Author Topic: CW Y-Wing Starfighter  (Read 52828 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Y-Wing Bomber - Good Idea, or Great Idea?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 07:26 PM »
I thought the CW version of the Y-Wing looked nice, and it would be a good idea to create it as a $30 vehicle.  It was cool to see them maneuver around the space whales, the ion canon blast, and the ship Grievous was on.  It looks different enough from the OT version, and I'd rather have a new mold then another repaint or repackaged of the bomber.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10 PM »
It would be an okay toy I suppose.  I just did not think it was all that great in that episode.  I mean if it continues to show up then maybe.  I do not feel the need to collect every single thing from this series that appears.  If my son really likes it then maybe I would buy it.  I kind of think they may end up overkilling all the vehicles if they make them all.  But Hasbro probably loves this.  It gives them more options that repainting the same vehicle all the time.  I am getting tired of all the starfighter repaints so maybe this would be welcomed on the shelves.  I really do not like yellow ships though.  If it was another color...here comes a repaint....then maybe I would like it more.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 09:52 PM »
I did enjoy the Y-Wings in the episode, and I love messing around with them in various video games. (Empire at War, Battlefront) It's easily one of my favorite ships from the Saga and in my collection. However, I can't say that I would buy a toy. I feel that the Y-Wing doesn't really mesh with the rest of the Republic armada. I almost think that it would've been coller to see as a Seperatist ship. The ARC-170 will fill the Prequel fighter/bomber role in my collection.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 05:12 AM »
I did enjoy the Y-Wings in the episode, and I love messing around with them in various video games. (Empire at War, Battlefront) It's easily one of my favorite ships from the Saga and in my collection. However, I can't say that I would buy a toy. I feel that the Y-Wing doesn't really mesh with the rest of the Republic armada. I almost think that it would've been coller to see as a Seperatist ship. The ARC-170 will fill the Prequel fighter/bomber role in my collection.

Good point Greg. It would have almost made sense to see them using ARC-170s in this episode instead - almost like "hey this is the first squadron of ARC-170s, let's try these things out"

I think it would have been much cooler to start to showing Seperatist forces as something other than Grievous and droids.

My biggest problem with the episode was that in ROTS, you get the sense from the dialogue between Obi-Wan and Grievous that when they face-off on Utapau, it's the first time they've ever fought, well now supposedly it isn't, so the dialogue doesn't really fit (IMHO).

Second, if a massive ship like the Malevolence had been taken out after only a short period of time in service, how did Grievous get such a stellar reputation? In fact, the movie realm of Star Wars would have seen Count Dooku or Darth Sidious rip Grievous apart with the force over this failure.

I would have been much better if the Malevolence had been commanded by a biological Seperatist General (like Whorm Loathsom) who employed a mix of droids and militia from his own world. The Y-Wings could have been ships from his world. Heck, make him a Sullustan, it would have much more sense to have them be the origin for the Y-Wing since we already know that (a) Sullust was part of the Confederacy of independent systems and (b) that Sullustans were active in helping the Rebel Alliance.

I like the show so far, but they really need to stop the whole Confederacy = 100% droid soldiers. Or coming up with the "new droid of the week" like they did with the Rookies episode.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Looks like Hasbro thinks it's a good idea.  According to a listing from a german retailer, the Clone Wars Y-Wing is due out this spring.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Cool.

Provided they don't **** it up
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 09:37 AM »
What's it look like?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Cool.

Provided they don't **** it up

Or make it a TRU or K-Mart exclusive

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Looking forward to pictures! This could be really cool.

Made you look.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 02:07 PM »
What's it look like?

Really, really awesome.

Sort of like a Y.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 02:10 PM »
What's it look like?

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 09:29 AM »
If the extra parts were removable, I'm sold.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Well, I guess you probably won't be buying.  :P

I doubt the panels would be made removable, especially as it's not in the source material.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 10:00 AM »
...especially as it's not in the source material.

Yep, 'cause Hasbro has never taken liberties when it comes to vehicle accuracy.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Oh, they only take those liberties when it's something the kids' "want." If it makes sense and is appealing to collectors... well, Hasbro probably won't do it.