Author Topic: Millenium Falcon (prequel eco) in Clone Wars and as a toy.  (Read 13325 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Millenium Falcon (prequel eco) in Clone Wars and as a toy.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Okay, well sorry for posting this. I saw it on another forum and thought it might be a good idea. It's readily apparent that's not the majority opinion on this forum.

I won't post any further on the matter.

Apologies for wasting anyone's time on the idea.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 12:27 AM »
It's not a waste of time at all Sal.  Nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion.  Just because others don't agree with it (myself included) doesn't mean it won't happen.  Would I be disappointed if it did?  Most likely, but perhaps there's a way that none of us have thought of that could bring the Falcon into the CW that could be kinda cool.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 02:25 AM »
PURE BLASPHEMY as far as I'm concerned.   >:(

But you're certainly entitled to your opinions.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:26 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Put me down in the Hate This Idea group.  Its creative, but in a galaxy with millions or billions of ships, having Anakin own the same ship as Lando/Han doesn't make any sense.  I know Anakin is good at tweaking ship, so it might make sense from that perspective, but there are too many other flaws in it for me.

#1 I always got the sense that Han and Lando made the modifications to make the ship faster and more maneauverable.  If it was Anakin, then hat just further dilutes the character and use of anyone who's not a Jedi in the SW universe.

#2 Anakin seems to prefer fast, sleek, 1-man fighters.  It doesn't seem like a bulky, "ugly" freighter would be his vehicle of choice.

#3 Its bad enough that Vader doesn't recognize threepio.  He certainly would have recognized "his ship" aiding in the destruction of the first Death Star.  Not having any reaction to the ship in the movies if he truly owned it or had anything to do with it before is a problem.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Best idea since New Coke.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Best idea since New Coke.

Can't top that.  But honestly, I don't think anybody wants to see the BMF mold redecorated at this point, too.  Just do the one, and be done with it.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 09:11 PM »
I recall hearing that Hasbro conducted a focus group about the BMF at Comic Con.  They asked collectors what they liked about the BMF as well as asking what they would like to see done to improve the BMF.  I could only think of these things:

-The "Lando-vator"
-The electronics bay from TESB where Leia and Han smooch
-A passageway into the cockpit

New deco?  Honestly, I don't know what could be done deco-wise to make me want to buy another BMF.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 10:13 PM »
I don't know of many who would have the room for one, let alone multiple, BMF's.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 10:18 PM »
I'm not going to defend my suggestion any further, than this last comment:

The redecoed BMF would NOT be geared towards we collectors. As I eluded to, it's the KIDS that this would be redecoed for and a way to get parents to buy a large ship for them as well as get more use of the mold for Hasbro.

The redecoed version would not be marketed for us...

Now can we please stop the bleeding...lol.

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 10:20 PM »
"Yes, this is (still) horrible, this idea."

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 11:15 PM »
Okay, well sorry for posting this. I saw it on another forum and thought it might be a good idea. It's readily apparent that's not the majority opinion on this forum.

No worries from me Sal.  I don't want to see Lucas try to make the Falcon's history that important before the Han Solo days, (it makes the galaxy seem too small in my opinion)... but I think that anytime someone has an idea, it's worth discussing as that's what forums are for.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 02:38 AM »
Yeah, why not have another of the Falcon's type flying about. It's not like it's the only model ever produced. But I agree with the others about this. EU can have a stand-alone history, not necessarily being connected with someone important within the SW story.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 12:28 PM »

C'mon Sal that's what the whole point of the forums are to discuss your opinions.  I wouldn't mind a repaint version that we saw art for in ROTS I believe it had blue markings, but I wouldn't want it to play ANY SIGNIFICANT role in the show.  Maybe just a flyby like in ROTS or how they inserted the Outrider in the opening scene to Mos Eisley.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 01:25 PM »

C'mon Sal that's what the whole point of the forums are to discuss your opinions.  I wouldn't mind a repaint version that we saw art for in ROTS I believe it had blue markings, but I wouldn't want it to play ANY SIGNIFICANT role in the show.  Maybe just a flyby like in ROTS or how they inserted the Outrider in the opening scene to Mos Eisley.

I guess it's that I didn't expect overwhelming negativity to the idea.
As well I'm dealing with a huge amount of negativity on a different site I'm on, so the feeling just migrated over to this thread when the positive responses didn't happen.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 02:34 PM »

I guess it's that I didn't expect overwhelming negativity to the idea.
As well I'm dealing with a huge amount of negativity on a different site I'm on, so the feeling just migrated over to this thread when the positive responses didn't happen.

I just think most people don't want the Holy Trilogy to be touched.  I guess that's fine for some, but what sucks for some is great for others.  As long as they don't do it just for the sake of more $$$$.  The director seems to be a big fan of SW so I hope he remains that way and doesn't give into the greed.  Although I'd probably buy it but not use as the Falcon there has to be other YT-freighters of the same design out there.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge