Author Topic: CW "AT-TE Assault Squad" Battle Pack  (Read 11295 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 11:14 AM by Jeff »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: AT-TE Assault Squad Battle Pack.
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2008, 11:29 PM »
Hmmnnn...anyone else hear anything about this?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2008, 01:30 PM »
Yet another animated pack I'll be passing.

Down with the Animated line!
BRING ON THE REALISTIC FIGURES!!!!!

I'm jedi_master_sal and I approve this message because we can't afford to have two seperate lines of figures in today's economy.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2008, 02:01 PM »

I'm jedi_master_sal and I approve this message because we can't afford to have two seperate lines of figures in today's economy.

So, would you be buying more or less if they produced realistic styled CW figures? It sounds like you're saving money having the 2 separate lines.   ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2008, 02:08 PM »
My own prediction for this set?

-Clone Pilot
-Clone in Tank Gunner gear (black pauldron)
-2 x Clone Troopers (probably some kind of markings)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 9, 2008, 09:12 AM »

So, would you be buying more or less if they produced realistic styled CW figures? It sounds like you're saving money having the 2 separate lines.   ;)

Oh yes, I AM saving money. However the scant few animated characters that I like and would want to get wouldn't break the bank for me. I'm not massively army building anymore, just squads. So phase 1 clones with legion markings would only make a slight dent and there are just a few main characters so far to get. Dooku, Palatine, Asaaj have been covered, so no need to buy them again. Ani and Obi in their semi-clone gear might be cool in realistic style. I surely want a realistic Ahsoka and she is one of the ones I'm considering even for the animated version.

I understand why Hasbro did this to a point. Instead of rereleasing the same figures, Clone; Dooku; Asaaj; Palatine; various Jedi; etc. in realistic style that most of us already ahve and would therefore not buy again, they give them to us in a new style. All the while knowing that a good percentage of us WOULD buy into that line. Those of us who haven't, wouldn't have anyway and again would most likely only buy those NEW characters.

So I think Hasbro thought this was an acceptable risk to try a new line. In my area BOTH lines are stinking up the pegs and I haven't seen the second wave of Animated at all, whereas I have at least seen the third wave for the Legacy line. Having both lines compete against each other is really a bad thing, IMO. Hasbro took the risk, the movie didn't do all that well. The TV show may be doing fine, but it doesn't seem to yet be drawing out the kiddies to buy up the figs.

Unfortunately we have to look at this realistically as well...the economy in the next several months is going to continue to take a hit until it all gets sorted out. So that means less to spend on toys for everyone in general. If I were in the position to do so, I'd pull back the animated line after next year, maintain the realistic line. Then when specific NEW characters from the animated show show up, make just those figures single carded both in animated and realistic style. Or even better in some respects, have the new animated character's animated version in a battle pack with clones or battle droids/super battle droid depending on the character's affiliation. This will not only get people to buy into the new character buy get more troops and profit Hasbro and the retailers more. By single carding the new animated characters in realistic style, those of us who ONLY want the new characters are forced to buy more unwanted figures (the same can be said for animated as well of course).

Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 11:30 AM »
:o :o :o :o  :o :o
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:40 PM by Jeff »
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: CW "AT-TE Assault Squad" Battle Pack
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 01:48 AM »
Wow, they are not shy about packing in weapons these days.  Looks like a cool set!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 12:25 PM »
HOLY CRAP! That's very cool, especially the gunner. This is one battle pack I will gladly pick up. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 08:38 AM »
This will definitely be a popular set.

Too bad for them, that my realistic 501st Clones have taken over the open AT-TE!  ;D

I'll still pick up two of this set just for the army builder nature of the set and the spare weapons. Maybe one day I'll have a second AT-TE opened.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 01:58 PM »
Are the gray clones the same as the speeder ones?
Any idea when we'll see this out?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 8, 2009, 01:23 AM »
We got a shot of the AT-TE Assault Squad packaged this evening...

Nothing we haven't seen already but it reinforces how nice the pack actually is.  That's a lot of cool extras you get there.

I'd dig it if Hasbro gave us extra weapons in battlepacks, to at least make up some of the loss of that 5th figure.  I know I'd love it if I got some cool blasters like the Rebel Blaster, maybe the Rebel Rifle, and perhaps some other gear.  I know if they made NEW (IE: Better) Sandtrooper guns/gear, I'd love getting extras of them since all the gear till this point kinda sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Why can't the basic line get a pack like that? All troopers, no extra useless figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 01:52 PM »
What do you mean? This is in the mass-retail BP assortment. Unless you mean realistic guys?
I think the closest things we've gotten in realistic form were the EE Clone sets and the BF II sets.
I know I'd be game for a 4-pack of clones, storm troopers, or even battle droids with a load of weapons. 4 Stormies, 5 rifles, 5 blasters, and an e-web... I'd buy at least 3 packs.