Author Topic: Bikini waxes.....for pre-teens?!?!  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Bikini waxes.....for pre-teens?!?!
« on: October 9, 2008, 04:09 PM »
WTF?!

Waxing body hair — from the simple shaping of an eyebrow arch to the painful transformation of the bikini line — has long been a rite of passage for adult women. But now, more mothers around the U.S. are taking their tweens — kids 10 to 12 years old and some even younger — to salons to get body hair removed. 

“For waxing, 12 years old is the ‘new normal,’ ” Engle said.

The International Spa Association reports that 16 percent of teens who have visited a spa have had a hair removal procedure done, but the organization has no numbers for younger children because they aren’t allowed to survey them. Several salon owners around the country told TODAYshow.com that the number of kids 12 and under coming in for waxing services has increased dramatically over the past three years.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Bikini waxes.....for pre-teens?!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2008, 04:34 PM »
Surely this was a proposal from Barack Obama?   ???

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2008, 05:01 PM »
I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a Brazilian Wax.

;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 12:26 PM »
must be from all the crap/hormones in the food making preteens go into teens before they're supposed to.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Waxing body hair — from the simple shaping of an eyebrow arch to the painful transformation of the bikini line — has long been a rite of passage for adult women. But now, more mothers around the U.S. are taking their tweens — kids 10 to 12 years old and some even younger — to salons to get body hair removed. 

This totally complicates things for those of us who use the phrase "if there's grass on the field, play ball" as a moral compass.  >:(
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:23 PM »

This totally complicates things for those of us who use the phrase "if there's grass on the field, play ball" as a moral compass.  >:(

Look on the bright side...your sons (and daughters, possibly) won't have to deal with the "seventies bush".
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram