Author Topic: CW Y-Wing Starfighter  (Read 52721 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Y-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 05:08 PM »
...No offense to Turbo Tank fans, but that just falls flat to me for some reason.   :-\

I'm kind of agreeing with you on that Jesse. I thought I'd be excited for the Turbo Tank and now I'm not. It's just WAY to undersized and the lower part by the wheels is too boxy for me. We don't need that to be a speeder launching section.

The CW Y-wing however is much as I thought a Y-wing would look like with armor, so I'm glad they're making this. The price point however is hitting me in the gut. I'd be slightly okay with $40. Though I'd prefer in the $30 range. The rumored $60 or $70 is too much. I don't know if I should buy one of these right away or hope for a sale down the line. I do expect these to be good sellers. But I don't know if they'll be great sellers, enough to warrant a panic about not buying them at first glance.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2009, 03:28 PM »
So based off the front page news the Y Wing will be in stores any day now is that correct? I was liking the first in store date way off in Oct. I wanted that extra time to save up that $65. Oh well.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2009, 03:37 PM »
I still can't get in the hang of stopping by the front page.

Bring on the Y-Wing though!  Not looking forward to the high price, but I've been waiting for this thing.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2009, 03:48 PM »
So based off the front page news the Y Wing will be in stores any day now is that correct? I was liking the first in store date way off in Oct. I wanted that extra time to save up that $65. Oh well.

October will probably be the soonest you see this thing as stores have to move through all of the ARC ships clogging the shelves.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Yes, according to Hasbro that's the schedule, however you know how that goes...

The thing working in the YW's favor is that it's been seen in Asia now for over a month.  Usually once things are spotted you can count on them a month or two from when they're first seen.  That's been my experience anyway (and by "you" I mean anyone on the West Coast, since it's usually at least a month till I see anything after it's already been found anywhere else! ;D ).

This was Hasbro's release though, so I think we'll see it sooner than later.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2009, 11:00 AM »
The more I look at this, the more I think it's great. However, I'm still going to pass. I like the idea of having a "new" version of this classic, but the top gun port takes me out of it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2009, 05:45 AM »
It's not bad.  The sticker sheet is basically all white, the stickers go on the white part, and they're basically invisible from a distance.  Totally worthless except for one which goes in the canopy.

Hasbro really loaded it up with play features.  For the asking price, I'm a little surprised they didn't put in a beep or a light or something, but there's a ton of projectiles here.  The handle's a nice touch.  R2-D2 and the gunner could probably use a booster seat though.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline therupert

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter!
« Reply #127 on: September 2, 2009, 12:44 PM »
I just picked one of these up last night at a Wal-Mart here in the Los Angeles area.
Very, very cool ship.  I usually don't collect vehicles, but this thing was hard to pass up.  Y-Wing was probably my favorite ship from the OT so to see it all sparkly and new and armored up is pretty darn cool!

Here's some info for those of you looking for this sucker:
Assortment Number:  91378/91350
UPC Number: 6 56569 43597 6

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 2, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Man, thanks for the UPC #.

I just got off a painful call with the local Walmart trying to get them to check stock on that #. I had to read it back to them 3 different times and they still couldn't find it.

THIS SUCKS!!!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 2, 2009, 04:38 PM »
THIS SUCKS!!!

Patience, young Padawan. I'm sure it'll show up eventually.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #130 on: September 7, 2009, 12:41 AM »
I picked up one in a Wal-Mart in New Jersey.  Used that 5.00 Clone bucks too.  Got it for 59.00.  Then I walked across the parking lot and got a Fedaration Droid Tank for 16.99 at Target with more Clone Bucks.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 9, 2009, 09:11 PM »
All of my Targets are stacked double deep with ARCs so I'll be making more visits to WM to score this sucker.  Got my EE catalog today and they have the Imperial ARC advertised as a "best seller" at $74.99.  Yeeaaaaah right.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2009, 03:04 PM »
All of my Targets are stacked double deep with ARCs so I'll be making more visits to WM to score this sucker.  Got my EE catalog today and they have the Imperial ARC advertised as a "best seller" at $74.99.  Yeeaaaaah right.

Are you saying I can't tell what's selling well at my job? :) It's a best-seller for *us*.

Seriously though, it's been doing pretty well for us. High-end toys and collectibles are kinda our thang.   
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2009, 03:09 PM »
the Imperial ARC advertised as a "best seller" at $74.99.  Yeeaaaaah right.

It's a best-seller for *us*.

Seriously though, it's been doing pretty well for us.

I'm not surprised some folks are paying $75 at EE, it's cheaper than the $80 that TRU is charging.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Yeah, but the shipping nullifies that savings even with the tax you'd have to pay at TRU.

This is one OVERPRICED toy. I'm still passing on it. If it ever dwindles down to $40 or less I may bite. I like the deco, but it's not worth that high price to me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010