Author Topic: What Would Be the Last to Go?  (Read 5640 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Be the Last to Go?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I haven't got a clue what I'd purge?  My collection is so diverse and little things have special appeal in different ways.  Plus I'm always purging anyway, so it isn't much of a stretch.  Plus I broke the completist mode a long time ago, so it's made it easier on me.  Broke my heart to watch OCB sell of his Simpsons stuff but I feel lucky I was very narrow in focus with those, so there's only a limited amount I have anyway.   

Things I'm fond of:
Star Wars OT stuff - GG, Sideshow, Hasbro figures
WOS Homer figures
Marvel Legends and DC stuff
Certain, meaningful sports picks (the custom Selanne a guy paid to have done for me is not going anywhere)

I think the last thing to go would be the loose, vintage Star Wars collection. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 10:20 AM »
It was hard for me to do but this year I am taking a break.  I stopped back in June and am taking a year to or so.  I have already started purging what I have Dumping Simpsons, Star Trek, Marvel, JLU, Comic books and card sets and will be sorting through my SW stuff.

I hope that when I come through the other end I will continue to collect the 3 3/4 Star wars Line  with some pick up from other 3 3/4 lines.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 10:36 AM »
SW is the only thing I collect with any regularity. I've already cut out my carded collection due to space issues, but if I had to make more cuts, I'd start with EU characters, then PT. OT would be the last to go.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 12:31 PM »
I'm gonna stop collecting the Indiana Jones line before the second Raiders wave comes out.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."