Author Topic: Favorite Track from the Star Wars Soundtracks?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Favorite Track from the Star Wars Soundtracks?
« on: October 9, 2008, 11:43 AM »
One thing that has always been great about the Star Wars movies is the great music of John Williams.  I've been listening to some of the soundtracks lately while working, and it got me wondering what some of the favorite "songs" or tracks are around here.  I can't point to any specifically that I don't like, but there are some that stand out.  The main theme and Imperial March go without saying obviously, as I'm sure almost everyone enjoys those.  A few other favorites:

Main Theme
Imperial March
Yoda's Theme
Yoda and the Force
The Hologram/Binary Sunset
Cantina Band
Princess Leia's Theme
TIE Fighter Attack
Emperor's Throne Room
Duel of the Fates
Battle of the Heroes

There's plenty of others to list as well, but I don't have the time right now.  Like I said, I can't point to many I don't like really - so this list could be long.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Favorite Track from the Star Wars Soundtracks?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 05:45 AM »
The Battle of Endor I- the music that plays right after Ackbar says "it's a trap!" has always been my favorite bit of music from the saga.

The Rebel Fleet/End Title- just wonderful.

Yoda and The Force- my favorite scene in the saga is when Yoda is telling Luke how he perceives the Force, and Luke not listening.

The Asteroid Field- very thrilling music. Probably the one scene that comes to mind from the entire saga where the visuals and the music are so intertwined.

There are a lot of obvious ones that I don't need to list. I find myself listening to the second disc of ROTJ more than the others, mostly because the last third of ROTJ is a great musical suite showing John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra at their best.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk