Author Topic: Anakin vs. Sidious  (Read 10108 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Anakin vs. Sidious
« on: October 8, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Could Anakin have beaten Palps when he reveals himself as a Sith in his office?  There almost looks like there is fear in Palps eyes when Anakin has his saber held to him.  So what if Anakin gave into anger and darkside Anakin or not killed him, either way Palps would be dead.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Anakin vs. Sidious
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2008, 03:35 PM »
I'd say yes, he probably could have taken him right there.  However the reason there are always two Sith is because the master represents the power and the apprentice craves it.  The apprentice probably could frequently "take" the master, but the apprentice hadn't learned all they could have from the master, so the master is still needed.  At that point Anakin still needed the knowledge that Palps claimed to possess, so they both knew (at lease Palps hoped) Anakin wouldn't try to kill him them.

A fair fight might have been more of a toss up though.  Remember Obi-Wan gets sent to fight Anakin, because he couldn't stand a chance against Palps.  Then Palps doesn't move to help Vader until he's already wounded, that way he'd be less of a threat to Palps.

And of course if the apprentice tries to kill the master and instead gets killed themselves, the master picks a new apprentice.
I am not the Stig

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2008, 04:15 PM »
I'd say yes, he probably could have taken him right there.  However the reason there are always two Sith is because the master represents the power and the apprentice craves it.  The apprentice probably could frequently "take" the master, but the apprentice hadn't learned all they could have from the master, so the master is still needed.  At that point Anakin still needed the knowledge that Palps claimed to possess, so they both knew (at lease Palps hoped) Anakin wouldn't try to kill him them.

A fair fight might have been more of a toss up though.  Remember Obi-Wan gets sent to fight Anakin, because he couldn't stand a chance against Palps.  Then Palps doesn't move to help Vader until he's already wounded, that way he'd be less of a threat to Palps.

And of course if the apprentice tries to kill the master and instead gets killed themselves, the master picks a new apprentice.

But Palps doesn't say use my knowledge I beg of you don't be a pawn of the Jed council till Anakin is already armed, if he hadn't been all lovey dovey over Padme then he'd never of had that weakness of temptation to even NEED Palps help. 

I'd have loved to see Anakin/Sids fight and Windu either comes to the rescue thinking Anakin is trying to take over or think that it's true and Palps is the Sith lord and is trying to rescue Anakin.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2008, 04:18 PM »
A three way battle between them?  Hmm, that might have added considerably more depth to that scene.  Seeing the shift in Anakin.  Though they might have needed someone with more range to show that change....
I am not the Stig

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2008, 05:05 PM »
Though they might have needed someone with more range to show that change....

Little harsh, c'mon he went from braty/whiny Jedi padawan to a Sith in training in a matter of 2 movies.  ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2009, 02:26 PM »
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but was Anakin obvlious to the dead Jedi in Palp's office before and/or after Windu took off for flight?  Wouldn't that have made him think for a second?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2009, 03:41 PM »
In the novelization, Anakin walks by the dead Jedi and looks at them for a moment before moving on.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2009, 12:16 AM »
In the novelization, Anakin walks by the dead Jedi and looks at them for a moment before moving on.

Yeah, that would be rather sick to see Kit Fisto's head smiling at him from Palpatine's desk.  >:D (in a twisted way)

Offline A.J.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 9, 2009, 04:29 PM »

Yeah, that would be rather sick to see Kit Fisto's head smiling at him from Palpatine's desk.  >:D (in a twisted way)
That would be disgusting.  :-X

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 06:05 PM »
I don't think Anakin could have defeated Palpatine. Although Lucas said Anakin could have done it were he not defeated by Obi-Wan on Mustafar, it's somewhat confusing. Think about it. Yoda couldn't do it. Only Mace Windu could have (as he almost did until Anakin decided to give Palpatine a hand; no pun intended), and does Anakin look like he can defeat Windu in a duel? He couldn't even defeat Obi-Wan at first. AND when he did defeat Obi-Wan, it was because Obi gave himself up to the Force.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 11:00 PM »
I don't think Anakin could have defeated Palpatine. Although Lucas said Anakin could have done it were he not defeated by Obi-Wan on Mustafar, it's somewhat confusing. Think about it. Yoda couldn't do it. Only Mace Windu could have (as he almost did until Anakin decided to give Palpatine a hand; no pun intended), and does Anakin look like he can defeat Windu in a duel? He couldn't even defeat Obi-Wan at first. AND when he did defeat Obi-Wan, it was because Obi gave himself up to the Force.

Anakin could not have taken Palpatine.  Anakin had raw power, but he didn't necessarily know how to tap into it the way Palpatine and Yoda and maybe even Mace could.  I think Mace truly had Palpatine on the edge of defeat - Anakin for all his prowess couldn't have taken either of them at that stage.  The fact that Obi-Wan took him down shows that he wasn't as skilled as he thought (I think its a given that Yoda could beat Obi-Wan in a duel). 

Some of the novels on the Sith suggest that they build power by feeding off misery and sorrow.  At one point, Darth Bane is dying from poison and kills three children in front of their father to regain his strength and keep the poison at bay.  I think the only reason Yoda lost to Palpatine is that he was feeding off all the misery and fear of those around him - maybe off of Yoda himself given Yoda's realization that all the Jedi including younglings had been slaughtered. 

As for edler Obi-Wan from ANH, Vader was going to win that fight.  Obi-Wan just made a choice of when to end it, but had he kept fighting he surely would have lost. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today