Author Topic: CW Y-Wing Starfighter  (Read 52707 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Y-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2009, 01:40 PM »
WHEW!

I finally scored the Y-Wing this morning, and I am MAJORLY relieved. TRU had exactly 1 on the shelf, luckily in a decent box. $73 after tax, but the free Clone Trooper manual was a nice bonus. (they really did a sweet job with this thing)

I am officially caught up with every last CW toy officially available to retail outlets.

Bring on the new BP's and next Fig Wave!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Still haven't seen this one and I'm thinking it could be a while. The Shadow ARC is collecting dust at every big box store around here (and we have many). I'm really curious to see what XMas brings this year. Usually XMas brings out the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles who clean shelves of whatever is on it. Though with so many people just struggling to makes ends meet will the same happene again this year?

I think it's the only way, short of clearances, to get the Shadow ARC off shelves.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2009, 08:04 AM »
Still haven't seen this one and I'm thinking it could be a while. The Shadow ARC is collecting dust at every big box store around here (and we have many). I'm really curious to see what XMas brings this year. Usually XMas brings out the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles who clean shelves of whatever is on it. Though with so many people just struggling to makes ends meet will the same happene again this year?

I think it's the only way, short of clearances, to get the Shadow ARC off shelves.

I worked for Target for years and can't think of more than a couple instances where Target will put a specific item from an assortment on clearance. Because they put DPCIs on clearance not the specific item which would mean the Y Wing would be marked down too. And they can't change the DPCI since they come in the same assortment.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03 AM »
amazon.com has them in stock.  I was worried that I wasn't going to get one for my son so I just bit the bullet and ordered on line.  The ARC's are not and will not move I'm afraid :-\ and who knows how many are still in the Target system.  Add to that an absolute train wreck of a local Wal Mart I'm OK with ordering :P

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:16 AM by Jeff »

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2009, 01:16 PM »
I definitely have my finger on the trigger... What did the cost with shipping come to? That's the deal breaker for me at this point. I'm just afraid with the higher cost ($70) that the shipping might price it high enough that I might opt to wait. Of course watch me regret that. Ugh...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Just did a search on Amazon....Um are those true secondary prices on the TAC & OTC Y-Wings?

$150   ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2009, 01:33 PM »
are those true secondary prices on the TAC & OTC Y-Wings?

If by "true secondary prices" you mean 'prices that scalpery on-line shops are charging', then yes.

If by "true secondary prices" you mean 'what people are actually paying for them', then no.  Plenty sell on eBay for $30-50.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2009, 02:57 PM »
The total with Tax and Shipping was $77...we traded in quite a few birthday gift cards though

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Just did a search on Amazon....Um are those true secondary prices on the TAC & OTC Y-Wings?

$150   ???

A similar question was brought up in the 1:18 military world because since 21st's selling of their assets (at least in part) to another company, 1:18 has gone through the roof a lot.  The weird thing is though, it's spilled over to the "Bravo Team" stuff at Target, and the other day a Bravo Team Bradley and Abrams (like $20 and $30 respectively I believe), sold for $150 total on Ebay (or thereabouts).  It was absurd, and on something that just showed up at TRU not long ago and is likely to resurface at Target too.

Ebay's a nutty place.

I picked up a model rocket I wanted because it was an accurately scaled SW item, and I watched the auctions closely and the first one went for around $100...  The very next one had a BIN for $30 I missed, and the third one I put a $20 bid on, and won.  Just no rhyme or reason at times.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Definitely no rhyme or reason to eBay. I have seen loose figures (mostly what I search being a loose collector) go for astronomical amounts and I have sat and said "WTF"  :o, and then hours later (or a day later) seen the same figure go for half or less than half. It's odd and I can't grasp the workings whatsoever.

I can say at times I'm astonished at what some loose figures go for. Whudda thunk the POTF2 garbage would fetch more than a couple of bucks, yet I have seen some end [loose] $10+  :-X

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Saw 2 CW Y-wing at one local store, i had to hesitate for a moment, & decided to not buy it at retail price, I still want a plenty of figures that I can buy for that amount of money, dough I would love to have Matchstick on that ship when the time be :) I know those two will no see it at my next visit but who cares am not that rich :(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:50 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Saw this today at a mom & pop shop.  But at $69.99 it was too pricey for my tastes.  Plus, I've got some Target gift cards I want to put to good use.  So, I passed.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 4, 2009, 10:31 AM »
After sitting around for nearly a month, I finally got around to opening this. I have to say, I'm more than a little underwhelmed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 4, 2009, 12:22 PM »
I have to say, I'm more than a little underwhelmed.

Why is that? :(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 5, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Too big. Too clean. Not enough detail. Feels light, way too cheep for the price. I'm just not feeling it. I'm thinking about returning it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."