM by Jeff »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Jabba the Hutt Battle Pack.
« Reply #1 on: October 6, 2008, 08:13 AM »
I hope this means the ROTJ set is not far behind.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2008, 12:35 PM »
I think this might be out in time for the holidays.  And it seems that the ROTJ version is likely to be a Q4 2009 release.  It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have Jabba competing against himself at retail.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 6, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Very cool, I can't wait!

What would make this perfect is if they included the stretcher with the 'returning bounty hunters.' :D 
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2008, 11:18 PM »
I bet it includes a repainted 3PO translator, and either Anikin or a new guard figure.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2008, 09:09 AM »

Seriously. An animated Jabba before a decent movie set?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2008, 12:10 PM »
I know.  I want a really good ROTJ Jabba.  And thankfully that seems to be in the works.  But I guess Hasbro is trying to capitalize on Jabba playing such a prominent role in THE CLONE WARS feature film.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 7, 2008, 01:28 PM »

Ya know!

I think Hasbro is going to take it in the ...s on the Clone Wars animated line. Those figures are stinking up pegs all over. Granted the show just came out but it's at 9pm! Great for adults, but what about the young kids for which the toys are geared towards. I'm sure there is a percentage of 6-9 year olds who are not up at that time, even on a Friday. So they don't get the chance to see the show, therefore don't have a desire for the toys. The cartoon movie by the standards of the live action movies was a huge dud.

I look forward to the animated line drying up next year. Back to the basics please. REALISTIC style figure.

No freakin' way should we get an animated Jabba before an ultimate movie realistic Jabba.

I'm jedi_master_sal and I approve this message.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2008, 01:28 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 7, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Kind of cool that they're making this, and I'm definitely in the boat that's happy that Hasbro has pretty much confirmed we'll see a realistic one in the future (likely next year).  Hopefully, when that happens, we'll see them go all out with a dais and everything.  If anything, the animated one might give us a better chance of seeing a dais like that - since Hasbro can justify packing it with both the animated and realistic versions (or if not packing it in the battle pack, releasing it in the future).  Plus, it could be realistic style just like the vehicles have been.

On the other point that jedi_master_sal brought up, do you think the Clone Wars line will be drying up within a year or so?  From what I've read, the series got big ratings for CN last week, so if that continues it could really help the line.  I could probably pick up almost any of the Animated Wave 1 at retail around here (with Rex and Yoda being the toughest finds), but the same could be said of the Legacy stuff as well (at least around here) for the most part - so I'm not sure how to judge the sales of these figures.  Personally, I'm in the minority where I'm buying both lines right now - but I'd be fine if they had done these in realistic style in the first place as well.  If it transitioned over to that, that would be just fine with me.  I am curious how the lines are doing overall though, and if there is a big difference between the two.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 7, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I think I would be interested in a Jabba battle pack.  It is a little surprising they are doing an animated version first, but then again, they probably can reuse the dias again with a realistic version, right?

As for the Clone Wars figs stinking up the pegs, I think its the first Legacy Legends figs and the Legacy Wave with Yarna that are responsible for that around my area.  I've actually had a hard time finding the latest was of Clone Wars figs, and the only ones I see in any great number is the Clone Trooper and R2-D2, other than that they seem to be selling pretty well.  I think they'd do better if the stors did a better job of separating the figures by series, but the sure are moving...
I am not the Stig

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 7, 2008, 07:17 PM »

I thought Hasbro mentioned in a Q&A we were getting a decent ROTJ next year.  Or maybe I was just dreaming.  If so I will definately skip this one.  I probably would have anyway. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 8, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I think you're right, Broem. However, we still might get the animated one before the movie one. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 8, 2008, 12:01 PM »
We'll get an animated one with dias, and we'll get a realstic one with really sweet articulation but no dias so we'll be screwed.  :-\
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 8, 2008, 03:00 PM »
I don't want to buy a battle pack to get Jabba, I hope the ROTJ one will be a single figure
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2008, 07:44 PM »
I hope the ROTJ one will be a single figure

Yeah, when Mustafar freezes over. ::)  ;)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!